How many people are playing it nowadays?

(AlexandruXLX) #1

I played this game back in '08 for a couple of months and I thought it was awesome. But then I moved on to other games.
Yesterday I played the demo (there were 10 people playing) and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of how awesome and underrated this game is.
Unfortunately I don’t have my copy of the game and don’t remember my account details, so I am considering buying the game again ( it’s dirt cheap).
What I want to know though, is how many people are playing the full game? Can I still find matches in the evenings?

(j4b) #2

there are allways some full servers in the evening

(AlexandruXLX) #3

Ok cool. One more question, WIll the game work cracked as long as I have the original CD key? Because I don’t have an optic drive and as far as I remember the game requires the disk inside at all times.

(Runeforce) #4

You remembered wrong. The game does not perform a cd check, so no cracks are needed! You need your license key to make accounts.

(AlexandruXLX) #5

Really? I could swear that the game does a CD check. It’s awesome if it doesnt though…altho I assume I can’t download it from an Steam/Origin like service. All my games nowadays are bought digitally so I don’t have a drive inside for years.

(murka) #6

I would play more but the current servers suck quite badly. It’s noticeable when you join a full server and suck quite a lot, but at some point when people leave, hits start to happen. I can understand the netcode sucks, but having a server from an overloaded server rental isn’t going to help.

(x3mytiz) #7

Hi Alex!
Welcome back to QW!
If you can deal with Punkbuster problems, Win 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials, one or two cheaters which can show up from time to time, old QW can be a nice game. Even some people are complaining about lag, I have no problem on european servers.
I hope I will meet you soon on the battlefield.
Feel free to add me in your friendlist, my nickname is [TfL]Nimeni.
Si da, si eu sunt tot din Romania!

(.N.E.R.D.) #8

12 People !!!

(Dthy) #9

Always 2 EU which are populated, one without an admin but aimbots and one which can lag like hell. Have fun!

(cloudhalo) #10

ive got a question, ok my enemies color on the map is green, now sometimes or most of the time, there is this red colored circle on the map, its really big but it doesnt cover the whole map. now when my enemies who are those green triangles go through the circle they change color, i dont know if its a mix between red and green but it makes my enemies somewhat difficult to distinguish, but i know its them. Now when my enemies leave the area of the red circle they go back to their normal color of green. does anyone know how to get this red circle off my map? or if thats not possible how to stop my enemies from changing colors from green to red or something like that due to them going in and out of the red circle? i dont think ive had this issue before, and since i have the etqw on 2 different computers, 1 of the computers was doing what i stated above about the enemies, but since the graphic card is crap i thought that was the issue, and the 2nd computer had a better vid card and was not having this issue(or if it was I did not notice it) until i copyied the id software folder from Documents from the 1st Pc and put it in the 2nd pc. now they both have the same map issue. the reason i have the game on 2 computers is i test stuff on the computer with the crappy vid card before i permanently change it on the computer with the better vid card.

(Kl3ppy) #11

Its probably an error in your cfg. Since didnt change any colors I dont know/have the cvars to change it. Maybe try some different settings there and see what happens.

(Rex) #12

Cloudhalo, you have gone randomly off-topic now. Though I suggest if you got any questions, just open a new thread and call it for example “cloudhalos questions thread” :wink:

(Kl3ppy) #13

Can you really go off topic in this forum? Its just a matter of time till every thread is offtopic :wink:

(Dthy) #14

Bananas. Also trains.

(Rex) #15

ok, OK, OK! But cloudhalo should really open a thread for all the questions he got.

[QUOTE=Dthwsh;420808]Bananas. Also trains.

