DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Monday January 21st

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

We were hoping to get the latest update released today, however due to a couple of show-stopping issues (that we’ll need to fix and then test) we’re pushing back this update to Monday morning.

Below is (most of) the changelog for what’s coming in the new update. Also, just for this weekend, we’ve set up passworded servers running the Camden blockout level for people interested in testing again. Please jump on, give it a go and leave more feedback but please bear in mind it’s very work-in-progress.

Multiplay UK-08 Camden Blockout - Password: tapir
Multiplay USA-08 Camden Blockout - Password: tapir

Pending Update Changelist - ETA: 21/01/2013

[ul]
[li]Added placeholder command map for Waterloo Terminus
[/li][li]Death Ghosts have been enabled by default
[/li][li]Various improvements and bug fixes to Death Ghosts
[/li][li]Players now equip the most suitable weapon when revived
[/li][li]Placeholder outro sequence has been improved
[/li][li]Placeholder 3D characters now present in the Limbo menu
[/li][li]Players can sprint to cancel reload
[/li][li]Players can switch weapons when using energy based grenades
[/li][li]Added initial team colours, disabled custom skin selection
[/li][/ul]
Balance Changes:

[ul]
[li]Significant weapon balance tweaks across the board
[/li][li]Reduced time to perfect-accuracy when scoping with sniper rifles
[/li][li]Tweaked Air-control & jump height
[/li][li]Reduced incapacitated player health
[/li][li]Reduced Flash Bang grenade and Concussion grenade count to 1
[/li][li]Increased cooldown on Flash Bangs and Concussion grenades
[/li][li]Removed damage on Concussion grenade
[/li][/ul]

(tokamak) #2

Players now equip the most suitable weapon when revived

Using the revolutionary TRAMS feature!

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #3

Hey Smooth,
will we still be limited to engy 1? Interested in the balance changes. Engy is my fav class but the current engy makes me not want to play. I miss my rifle.

(Evil-Doer) #4

Really looking forward to checking this new patch out :slight_smile:

Thanks for Camden!

(amazinglarry) #5

Looking forward to testing on my day off Monday.

(Mustang) #6

Yay for Camden!

Sooo many changes to that map, too many to comment on individually so I’ll just say that they are all nice, [STRIKE]except for blocking the side entrance to the helicopter which is not nice.[/STRIKE] Nevermind, the train creates the side path <3

Looking forwards to playing some.

• I noticed it has ammo crates, very awesome.
  • Not enough head height under bridge at buffer

(Breo) #7

wewt Camden and an upcoming update, I’m looking forward to the new playtest :stroggtapir:

(.Chris.) #8

Love the sound of the last 3 changes.

(INF3RN0) #9

[QUOTE=Smooth;421120]
Balance Changes:

[ul]
[li]Significant weapon balance tweaks across the board[/li][li]Reduced time to perfect-accuracy when scoping with sniper rifles[/li][li]Tweaked Air-control & jump height[/li][li]Reduced incapacitated player health[/li][li]Reduced Flash Bang grenade and Concussion grenade count to 1[/li][li]Increased cooldown on Flash Bangs and Concussion grenades[/li][li]Removed damage on Concussion grenade[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Monday is a US holiday, so expect me on bright and early for testing! Looks like a healthy patch list!

(tokamak) #10

It doesn’t really seem to make a lot of sense to both limit the power as well as the availability of something. That makes it really difficult to determine which one is doing the trick. Testing either one of them separately would make more sense.

(Reacto) #11

Amazing changes, thanks!

(light_sh4v0r) #12

This sounds good :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #13

New Camden is amazing! Only the last objective could use some extra design work, otherwise the rest is a 110% improvement. Spawn times will need more testing, but so far I am very impressed with the work done :slight_smile:

(DarkangelUK) #14

I think I just have ‘new map glasses’ on but yeah I enjoyed Camden… just wish the 2nd switch would get an overhaul.

(SinDonor) #15

Nice changes! Hooray for sprint canceling reload. I look forward to it.

(Volcano) #16

I’ll have to test this next week or so, somethings have happened

(murka) #17

More bushes give quite decent cover and that’s good. Also without turrets it seems that 2nd switch is slightly easier to do tho still too difficult. The carry objective is too lemming. Either needs some interaction delay or heli shouldn’t be so close to corners where enemies can simply jump out and dash for it.

(Humate) #18

Awesome update, looking forward to testing it.

(Ashog) #19

Oh boy oh boy! Sprint reload and movement changes!! Weapons and jump height tweaks! This is gonna be great
I needed this.

(Mustang) #20

[QUOTE=Ashog;421416]Oh boy oh boy! Sprint reload and movement changes!! Weapons and jump height tweaks! This is gonna be great
I needed this.[/QUOTE]
Sprint cancels reload != Sprint reload

…you got me all excited then for nothing :smiley: