Sniper Scope bug

(Apoc) #1

Both snipers have this bug. Essentially there is a period where when you scope the accuracy of the shot is the same as if you were unscoped. It is only for about half a second, but it is there, and is incredibly annoying/frustrating.

Basically I play by scoping, then as soon as the scope is on my screen i think im scoped, so i shoot, but the shot wont be accurate unless you scope…wait half a second…then shoot. Very frustrating, and nonsensicle.

Would make snipers much more viable if fixed.

(Apoc) #2

Bump until noticed

(Nail) #3

they already took away sway and breathe control, seems like you want it to take the shot for you aimbot style, I’d say sure, but no crosshair unscoped

(Raviolay) #4

I would take a lower ROF and be able to quckscope, part of me thinks this is not a bug.

(Apoc) #5

What part of what i wrote implies that in the slightest? Im just asking for a bug fix…not sure what you were reading…

(Nail) #6

I’m trying to understand, what I get is you want to put crosshair on target, quickscope/shoot… If so, then no I don’t agree, if sniper has no delay, it shouldn’t have a crosshair unscoped, you’re not using the scope to aim, just as a damage doubler. Try holding a tube at waist height, bring it to your eye and find something, that’s the delay
if I’m not understanding, maybe you could explain

(Verticae) #7

[QUOTE=Nail;440185]I’m trying to understand, what I get is you want to put crosshair on target, quickscope/shoot… If so, then no I don’t agree, if sniper has no delay, it shouldn’t have a crosshair unscoped, you’re not using the scope to aim, just as a damage doubler. Try holding a tube at waist height, bring it to your eye and find something, that’s the delay
if I’m not understanding, maybe you could explain[/QUOTE]

The problem is that when you scope up, and are fully scoped, there’s a brief pause before the weapon has the ‘scoped’ spread.

(montheponies) #8

which i guess is to counter the quickscope that nail describes?

feature rather than bug mebbe.

(Verticae) #9

If it’s a feature, the scope shouldn’t be fully visible until the ‘scoped’ spread kicks in. Right now, effectively, the visual feedback is different from the actual mechanics.

(Mustang) #10

Yes the delay is deliberate to prevent quick scoping.

So the bug here is that the animation of raising the sight to the eye needs to be fixed to match the time it takes for the spread to drop from hip to ADS (pretty much what Verticae just said).

(Nail) #11

I’m fine with no delay if sniper rifle has no crosshair unless scoped

(Verticae) #12

(Raviolay) #13

NOOOOO “training tools” my monitor has them, plants a crosshair in the center of the screen, I don’t use it it looks horrid others would.

(Verticae) #14

Punkbuster screenshots catch those though.

ETQW tankers will be able to tell you all about it.

(MrEd) #15

Sorry no-one responded earlier. We’re doing a pass on scoping right now so this should be addressed within the next few updates.

(murka) #16

[QUOTE=Verticae;440231]Punkbuster screenshots catch those though.
ETQW tankers will be able to tell you all about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just use a pen and mark a dot in the middle like i did.

(iwound) #17

while testing canary wharf tonight i scoped and it swayed. even though this was removed.
so i went to try again and see if hold breath was there but the sway wasn’t there this time.
so it only happened that time.