I like trains.[/QUOTE]

(cloudhalo) #16

since we r respondin to my issue ill just continue it till it dies, ok kleppy it did not work, wat u told me to do in the pm, so i took a few vids but i dont have a converter for the .ndm files SO here r the links to where i uploaded them, remember u need to convert them, and the reason i did not is because i googled ndm converter an got nothing its 2 vids/files
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddby9p2168956uj
http://www.mediafire.com/?9g9uygnbi8c8ki1

if u convert then watch the videos pay attention to the map where the GREEN arrows change color or flash red then return back to normal weirdest crap eva

here is my cfg its a mix of dthwsh and samurai since i have no mind of my own when it comes to these things. the binds i keep personal.
r_visDistMult 1.2
g_decals 0

pm_crouchbob 0
pm_bobroll 0
pm_bobpitch 0
pm_bobup 0
pm_runroll 0
pm_runpitch 0
pm_runbob 0
pm_walkbob 0
pm_skipbob 1

r_MD5LodScale 8
r_useThreadedRenderer 2
g_fov 95

image_specularPicMip “-2”
image_diffusePicMip “-2”
image_bumpPicMip “-2”
image_picMip “-2”
image_picMipEnable “1”
image_detailPower “0”
image_ignoreHighQuality “0”
image_useBackgroundLoads “1”
image_useNormalCompression “2”
image_useAllFormats “1”
image_useCompression “1”
image_roundDown “1”
image_lodbias “1”
image_anisotropy “0”
image_filter “GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST”
image_usePrecompressedTextures “2”
image_detailPower “0”

g_tooltipTimeScale 0

gui_objectiveListAlpha 0
gui_fireTeamAlpha .6

g_showFireTeamLocation “0”
g_waypointDistanceMax “3084”
g_waypointDistanceMin “512”
g_playerIconSize “15”
g_playerArrowIconSize “8”

com_gpuSpec “0”
com_machineSpec “0”

g_waypointAlphaScale “0.5”
g_skipAtmosphericEffects “1”
g_showPlayerShadow “0”

r_skipMegaTextureSurfaces “1”
r_shadowPolygonOffset “-5”
r_megaDrawMethod “3”
r_stuffFadeStart “1500”
r_detailTexture “0”
r_megaTilesPerSecond “1”
r_useAlphaToCoverage “1”
r_shadowPolygonOffset “-5”
r_shadowPolygonFactor “0.3”
r_stuffCacheMegs “6”

g_showVehicleCockpits “0”
g_waypointSizeMax “8”
g_waypointSizeMin “8”
g_showWayPoints “0”
g_transportDebrisExtraHighCutoff “0”
g_transportDebrisHighCutoff “0”
g_transportDebrisMediumCutoff “0”
g_maxTransportDebrisExtraHigh “0”
g_maxTransportDebrisHigh “0”
g_maxTransportDebrisMedium “0”
g_maxShowDistance “512”
g_skipPostProcess “1”

net_clientprediction “4”
net_clientMaxRate “25000”

i dont use seta, also the autoexec is likely the issue cause i dont know what most of these do except increase my framerate while having smooth textures, plus 1 other thing, i only had this issue when i was messing around with my autoexec, so if this does not work ill just create a smurf account with new files that are untouched and see what happens. which is alot of work cause i gotta think up of a kool name

(Kl3ppy) #17

To add some info: I told him to delete the etqwconfig.cfg and etqwbind.cfg and start the game and then load the cfgs.
Is that above your hole cfg? I dont see any colorchanges (enemy/friend color) in it.

(cloudhalo) #18

yes i did wat u said in the pm but it did not work meaning ur suggestion at the autoexec, being the problem is more likely, and yes its my whole cfg, i put the enemy/frendlycolor in the consel directly using seta, my enemy is g_enemyColor .5 .83 0 1
friendly color is i forget, but its kind of the color black.
and not only is my enemies arrows flashing red but my friendlies arrows are changing colors slightly. Did anyone convert then watch the videos?

(Apples) #19

As a matter of fact I DO love trains!

(Dthy) #20

Good. The general consensus is Trains far outlive Bananas by a ratio of 32:5.