Please let me decide when to uncrouch

(Mustang) #1

I use push-to-crouch and push-to-sprint.

If I’m holding crouch and then start holding sprint my guy stands up even though I’m still holding crouch.

Please don’t do this!

When I want to uncrouch I will release the crouch button myself, what the heck does the sprint button have to do with my crouch/stand stance?

I could maybe understand it for breaking out of toggle crouch, but not push-to-crouch.

(Mustang) #2

Just wondering if this has been or could be added to the bug tracker.

(.N.E.R.D.) #3

I don’t think this is a bug, it is like this in many FPS. You can’t sprint while crouching so sprint overrides your crouch. If you wanna crouch just don’t press sprint :slight_smile:

(Smooth) #4

The bug is that pressing sprint (without holding forward!) causes you to get up and just stand there.

(Mustang) #5

Well really it should be pressing forward when using toggle crouch and releasing crouch when using push-to crouch, but that seems to be the gist of it.

(RasteRayzeR) #6

I like this option very much ! As with the recon or soldier it’s perfect to stay in crouch mode and allows you to quickly move if required.

+1 for this option to remain in game, but maybe add a toggle option for this in the options’ menu ?

(Mustang) #7

So I managed to get this working with the following tweaks, it’s not pretty, but it works 100%.

However I’m sure there is a much nicer way to accomplish this in code.

Bindings=(Name="Duck",Command="SetCrouch true | OnRelease SetCrouch false | SetBind RightMouseButton HoldBreathCmd | OnRelease SetBind RightMouseButton SprintAndBreath | OnRelease SetSprint false | Axis aUp Speed=-1.0  AbsoluteAxis=100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name="DuckAndSprint",Command="SetCrouch true | OnRelease SetCrouch false | SetBind RightMouseButton HoldBreathCmd | OnRelease SetBind RightMouseButton SprintAndBreath | OnRelease SetSprint true | Axis aUp Speed=-1.0  AbsoluteAxis=100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name="HoldBreathCmd",Command="SetHoldBreath true | OnRelease SetHoldBreath false | SetBind LeftControl DuckAndSprint | OnRelease SetBind LeftControl Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name="SprintAndBreath",Command="SetSprint true | OnRelease SetSprint false | SetHoldBreath true | OnRelease SetHoldBreath false | SetBind LeftControl DuckAndSprint | OnRelease SetBind LeftControl Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="SprintAndBreath",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name="LeftControl",Command="Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

(Mustang) #8

As mentioned elsewhere I noticed I’ve been having massive framerate drops when crouching.

It turns out SetBind is the primary culprit for this.

So to summarise when using push-to-crouch and the crouch key is being held upon pressing sprint the character uncrouches, even though I’m still holding the crouch key. What should happen is the character remains crouched until the crouch key is released.

For those that would still prefer this functionality after it’s fixed it’d be very easy to add “SetCrouch false” to “SprintAndBreath”, but for those of us that don’t want this there is no solution… yet.

As a sidenote, it would also be great if SetBind didn’t cause framerate issues. For example if I have a SetBind on my scrollwheel and scroll several clicks many SetBinds will trigger and my screen will stop rendering until they’ve finished.

Being cheaky in an attempt to put this on SRS-Kap’s radar, please don’t hate me. :smiley:

(Mustang) #9

Still bugged in 36382.

(Mustang) #10

Still bugged in 38182.

(Smooth) #11

Our system works on the basis that when there is an movement-state conflict, the most recent key-press takes priority.

[ul]
[li]If you press sprint while crouching, we assume that you want to start sprinting (even with crouch still held)[/li][li]If you press crouch while sprinting, we assume you want to start crouching (even with sprint still held)[/li][/ul]
As I said, there is a bug for the fact that you stand up when pressing sprint but you’re not actually moving anywhere, the sprint-state (and thus the un-crouch) shouldn’t be engaged until you start moving.

Other than that though, the system is working as intended.

(Glottis-3D) #12

[QUOTE=Smooth;509567]Our system works on the basis that when there is an movement-state conflict, the most recent key-press takes priority.

[ul]
[li]If you press sprint while crouching, we assume that you want to start sprinting (even with crouch still held)[/li][li]If you press crouch while sprinting, we assume you want to start crouching (even with sprint still held)[/li][/ul]
As I said, there is a bug for the fact that you stand up when pressing sprint but you’re not actually moving anywhere, the sprint-state (and thus the un-crouch) shouldn’t be engaged until you start moving.

Other than that though, the system is working as intended.[/QUOTE]
mb you can just add in the menu:
sprint cancels toggled crouch [yes] [no]
sprint cancels toggled ironsight [yes] [no]

(Mustang) #13

Still bugged in 39035.

(Mustang) #14

Still bugged in 40323.