Tournament bracket talk

(Crozzton) #1

A place to discuss and tell tales from second round of the tournament.

Have send my invitation to yclai and am waiting his turn. You (yclai) have taken some turns at our 20pts match but left our tour fight alone. Lemme know if something is wrong.

Happy shooting lads.

(VaderWRX) #2

Currently on my second match with Armedmanus. I’ll comment after our games.

(tinker) #3

I think the game would be awesome at a huge tournament - you can walk a little around - eat something, drink something, discuss , make your turn somehow within 15 minutes.
a nice cinematic video of all games with a fantastic background soundtrack when everything is finished - showing the most creative / best turns .
still missing a feature with what I could download a movie of a full game - would be awesome to save some of the incredible games I had in the tourney.
currently waiting for sandpuppy on our first match - his 2nd turn

(Domm) #4

Waiting for Catnadain to invite for our first match… If its not coming soon I will send a start with my home map (city Center).

(Paul) #5

It doesn’t matter who starts first as the maps are pre-determined :slight_smile:

(Sandman77) #6

Ive challenged N30k on Park first. Wil be hard as he has 2 300 HP Heroes vs my Juan and Kate…

I defintly think for a tournament one should have more rules. Its a 850 HP Squad vs a 800 HP Squad, that might be doable but its harder…

(tinker) #7

why is that harder? sry Sandman but what your saying is b*sh

850vs 750 (!) hp is usual. you are way faster than he is.
and if he has commander + 2x 300 hp he has 850 (check) but you - as you say - juan and kate 200+250+300 --> 750

you could also pick 300 hp characters instead - why did you not if they are somehow “better” than other chars?

should I sit in the corner now just because MY enemy also has 100 hp more than me?

if he has NO healer on his setup - he even has less hp than you - if you throw a good poison on him -300 hp /100 from each …

btw. Domm - If you want to be 2nd on a map and he does not start - you could simply start and skip the turn -> result is nearly the same - all maps /apart from embankment / are point-symmetrical. only embankment is axyssemmetric
the maps look a little different when starting from the other side - but as far as I know they covered place is always the same

with friendly regards
tinker

(Domm) #8

[QUOTE=tinker;421638]

btw. Domm - If you want to be 2nd on a map and he does not start - you could simply start and skip the turn -> result is nearly the same - all maps /apart from embankment / are point-symmetrical. only embankment is axyssemmetric
the maps look a little different when starting from the other side - but as far as I know they covered place is always the same

with friendly regards
tinker[/QUOTE]

I see, your right. I did think it was strictly home/away games. But as you say it doesn’t really matter.
I’ll give him a go!

(VaderWRX) #9

Okay, quick rant.

There’s no money involved in this tournament so please STOP playing it safe!! This style of play where people hang back out of range is just booooooring! It’s made worse by the maps that have no safe cover in the center area (Bridge). I for one always try to advance on the center because I feel that it’s more of a challenge and a way to draw the campers out. I’m going to lose my set only because I got bored.

(Armedmanus) #10

[QUOTE=VaderWRX;421651]Okay, quick rant.

There’s no money involved in this tournament so please STOP playing it safe!! This style of play where people hang back out of range is just booooooring! It’s made worse by the maps that have no safe cover in the center area (Bridge). I for one always try to advance on the center because I feel that it’s more of a challenge and a way to draw the campers out. I’m going to lose my set only because I got bored.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel that way. When you are playing a good opponent and you pick the same units, you have to be patient and know when to strike.
Great job on the first map by the way. You got me good there! :slight_smile:

(Sandman77) #11

Tinker I do not own 2 300 HP characters, I think for a tournament the rules should be fair to all. YES, if I think and plan my moves I can win. I always like a healer before manpower but the base is not same. There is no skill in winning a game at level 32 vs a level 12. It is rather poor in fact if you loose as you have the upper hand in experience and in heroes and items.

Look at any real sport game in the world, would soccer be fun if a team had 12 players vs 11? Not really… I am merely stating again, for a tournament rules need to be made that make the games fair to all…

I like to win my games as a fair player not because I have the better heroes…

(VaderWRX) #12

[QUOTE=Armedmanus;421653]Sorry you feel that way. When you are playing a good opponent and you pick the same units, you have to be patient and know when to strike.
Great job on the first map by the way. You got me good there! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and my rant was not directed only at you. A majority of the guys who play at our level plat that way. It just makes the game soooo slow and boring. You have every right to play that way. It was just a quick rant based on my boredom. I look forward to playing you in a 20 or 26 match. Those games are harder to end up with a stand off because you have more chess pieces at your disposal.

I made a huge mistake on our second game. I thought I had accepted a different game against someone else. And then I saw your squad and name and I was like NOOOOOO. But it’s all good.

(tinker) #13

[QUOTE=Sandman77;421658]Tinker I do not own 2 300 HP characters, I think for a tournament the rules should be fair to all. YES, if I think and plan my moves I can win. I always like a healer before manpower but the base is not same. There is no skill in winning a game at level 32 vs a level 12. It is rather poor in fact if you loose as you have the upper hand in experience and in heroes and items.

