DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 15404

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

We have just released the latest update with the following changes:

Changelist

[ul]
[li]Swapped out Engineer 01 (Mine Girl!) for Engineer 02 (Turret Dude!) [/li][li]Swapped out Field Ops_01 primary weapons [/li][li]Added placeholder command map for Waterloo Terminus[/li][li]Death Ghosts have been enabled by default[/li][li]Various improvements and bug fixes to Death Ghosts[/li][li]Players now equip the most suitable weapon when revived[/li][li]Placeholder outro sequence has been improved[/li][li]Placeholder 3D characters now present in the Limbo menu[/li][li]Players can sprint to cancel reload[/li][li]Players can switch weapons when using energy based grenades[/li][li]Added initial team colours, disabled custom skin selection[/li][/ul]
Balance Changes:

[ul]
[li]Significant weapon balance tweaks across the board[/li][li]Reduced time to perfect-accuracy when scoping with sniper rifles[/li][li]Tweaked Air-control & jump height[/li][li]Reduced incapacitated player health[/li][li]Reduced Flash Bang grenade and Concussion grenade count to 1[/li][li]Increased cooldown on Flash Bangs and Concussion grenades[/li][li]Removed damage on Concussion grenade[/li][/ul]

Please refer to this thread for known issues.

Please Note: We are experiencing technical issues with the US-hosted servers so these are currently offline.

(Mustang) #2

Feels so nice, another big jump from the last patch, great work.

(warbie) #3

10 char

(iwound) #4

balance is great. turrets have a short life span but useful.
i dont see the skin colours unless i look close carefully. do nothing atm for i.d. if this were increased i’d hate it.
as they are if they were related to a rank on ingame xp maybe to see team-mates rank infight ie 3 bars. that would be a nice touch.

some great fights tonight lots of organised carnage. very choppy on 8v8 LB as it was before. lot of lag for me.

great update. 5 tapirs.

(INF3RN0) #5

Sprint to cancel is pretty annoying imo. It should just cancel from shooting, zooming, or swapping weapons. Also I’m getting some extreme choppiness in fps as well now and frequent crashing. Will have to test some more to comment on other changes.

(warbie) #6

I’ve been playing all evening and didn’t notice any new colours.

Big, big fan of this patch. I’m not entirely sure what’s been tweaked but it’s working well.

(SockDog) #7

If you get up close to the players they do have a slight tint, doesn’t seem as exaggerated as the limbo screen models though.

(Humate) #8

There are a few bugs with the sniper, one that doesnt allow you to unscope.
Apart from that - nice update.

(Violator) #9

Didn’t notice any skin colours either. Deathghosts are nice. Got shot through a wall:

[2461.45] Log: Log file open, 01/21/13 21:44:25
[2461.45] Log: Dumping BugIt data chart at 2013.01.21-21.44.25 using build 8710 built from changelist 15404
[2461.45] Log: MapName: OBJ_LondonBridge
[2461.45] Log: Description: 
[2461.45] Log: BugItGo -3189.7791 68.9032 189.8002 387 -27886 0
[2461.45] Log: ?BugLoc=-3189.78,68.90,189.80?BugRot=387,-27886,0
[2461.45] Log:  ---=== GameSpecificData ===--- 
[2461.45] Log: Log file closed, 01/21/13 21:44:25

Still hate the 1st obj on waterloo :(. Jump out of map bug at defender spawn (bus stop) on this map hasn’t yet been fixed.

(Reacto) #10

Even though I get almost 100% GPU utilization on both cores after the patch, my FPS is still lower. Usually it has been stable at around 120-140 on all maps, now it dipped a lot more down to 70-80 (which is kind of annoying with a 120Hz monitor), with everything at low (1600x900). Also, I didn’t get to test it more than a little, but turrets in bushes seemed buggy, took a lot of bullets for them to die. I’ll test it on an empty server tomorrow though.

(Apples) #11

I lowered everything and get 60 FPS (not that bad considering my gfx card), game feel smoother in general, on the warping problem, it seems like I’m warping usually around objects like cars or bus, it’s like I get glued / attracted to them, not enough good at IT to know why the engine is doing that tho.

