How far behind Legandary is Elite for priority access?

(Wepohn) #1

Hi, I’m not sure if this is something you know yet but for a lot of people $120/£70 is a lot to pay for access + extras for a game that is ultimately going to be free to play. Elite is something I can afford but I’m wondering thread title.

(Provok) #2

Hi, I’m wondering if I get a Veteran Pack, I’ll be able to play the closed alpha or not ?

I mean, what’s the “priority access” thing ? When will I be able to play the closed alpha if I get the Veteran Pack ?

(Dthy) #3

“Priority Access” means you’ll have priority to join the closed alpha before someone who doesn’t. e.g. if player a has priority access and player b doesn’t, player a will most likely be picked.

(Mustang) #4

My guess for Closed Alpha would be Legendary is instant access whereas Elite is if they haven’t met the weekly quota of Legendary members the spare slots will be given to the Elite guys on a first come first served basis.

Then for Closed Beta any Elites that aren’t in yet will get an invite, maybe staggered over several weeks.

This is just my guesses.

(Litego) #5

I’m wondering what the priorities are between Veteran and Elite? Are they equal or do Elites get higher priority?

(Dthy) #6

By the looks of it there is no difference, just one gets you more swag than the other.

(yorkey1) #7

So have any elites or veterans buyers gotten into alpha yet?

(SyncFx) #8

I will be sad if this is the case.

(Wepohn) #9

Thats what I thought before anybody got alpha access. Looks like horizontal progression (right term?) with Alpha/Beta access being the base for all but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Atleast not equally.

(Brinkman) #10

I’m hoping early adapters get free DLC when the game goes live.

(SockDog) #11

If the Close Beta launches anything like the Alpha then I’d expect everyone to get access at the same time. Remember this isn’t going to be one of those 10,000 keys available on website X type things where there are a huge number of people. I expect the paywall, as well as earning SD some up front revenue, is there to limit people who are in, to those who are willing to invest time playing and testing the game.

(Litego) #12

I will be sad if it’s not. By looking at the prepurchase page it looks like they have equal priority. If Elite have higher than I think that should have been mentioned and I might have put in the extra money. But nothing else in the pack really excites me, I just want the early access, no point paying $30 extra if I don’t get higher priority.

(Locki) #13

Hi all,

Mustang and Sockdog are right. We’re closely controlling the number of players entering as we watch the quality of service, our ability to respond to feedback well, and the rate of adoption of different tiers.

You don’t have to pay to be on list (we initially selected dozens of people based on important community contributions, in many cases I’ve emailed them directly and invited them before they’ve registered) but Founder’s Club does absolutely guarantee priority early access. Badman is inviting Legendary members personally.

We’ll open the Elite tier as soon as we can, and then later the Veteran tier as soon as we achieve sufficient capacity for everyone to have a great time. There won’t be an exact date - I hope you’ll all support us in getting this right.

We’re so pleased with how well the closed-alpha is going, and the contribution people are making has left us in awe… 7,000+ posts on the Dirty Bomb private closed-alpha and VIP/Inner Circle forums already, and my team has read ALL of them :).

Thanks all!

(BomBaKlaK) #14

[QUOTE=Locki;424643]…and my team has read ALL of them :).

Thanks all![/QUOTE]

Your welcome !
it’s really nice to see SD listening to their community, make more sense to support your work.
Old school dude !

(Loki.) #15

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;424959]Your welcome !
it’s really nice to see SD listening to their community, and make more sense to support your work.
Old school dude ![/QUOTE]

i agree…
what sold me on this game, PC exclusive! (old school dude myself - RTCW/W:ET/ETQW are classics)
hoping DB will follow in their footsteps… reason why i bought the Elite pack…

hopefully i’ll get an invite to the alpha, have a few friends playing it…even in alpha they are enjoying it (and thats all they will say :slight_smile: )
if i dont, i’ll wait for the beta… either way, looking forward to playing it…

(Mustang) #16

Loki: Play W:ET with me?
Friend: No I’m “busy”
Loki: Play ETQW with me?
Friend: I said I’m “busy”
Loki: Play L4D with me?
Friend: Seriously…?
Loki: Play Pony Princess with me?

Loki: Hello?

(Loki.) #17

i guess that is suppose to be funny and a insult directed at me… but considering i have no clue who you are, you failed miserably…

nice try though… keep on trolling…

(Mustang) #18

[QUOTE=Loki.;425345]i guess that is suppose to be funny and a insult directed at me… but considering i have no clue who you are, you failed miserably…

nice try though… keep on trolling…[/QUOTE]
:confused: Urrm, with someone who has “Location: ur Mom! why?” set in their profile, guess I just figured you were someone with a sense of humour.

Sorry for the confusion there, but just to clarify I was eluding to the fact that the DB alpha is so enjoyable (as you stated) that your friends were too preoccupied to spend time with you.

So I was not at all “trying” to insult or troll you.

However it would seem the message was lost in translation on the way to my mum.

Will try to be less cryptic next time.

Have a make-up cookie:~

(Loki.) #19

sweet, i like cookies!

can you pick up some milk on the way to yours mums, she’s all out…

thanks!

:wink:

(Wepohn) #20

Hey guys, leave my thread alone!