Look at any real sport game in the world, would soccer be fun if a team had 12 players vs 11? Not really… I am merely stating again, for a tournament rules need to be made that make the games fair to all…

I like to win my games as a fair player not because I have the better heroes…[/QUOTE]

you have juan and kate
instead of kate you could have bought carlito grosso, gus marx or another juan.

you exspect EVERYONE to have 2 300hp characters but decline yourself.

300hp characters are not BETTER than 200 hp characters just because they have more hp. there is a balance made between hp,ability and movement.

how can you compare this to that? you could say soccer 12vs11 is not fun NO - the same goes for RAD soldiers - is it fun to play 2vs3 ? NO
but you HAVE 3 characters as soon as your register your account
is soccer fair if one team has small big boys and the other team has tall slim guys? who knows!

you could make the game fair if you say - not twice the same character
or a maximum cost of both characters + weapons BELOW 80.000
or players that play against each other are only allowed to be a max. of 5 levels apart - if not the lower player is 1 ahead / may choose who starts … and so on
or something like “only 1 setup for whole tourney may be used”
but don’t say “only 1 300hp char”- that’s cheer nonsense

you have kate and juan - if you watch the tourney matches - that ARE the “best” heroes - so to speak . most games are played with one or even both of them and therefor most games are won with them.

it is also not the setup that wins the game - it is the player.
a good player vs a new player - ok I can understand that but if someone competes the first round of the tourney you should assume he is not the worst.
It’s not like good players lose many more games just because they use a “bad” setup

for me at least it sounds like you have trouble in your game and nagg about

(Sandpuppy) #14

damn tinker, you may be right but you seem to be in a FOUL mood today, no b*sht :slight_smile:
by now our game should have cheered you up a little :wink:

(Crozzton) #15

[QUOTE=Sandman77;421658]Tinker I do not own 2 300 HP characters, I think for a tournament the rules should be fair to all. YES, if I think and plan my moves I can win. I always like a healer before manpower but the base is not same. There is no skill in winning a game at level 32 vs a level 12. It is rather poor in fact if you loose as you have the upper hand in experience and in heroes and items.

I like to win my games as a fair player not because I have the better heroes…[/QUOTE]

The better toons depends on how you like to play. And it’s a 14 pts match so there ought to have been time to get the ones you want.

I play with a HP pool of 750 HP or less in all my tour matches. You can’t compare HP with more power. Gus with 300 HP will never get to deal the same amount of damage as Kate with the same weapon. Agreed he can deal more damage if you let them stand ground and use up all energy. But he cannot hit and run as well as she can. She has a grenade that can deal up to 300 damage in a fight.

It’s a balance between toonskill and mobility as it is a balance between player style/toon choice.

Ill take on the 850 HP with dual Kate Kate/Madame and feel in the better position tbh. I can outrun and wear down the beefs

(Domm) #16

Game on for Domm-Catnadain , two to be exact!
Center and Bridge is on. Heavy toons are in clash. C+Ivan+Gus vs C+Juan+Gus …
I’ll get back with an update when the bullets are flying …

(tinker) #17

wow Domm, your hired as commentator for future tourneys :smiley:

good luck to both of you :smiley:

p.s.: it could take long with catnadain, we still have our first tourney game running - in round 32 xD hes a little ahead but yet nothing is won :wink:

(VaderWRX) #18

I thought this first stage was going to go quickly. Looks like Tinker, Sandpuppy, Armedmanus and I could of had our own mini tournament.

(Sandman77) #19

Tinker: You get me wrong, im not nagging about or expecting anyone to have or use two 300 HP heroes all the time.

I am and this is why I am writing again about this only referring to the fairness and point of a contest. Yes ist still fun to play with “lesser” heroes, its a game and it should be fun!!! I myself would never claim a victory based on uneven terms. So I hope for the future more rules are set so that the games are: A) Fair to all B) Fast to be completed C) Fun to all

I really stink at 14 Point games, I make to much mistakes or try odd stuff. Im better with 20/26 but to me I dont care if I loose as long its fun!

I am considering hosting a tournament too, will consider this option depending on how much a future RAD Soldiers have. :slight_smile:

N30K and I are on, both very slow in replying though. :slight_smile:

PS! I hate Kate/Juan combo as its so boring! I am however forced to try and use them in most games otherwise its harder to win and well loosing is fun but winning sometimes is good for the morale. :wink:

(Domm) #20

Domm-Catnadain - Update…

On the Bridge;
Ivan just got his beard trimmed to a nice little french mustache … all the plasters are now being thrown at him.
Not a good start, for me!

In the City;
Status Quo

The Park;
Madame x2 is up against Gus and Juan.
Madame is holding the rocket and the biggis are waddling out in the bushes… its soon time for madame to run…