Randomly switching weapons/inventory

(Cup-) #1

This is a little hard to explain but I will try my best. Sometimes it will switch my weapons/inventory at random. Examples are:

I am in a fire fight I get behind cover and throw down some med packs, I switch back to my primary, peak to get back into the fight and it will switch back to my med packs or sometimes even defibs.

I just got finished fighting and I jump over to the incapped body, pull out my knife to finish the deed and it switches to my primary or sometimes even med packs/defibs.

In a firefight I run out of ammo with my primary - switch to secondary and it will switch back to my empty primary.

It makes it a little hard to explain because it is random. It will not always do it and I haven’t found a way to replicate it all of the time. It also will not always switch back to the ‘previous’ weapon, it sometimes will switch to defib/knife/something random. Something that wasn’t used previously in that time span.

Also it rarely happens (And hasn’t happened at all since the last patch but I will throw it in here anyway) but I sometimes will get stuck in one motion. Say I am walking backwards and to the left, it may get stuck in that position. So no matter what key presses I hit I am still going backwards and to the left. I have to either hit ESC and go into a menu or double tap the backwards key. This issue may be something on my end but this is the only game I have experienced this with.

Things to note:
I use keybindings to switch my weapons. I do not use the mousewheel.
The keyboard I use is a Thermal Take eSports Meka.
My keybindings are:
Arrows for movement
Right Shift for sprint
Numpad keys for weapons/inventory
numpad 1 for primary
numpad 2 for secondary
numpad 3 for knife
numpad 5 for med packs
numpad 6 for defibs
Right Mouse for jump
Thumb Mouse Button 2 also defibs

(rookie1) #2

Im having some issues similar…but cant be sure exactly whats happening …(as eng) I shot with a weapon then it switch to the pliers for no reason

(murka) #3

Have had similar cases as OP. Mostly happened with empty primary -> to pistol -> shoot = select primary. Today i had it with defibs. Pulled them out, saw enemy, took primary, shot and defibs came up. Was probably 0.5 sec between selecting defibs and back to primary or maybe even shorte

At first i thought it was the scroll wheel on my mouse where the clicks and spokes don’t line up so can sometimes scroll up/down without a tic, but seeing as it happens with primary/defib also so this is not the cause.

Will try and replicate it and possibly capture on video.

(ailmanki) #4

I tried to reproduce it, was on my laptop, so 23ms input lag, and 26fps, I guess that is related to it.

As engineer, select knifes by pressing 3. press 5 for pliers and quickly press mouse1 - tada knifes (It doesnt work always, but at least every 3 try. Pressing 5 and mouse1 almost at same time.).
I tried with medpacks and defibrilator, but it only switched back once (1of 60 different tries or so) from defibrilator to nade - having switched from nade to defi. Same story as with engi.

(Cup-) #5

This has been happening a lot recently. Over half the battles I get into it happens. Biggest example is when I run out of rounds with my primary and instead of reloading I switch to my secondary, it switches back to my primary. Pretty much every time.

(Crispy) #6

Can you all post your average FPS when these issues occur please.

(Cup-) #7

My FPS is pretty much always 120 and above. My ping on US is around 100, and on EU is around 160.

(Toomic) #8

Hey Cup-,

For a temporary workaround rebind your shift key to something else, holding shift and pressing a num key causes the num key to use its second function.

Thanks for raising this :slight_smile:

(murka) #9

Hmm, i also have bound num1-num5 to some actions like melee and grenade and those are mapped to extra mouse keys via setpoint. Will try and rework my binds and see if that fixes it.

Oh and my FPS is 145±25(1 sigma) on London Bridge full server.

(Violator) #10

I had bound mwheelup + down for weapon change and after sniper rife shot it would switch to the MP (wasn’t using the mwheel at all). Unbound the wheel and problem went away. FPS between 30 and 50, ping approx 24 (double what it normally is). Don’t use numpad for anything.

(en2ie) #11

I have found that I randomly swap back from my defibs/medpacks/pliers instantly (like canceling the weapon swap).

I can now reproduce this by selecting defibs or pilers and double clicking mouse1 really quickly. It will then change back to my primary weapon. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? It tends to happen at the worst possible time (like in a panic when i try to defib and spam the mouse button).

(Rex) #12

Had some random switchings in a fight today from primary to secondary, then back to primary and so on. I don’t use numpad keys.

(xarQi) #13

i have the same sometimes randomly