Problem with porting Radar dynamic lights for Thunder

(Mateos) #1

Good morning,

I tried yesterday to port the Radar flashes and sound system to an other map, map-side and script-side, a simple copy/paste. Compile fine, checked the links target/targetname in GtkRadiant and in ETScript4, all seems fine.

When I start it up, it says that the randomly chosen lightningxx doesn’t have a targetname.

I compiled the radar_final source and copy/pasted the radar.script to radar_final.script: it works.

I tried to recreate manually the 5 dlights, just spawning and adding the correct targetname to each, plus checking the 2 necessary boxes (startoff & onetime), plus I kept the misc_vis_dummy to check these links. Still not loading. Note: I did not forget to copy/paste the little info_notnull!

I’ve avoided to resurrect threads from 2003 and 2009 about this, the guys did not have this issue but wondering just how it was working… I really can’t see what’s wrong, I checked if there were something in the worldspawn, nothing.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Mateos

(Diego) #2

I ported the lighting over for my night version of Praetoria 1. I don’t remember having any problems with it. Did the entities get renamed when you imported it into your map?

(Mateos) #3

No, since the links target/targetname are kept between the dlight’s and misc_vis_dummy’s, plus ETScript correctly finds the scriptname and the various targetname’s :confused:

Edit:
Just a shot editor-side, to show nothing seems wrong:

(Mateos) #4

In advance, lol.

I removed the info_notnull, saved, canceled the deletion, saved, compiled, works as expected. Flashes each 25 seconds (Not implemented speakers yet)

lol.

(.Chris.) #5

Do you know why you use the misc_vis_dummies? You may not need them depending on how you built your map or you may need extra ones.

(Mateos) #6

My map is also divided in 3 parts VIS-blocking-wise, so I needed the same configuration as Radar to have the lightning everywhere :slight_smile: