Do you want health regeneration?

(Rex) #1

We already had a discussion about this yesterday on IRC, but I would like to hear your opinions.

I still can’t see any pros for health regeneration, even if it’s only to 50Hp. So I voted for “No”.

(Pytox) #2

Nope.avi :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #3

Imo, health regen makes medic less useful/obsolete. No regen.

(iwound) #4

glad this question has come up. i dont like it.
maybe its just OCD but i like the fact my health amount is directly connected to either taking fire or getting health packs.
the regen feels random. i very rarely use it intentionally. only if im taking cover i may notice its effect.
i suppose its there to stop you from respawning because your too low on health and you prefer to respawn on full.
kind of noobifying health.
but id prefer a more level playing field and have the choice to fight on with 1hp or respawn.

no-regen would make a better use of medics with a real need for support from them. and this imo makes for a fun game.
i wouldnt mind a health supply station every now and again though.

(Mustang) #5

At first I was like “wtf noes”, then I was like “meh”, so voted yes as it doesn’t really bother me but it might help increase playerbase.

In true I would have opted for don’t care, but it wasn’t an option,

(Breo) #6

When regen will be removed you will get medics with always full health fragging all the low health players. It’s also a balance feature I guess because you have a small chance to get another frag with let’s say 25% health against a full health player and current weapons.

I think 50% health regen is fine but definitly no full regen. The medic class is still usefull for full health and reviving ofc.

(Evil-Doer) #7

Don’t like it.

(DarkangelUK) #8

Can’t say I care either way. I wouldn’t mind if it was gone but I know my deaths will go up, but well, it’s high anyway so i’ll go with majority on this one. (there really needs to be ‘Don’t Care’ options on these polls)

(SockDog) #9

Missing a Either option so I voted yes.

I think it’s there to keep the game flowing a little faster and I can live with that. Maybe there needs to be a review of the timing and amount of regen at some point of the testing. I’d be totally against a full regen system so this kind of keeps you in a position to seek a medic or avoid some stray bullets.

Not to skew the topic but I have to say I find it amusing that there is a big anti regen sentiment by players who use medics to self heal and rambo matches. As such, if regen goes then I’d like to see self healing medics vanish too. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

(Breo) #10

+1 for balancing

(Evil-Doer) #11

[QUOTE=SockDog;422286]
Not to skew the topic but I have to say I find it amusing that there is a big anti regen sentiment by players who use medics to self heal and rambo matches. As such, if regen goes then I’d like to see self healing medics vanish too. Enjoy! :)[/QUOTE]

If you take the regeneration of health away, the medics WILL HAVE to heal their players, or guess what, you will just have a medic running around while the rest of the team is getting killed. It will be extremely more evident in my mind that a medic is just healing himself without the regeneration. This will forces medics to play their roll more an not run around ramboing by themselves.

Agree/Disagree?

(Rex) #12

[QUOTE=iwound;422268]glad this question has come up. i dont like it.
maybe its just OCD but i like the fact my health amount is directly connected to either taking fire or getting health packs.
the regen feels random. i very rarely use it intentionally. only if im taking cover i may notice its effect.
i suppose its there to stop you from respawning because your too low on health and you prefer to respawn on full.
kind of noobifying health.
but id prefer a more level playing field and have the choice to fight on with 1hp or respawn.

no-regen would make a better use of medics with a real need for support from them. and this imo makes for a fun game.
i wouldnt mind a health supply station every now and again though.[/QUOTE]

That’s a nice summary of what I said yesterday.
A skillful factor was always that you need to decide if you go into a fight with or low health and try your luck or retreat or respawn.
Also no regen encourages more teamplay, because you need to rely on the medics more.

[QUOTE=Breo;422280]When regen will be removed you will get medics with always full health fragging all the low health players. It’s also a balance feature I guess because you have a small chance to get another frag with let’s say 25% health against a full health player and current weapons.

I think 50% health regen is fine but definitly no full regen. The medic class is still usefull for full health and reviving ofc.[/QUOTE]

Breo, it’s not about the current state, I meant it in general. The game will change more into the direction that you even got a chance with 1Hp against a player who doesn’t aim as good as you.

That’s a completely different point. And I think no one had a problem with this in previous games.

(SockDog) #13

[QUOTE=Evil-Doer;422289]If you take the regeneration of health away, the medics WILL HAVE to heal their players, or guess what, you will just have a medic running around while the rest of the team is getting killed. It will be extremely more evident in my mind that a medic is just healing himself without the regeneration. This will forces medics to play their roll more an not run around ramboing by themselves.

Agree/Disagree?[/QUOTE]

You are not wrong but I’d also say that what a medic should do and what they may actually do isn’t the same. Some people won’t give a **** if they’re the only one pwning the other team even if it means losing the match. This wasn’t really my point though. I’m just pointing out a little hypocrisy in the criticism of the regen system (with an intention of keeping a game flowing and players playing) over the existing self regening that medics enjoy to their own selfish ends and generally against game flow.

(Valdez) #14

I would prefer no health regeneration except for the medic class. If there is no regen for all classes there just will not be enough packs. So FULL regen for medics everyone else has no regen.

(Maca) #15

Been away for almost two weeks, have to get back to get mowed down.

But about this topic, and something else. I would actually wish there would be no regen, except for the medic. But, medic should not be able to be healed by med packs, only from stationary health stands, if there are any. I’m sure this is something many would object to, but I would like to see the medic become someone who heals and revives others, but is forced to stay out of the absolute heart of the fight and pacing himself by not having the ability to get any immediate heals. Making him more of a support class and making protecting your medic a valuable move, but still not making the medic at all worthless in battle. As i said this is slightly off topic but seemed close enough to get this off my chest. And didn’t remember a thread with this topic.

(rookie1) #16

there is already a kind of minimun regeneration …wich is good like it is

(DarkangelUK) #17

Suddenly everyone goes medic.

(amazinglarry) #18

I thought it was a cool mechanic in RtCW (and I think ET?) where the more medics on your team, the higher your maximum health was (capped at 140 I believe). Gave some incentive to have meds on your team (for a higher health pool, and presumably a higher chance at heals / revives).

But to the matter on hand, I’m personally not a fan of regen, even to 50% health. I hate knowing that if someone is able to escape a firefight and not be hit for x seconds even if I was close to taking them down, that they could regen to 50 without the aid of a medic. My incentive to chase down and finish the kill has diminished, as far as I’m concerned.

I could live with or without it.

(tokamak) #19

I want the Assault class to have some form of regenerative ability so that players can take more risks and truly be the action hero.

(INF3RN0) #20

Regen on medic makes sense in terms of encouraging them to medpack others instead of themselves. The medic however needs to have the worst mass killing weapon then however if this is the case, otherwise it defeats the purpose. I wouldn’t mind seeing two loadouts with opposite perks. Regen medic with a poor weapon pick and then your regular rambo type if it has to be there.