Reduced weapon damage is a great thing, firefight last a bit longer and its good, general pace of the game is good to me and I think this patch nail many thing “game core” wise, I’ll sound like a broken record but the jumping can still get a bit more momentum (strafe jump) to smooth it even more, but if its not possible / not wanted by the devs, jump as it is I can deal with.

What I still find annoying / buggy :

• Turrets are still a bit OP to me (but that is because I’m more with tokamak on this point, I hate being killed by turrets as for me they should restrict an area not be insta-killer) even tho they are less deadly now, a lower RoF on them would do the trick nicely, and an increased buff in hp for them to last a bit longer.
  • Knife is freaking instakill, I allways hated it and will allways hate it, still dont get why a melee weapon should be instakill while 2 bullets in the head arent, for the covie to get backstab is ok, for everyone to be able to knife ala BF / CoD is bad (for my tastes) especially with “closed maps” and a little number of player per team as in DB.
  • Flashbang are still a bit weird, maybe less white effect (more like a white translucid mask and not a plain white screen) and a longer duration while recovering gradually can do the trick here, I find them too much “nothing / nothing / nothing / !ALL WHITE! / close to nothing / nothing”, need to fade more smoothly to feel right in the game IMO.
  • I’m with Inferno on the cancel reload sprint thingy, not being able to reload with sprint is to me a bad thing because it gives you another disadvantage of being short on bullet, you allready cant shoot, if you cant reload while trying to escape (by sprinting / sprint straff / sprint jump) you are a sitting duck. I’m saying that basically because I’m not a super fan of secondary weapons (dont have the right binding / dexterity to switch weapons easily), it might be less of an inconvenience for people who can switch to secondary and aim right with it quickly.
  • I’m probably blind because I didnt focused on that tonight, but a health bar would be greatly appreciated by many peoples, I know that heartbeat + blood = I’m close to death but I dont know if I’m at 10hp, 20hp, 30hp? This is an indication that should be given (or at least optional client side) to the player.

(timestart) #12

The health bar is the blue thing below your ammo, I didn’t notice it at first either :).

(murka) #13

Yeah, you should move the health bar on your hud, like this:

(rookie1) #14

This Update is a Booster (so far) for my chars …Feel great :slight_smile:
Had to reset Brigthness tho …Patch made the game Darker

(Pytox) #15

Liking this new patch very much, although had some crashes but it feels good :slight_smile:
With vsync it seemd that I had lag when moving mouse but I still have to recheck if that still happens. With vsync off the build ran nice.

(iwound) #16

tested with 5 and less players later last night/early this morning still choppy feels like running through mud. my fps still the same as before.
get some unusual effects occasional echo effect and getting stuck in one place.

the speed we had in previous ver seems to be gone. could be net issues.
has speed been reduced? or just the airtime tweek.

good balance i just want it as stable as it was.

(Anti) #17

Those of you experiencing performance issues please can you open the console and do ‘stat unit’. It’ll add some more debug to your screen which will help us track down if it’s a GPU or CPU related issue that is causing your problems.

(iwound) #18

just random pics or linked to bugs?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GT 610
Resolution: 800x600 4:3
Sound: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

(SRS-Kap) #19

RE: iwould

Those screenshots indicate that you are heavily CPU bound. As mentioned in the tech-recommended-spec’s page (http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/33113-Recommended-PC-Specifications), we current recommend at least Quad core machines during this closed alpha phase (ideally i5 or i7).

We do hope to be doing a performance pass for the lower end spec’s at some point in the near future.

(iwound) #20

[QUOTE=SRS-Kap;421740]RE: iwould

Those screenshots indicate that you are heavily CPU bound. As mentioned in the tech-recommended-spec’s page (http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/33113-Recommended-PC-Specifications), we current recommend at least Quad core machines during this closed alpha phase (ideally i5 or i7).

We do hope to be doing a performance pass for the lower end spec’s at some point in the near future.[/QUOTE]

nice, i will be upgrading at some point to an i5 to enjoy the full glory. but there is something different to the last version.
gone from smooth to very stuttery jerky behavior 80% of the time. was much added ie turrets etc to account for this.
strangely it seems ok in warmup will need to test more.