Community Question: What kind of chat do you want in RAD Soldiers?

(badman) #1

Community, in-game chat has been one of the most request new features in RAD Soldiers. We’re looking into adding this to the game in a future update, but since there’s a few different ways to go about this, we’d like to know from you how you want this chat functionality to work. This brings us to today’s Community Question:

What kind of in-game chat do you want in RAD Soldiers?

We’ve assembled a few common ways to do it in this week’s poll - if one of them matches what you’re looking for, vote for it. If not, select ‘Other’ and let us know how you’d like chat to work.

We look forward to your replies!

(Paul) #2

I voted for the first option but then decided the 2nd is the best. For tournaments etcetere it’s nice to also send other users a message like ‘We have a match… accept meee!’

(badman) #3

Bear in mind that this is about in-game chat, i.e. messages you send while you take your turn. Attaching custom messages to friends request is an interesting idea, though.

(amazinglarry) #4

I’m all for limiting it to friends only, having the ability to type and send messages. I’d also wouldn’t mind seeing a preset list to also send to friends (quick type).

I could do without random people spamming me, though.

(ChaosPinhead) #5

Both friends and random opponents. So many times I would have liked to say “Hey man nice round, you whooped me” Or “Ouch that has got to hurt!” or something to strike up some conversation. I’ve added several friends I simply can’t talk too but play with all the time. Canned answers are no good, they never cover the “range” of emotions/expressions one would want to say.

Free typed messages to friends and randoms +1

(Crozzton) #6

Chose the only friends options. Just so all the ppl afraid of flaming can avoid it.
It could be preset that you can write your friends and perhaps an option against randoms. Both have to agree on chat. Dunno if that is too much a fuzz

(Catnadian) #7

Second option, as long as there’s options to block people who think abusing chat (and chatting abuse) is hilarious and not at all obnoxious.

(Sandpuppy) #8

I would vote for the second point too, but I would like to be able to set a) as an option, as well as a possibility to just mute specific players
and I do not understand how this excludes the 2 other options:
some customizable presets like “enjoy the game” “good game” and “thanks for the game” “revange?” would not hurt as well - and you could just load them up into the textbox and add some personal text, like loading up “enjoy the game” and editing it to “enjoy the game - did we play before?”
or “thanks for the game” to “thanks for the game, you surprised me with blabla” or “revange?” to “revange? - same settings and teams?”
well I think I do not need to elaborate any further, I will take “other” :smiley:

(PERRIX) #9

Finally!! I just saw this thread!! Second opt. Of course

(Hot-Wire) #10

Man I voted for the wrong one. I meant for friends and randoms! Yes!! I want to send messages as we take turns!

(bk17c) #11

Sending chat messages to friends and random opponent in game and in the friends list is a GREAT IDEA!!!
Just like MOBA type of games, if you don’t like that guy you don’t have to reply!
If that guy is verbally offensive, maybe the dev. can add in a report player button?
:smiley:

(Desparado) #12

It would be nice to see chat during turn and then outside of that too in the friends list.

(bk17c) #13

Why not add in a global chat as well?
XD

(AgentOO7) #14

[/QUOTE][QUOTE=bk17c;423966]Why not add in a global chat as well?
XD

Yea his right. In instance, if your looking for a match but your friends in the friend list are not yet on line, we could just invite or ask to be invited in the global chat room. xD

(Profit) #15

Global chat, game chat (one chat box per turn), and private messaging pls. Bonus points if u link it to forum accounts so we can check our messages between gaming sessions. Forgive the l33t speak I do this from my phone lol