DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 15833

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

We have just released a new game update with the following changes:

Levels

[ul]
[li]Added the Whitechapel level to the map rotation!
[/li][li]Updated lighting on Waterloo Terminus - this is work-in-progress
[/li][li]Added command maps to Waterloo Terminus & Whitechapel
[/li][li]Added Time Extension to Objective Mode for some levels
[/li][li]Added Overtime to Objective Mode for when an objective is in progress
[/li][/ul]
General

[ul]
[li]Added new Limbo menu including Character cards
[/li][li]Rotated Assault Characters: “Dazzler” is out, “Conker” is in!
[/li][li]Quick Ability key has been added to ‘Q’ (by default) - this is work-in-progress
[/li][li]Pressing sprint no longer cancels reload - cannot reload while sprinting - this is work-in-progress
[/li][li]Updated game logo in launcher and splash screen
[/li][li]Fixed some issues with Death Ghosts
[/li][li]Various improvements to animations
[/li][li]Added placeholder hit beeps - see Audio options menu
[/li][li]Added team-coloured lasers to turrets
[/li][/ul]
Balance

[ul]
[li]Reduced knife melee range by 10%
[/li][li]Reworked health regen behaviour
[/li][li]Tweaked weapon spread behaviour when sprinting and jumping
[/li][li]Increased effective range on most weapons
[/li][li]Tweaked Shotgun spread and damage falloff
[/li][li]Adjusted Sniper sway and Hold Breath duration
[/li][li]Tweaked Air Control & jumping behaviour[/ul]
[/li]
Please refer to this thread for known issues.

(Paul) #2

Awesome update!

Somehow I also feel like I can finally kill someone and have an honest chance as medic - thanks for the update!

(iwound) #3

^ what he said. top job guys n gals.

also i like this bit especially as i suggested a change, really nice. looking forward to this weeks gaming.

(acQu) #4

Well, seems the servers were pretty full in the last couple of hours and only me hit a time where noone was on, so i couldn’t test out any changes affecting gunplay or co.

However i noticed the good job on the UI, nicely looking thingy. All other things need to be further checked.

(Mustang) #5

Hitsounds, w00p!

(Rex) #6

The hitsounds sound like a truck in reverse. :smiley: Had to turn them off.

(SRS-Kap) #7

The hitsounds sound like a truck in reverse. Had to turn them off.

:slight_smile: They are just placeholder. We will be doing an audio pass on hit beeps soon.

(murka) #8

The hitbeeps are in reverse imho. Should be low pitch for body and high for head. I’m starting to like the classic pan-pounding sound tho.

(Mustang) #9

I think the GUI for hitsounds should be:
Hitsounds > Realistic/Beeps

Rather than:
Hit beeps > On/Off

The latter to me indicates that with hit beeps off there will be no hitsounds, which is untrue.

(DarkangelUK) #10

Ive not played it yet but it seems to be following the Quake Live style by the sounds of it… that does high for light hit and low beep for heavy.

(tokamak) #11

Shattered horizon’s had the best hitsounds. Really sharp and satisfying ‘snaps’ that were audible regardless of what was going on.

(INF3RN0) #12

OMFG MY GAME IS SMOOTHER THAN A BABY’S BOTTOM! Limbo looks very nice also. Will update this post.

(amazinglarry) #13

Hopefully there’ll be some fools around tonight who won’t mind me bringin my TK skillz to the party.

(rookie1) #14

Many DB news today :slight_smile: anxious to finish work and see all that GJ :slight_smile:

(shirosae) #15

Really impressed. Much, much smoother. Moderate fps increase on all three maps, but it feels smoother than that alone. Can’t quite put my finger on what it is.

(Dragonji) #16

I wish we had Q3’s hitsounds as defaults (ah, dreams :tongue:).

(amazinglarry) #17

I’m getting an FPS drop in front of Activision Headquarters on London Bridge… and I’ve had some really weird hit detection wonkyness as well. My ping is ~200 on the EU servers and there’s been more than a few times I’ve had client hit detection only to have “apparently” barely wounded the other player. Conversely, I’ve had poison bullets that killed other players (Rex for example) 3 seconds after I stopped shooting.

(Violator) #18

New build is great, esp loving the new limbo screen + the lighting on Waterloo is sexeh :). However the 4 minutes for the first objective seems a bit short - that objective is always hard to attack as the defenders spawn almost on top of it.

On the obj servers it was playing very smooth, much more than previous builds, but when we hit the SW server it starting chopping like crazy, like amazinglarry was saying - esp. on London Bridge. My ping was a bit higher than usual (I’m lucky I normally get a ping around 12-15 but tonight it was around 32). I’d like to record some demos but my PC can’t handle anything else (I tried fraps and it nearly died :)).

I got the ‘dalek thing’ on a few map changes as well (http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/34299-Dalek-mode-on-join). I also seemed to have a few ‘die in the wall’ moments more than usual tonight.

Overall great fun and getting better all the time :).

(stealth6) #19

Is there any way to make the hit beeps louder?

Also I’m liking the jump, you can bunny hop all over the place. Not sure if that’s a good thing though, but as long as I’m the only one doing it, it is for now :stuck_out_tongue:

(light_sh4v0r) #20

Nice, it’ll be interesting to see how overtime plays in SD games :slight_smile:
Stopwatch shouldn’t get overtime though!