DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 14755b

(Smooth) #1

Within the next hour we’ll be releasing a small update with the following changes :slight_smile:

Update: This is now live.

[ul]
[li]Disabling DoF no longer disables gameplay post-effects (I.E. Flashbangs)[/li][li]Other players footsteps are audible again[/li][li]Whitechapel lighting recompiled[/li][li]Continued Whitechapel art pass[/li][li]Updated audio for Waterloo Terminus objectives[/li][li]Movement acceleration increased for all characters[/li][li]Slightly reduced fire-rate of Engineer 02 Assault Rifle[/li][/ul]

(warbie) #2

Nice :slight_smile: Looking forward to trying the movement.

(Jehar) #3

Before this patch, the DOF seemed to toggle not only DOF, but also a color-correction postprocess layer, and bloom (regardless of the bloom boolean). While I love the direction in separating out these options, currently there seems to be no way to disable the color correction and bloom, which ends up being a significant framerate hit. Assuming that the same process isn’t being used for the flashbang effects, is there a console boolean for disabling the color correction? On an i7/GTS450 (middle-grade, I know), this makes a difference between 30 and 70 fps in the whitechapel attacker spawn.

(iwound) #4

on low setting makes no difference now, settings stay high looks like when i had dof on in previous versions only 16fps from 30 and everyones head is wiggling. messed with nvidia settings last night seemed ok will check them again.
*checked no difference, can hardly move now. for some reason to me dof seems very rough i prefer the look without.
getting 10-20 fps with other players in game. all resolutions the same speed.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3584MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1999 MB
Resolution: any (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Date: 12/3/2012 15:39:40
Sound: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

(Evil-Doer) #5

Looking forward to checking this out. I’m really hoping that DOF isn’t gonna hit my system to hard an that it just changed the effect of flash bangs properly.

(Scrupus) #6

Just had a strange problem when trying to download this - probably not related to the build itself but rather the launcher. But when I clicked on the launcher, nothing seem to happen. After a couple of more tries to start it, I checked task manager and saw that GameLauncher.exe was already running there, but no foreground window. Was first wondering if it was downloading in the background or something but couldn’t see network traffic either. Killed the process from task manager, and when I clicked on the launcher icon again, it started as normal and started to download the new build. (117 MB big)

I upgraded the launcher yesterday but didn’t restart the machine, only the launcher - maybe that had something to do with it? It’s not supposed to run as a service or do autoupdates yet is it?

Anyway seems to work fine now, just wanted to mention it in case it happens for others too.

(Evil-Doer) #7

Was there not a way to make the flash bangs still work but take away the drastic change in graphics an performance? Now the option with DOF does absolutely nothing.

(kilL_888) #8

dof behaves weired with unreal engine games. i noticed this in tribes, blacklight, chivalry and now dirty bomb.

for my pc, it’s the biggest impact on framerate and i also prefer the looks without it.

you may also want to try out fxaa injectors. should basicly work with any directx9 game without a major hit in performance. i use this in tribes and it makes the game look better (imho) while running at the same framerate. you can also enable fxaa antialiasing if your driver does not support it yet.

edit: after the newest patch i can also confirm that the dof option does not change the color correction but does indeed disable dof. i didn’t notice a hit in performance.

(Smooth) #9

We’ll be working to expose more performance options as we continue to update the game.

We decided that looking at the effectiveness/balance of flashbangs was more important than client performance at this stage of closed testing, which is why we made this change now.

(H0RSE) #10
  • the sprint speed feels good in this update, but still not enough difference from normal speed.
  • the footsteps were nice, but seemed hard to pinpoint.
  • rof felt nice on engy 2 rifle

I really would like to see the ability to interrupt reloads by firing your weapon. Being able to fire between loads is a feature I really enjoy, along with reloading while sprinting.

(UJERebel) #11

Finally i get theuse of the flashbang, i tought it just was too weak and didn’t do anything.
And i’m noticing a 10-20 fps drop on this version (London bridge)…