DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 15027

(Smooth) #1

Hi all!

We’ve just released an update that, amongst other things (change-list below) limits the content available in the Closed Alpha to the following:

Levels

[ul]
[li]London Bridge[/li][li]Waterloo Terminus[/ul][/li]Characters

[ul]
[li]Assault 01[/li][li]Engineer 01[/li][li]Medic 01[/li][li]Fire Support 01[/li][li]Recon 01[/ul][/li]
In doing this we hope to focus the testing and statistics gathering on these specific features. We plan to introduce a new map or character every week for the duration of Closed Alpha, hopefully keeping things fresh for you guys while maintaining a more structured testing, feedback and balance schedule.

We’ll also begin gradually adding more players to the Closed Alpha as things progress to increase activity on the servers, generate more feedback and give us extra tasty data via Fireteam for us to analyse.

Change List

[ul]
[li]New layout changes in Waterloo Terminus[/li][li]Command map art updated on LondonBridge[/li][li]New objective indicators on the HUD[/li][li]New friendly and enemy indicators (IFFs) on the HUD[/li][li]Added UI element showing that you picked up the carryable objective[/li][li]“Player is constructing” messages have been removed. Game wide alerts are only made once objectives are completed or C4 planted[/li][li]Added placeholder “Your team won/lost” message and functionality[/li][li]Added initial air control, allowing players to slightly control movement while jumping[/li][li]Various Audio improvements[/li][li]Various Animation improvements[/li][li]C4 can no longer be pre-selected - the F key must be used to plant[/li][li]Reload completions have been made more forgiving[/li][li]Grenade throw distance has been tweaked[/li][li]Backstab now has more appropriate hit detection (previously slash and backstab had the same traces)[/li][li]APC MG does not force rotate whilst going around corners[/li][li]Fixed binding issues with Thumb Mouse Buttons 1 & 2[/li][li]Added support for swapped Mouse Buttons 1 & 2[/li][li]Cheats have been disabled[/li][li]Players can now only select the classes shown in the limbo menu[/li][li]Minimum FOV locked to 70 degrees[/ul][/li]
Please refer to this thread for known issues.

(stealth6) #2

I hope next week is Engi02 :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #3

Noo my MP5!

(murka) #4

Why do i have the feeling there will be a decline in engi playing.

(iwound) #5

because the alternative is far worse… lots and lots of mines.

(rookie1) #6

Wow! a map a week …you are on steroid ! Nice!:stroggbanana:

(stealth6) #7

Map or character. Plus removing Camden & Whitechapel + 6 characters we know of so… :smiley: That’s the first 2 months.

(.Chris.) #8

I hope Rex unbans Assault class now.

(Violator) #9

Yes as its the only class I have a remote chance of killing anyone with :slight_smile:

(amazinglarry) #10

I’m more effective with Eng 1 so I have no complaints :smiley:

If you were to tell me at the beginning of Alpha that’d I’d be running around using a shotgun most of the time, I would have struck you in the face. Weird how things change.

(rookie1) #11

yeah i know …I posted to fast… sorry (or character)
@SD Btw whats the target final count maps? and do you have a scenario for each of them already ? …just curious …wont suggest any if yes :wink:

(tokamak) #12

“Ideas are cheap” I think the number of sketched map ideas they have made greatly outnumbers the amount of potential maps this game will see over its lifetime.

(Paul) #13

Just played, these things I would like to share:

• User feedback looks greatly increased (the icons, like guard or construct blabla)
  • Initial air control seems to be nice
  • Class icons in limbo/scoreboard look blurred (Same counts for the little v at friends head)
  • I think my team’s mate name can be a bit larger but I like the change already
  • Thanks a lot for the hitmarker fix on ADS :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #14

Great job guys, lots of fun changes, real feedback after some playtime.

(Reacto) #15

Assault 2 :frowning:

(iwound) #16

like it , love it. getting a smoother game steady fps. finally able to fine tune my aiming.
im beginning to hate yellow. soo many medics not coming my way.

(DarkangelUK) #17

[QUOTE=Smooth;419735]
[li]C4 can no longer be pre-selected - the F key must be used to plant[/li][/QUOTE]

Any specific reason for this?

(Apples) #18

Hello, back from long holydays so its nice to see these changes, I can come back in a good way, feedback asap

(DarkangelUK) #19

Ok some feedback.

As I quoted above, why F only for C4? It’s buggy, i’m getting quite annoyed at it flashing up to let me plant then disappearing again or not even showing in the 1st place… or getting half way though then it stopping.

Waterloo, when the terminal is blown and the doors open, I noticed there’s a hefty delay now before you can plant C4… is this intentional to give the def time to regroup?

Has the Engi shotgun been nerfed? Seems to take an age to take someone down now and firing at anything other than close range feels pointless.

Enemy health, why show this? It’s not necessary, we haven’t needed it so far… I’d rather decide if its worth the risk getting into an encounter than let the game tell me… please remove this.

The downed friendly and enemy colours are quite similar to the colour blind i.e. me. A couple of times I’ve ran towards a downed enemy to try and revive them… darn these broken eyes!

I LOVE the removal of global announcements! Defence on Waterloo learned very quickly not to rely on their extra man. While they were busy spawn camping, we managed to slop through, hack the terminal and blow the objectives before they knew wtf was happening. I’m guessing all involved will be less sloppy next time.

(mortis) #20

[QUOTE=amazinglarry;419757]I’m more effective with Eng 1 so I have no complaints :smiley:

If you were to tell me at the beginning of Alpha that’d I’d be running around using a shotgun most of the time, I would have struck you in the face. Weird how things change.[/QUOTE]

I am still more partial to engy 2, tbh…