TV servers

(light_sh4v0r) #1

Simple question really: Will there be tv/spectator servers so you can watch ingame, or will we have to rely on streams from shoutcasters?

I personally much prefer TV-servers, being able to fly around yourself is fun!

(Seanza) #2

If there are TV servers, make sure there are advertising features available for tournament organisers please <3

(DeTh) #3

I know some people have expressed that some servers are not able to handle tv clients like the source engine ones do but if it would be possible it would be great in advancing e-sports.

(INF3RN0) #4

Yes, gibe us tv nao!

(nailzor) #5

I believe that a spectator TV is a great addition as well. With the emergence of justin/twitch TV the capabilities to cast a game have definitely expanded. But there is always a benefit to players wanted to be tied directly into the match feed. This is a preference piece that would be good to cater to all audiences - some people prefer TV mods, some prefer audio casts, some prefer twitchTV - etc.

There are many games that come to mind that were more popular because of TV server functionality, notably CS and Quake.

I vote yes :slight_smile:

(Anti) #6

It’s something we keep discussing but I have to admit it’s not at the top of our priority list. They require a lot of work to do and I think we’d much rather put our efforts, at least early on, into really good spectator features to help with streaming.

(j4b) #7

spectator + demos > tv servers :wink:

(nailzor) #8

I’m glad to see you speak of spectator features, as games from multiple genres have some pretty slick spectator functions. Be cool to see what you all come up with. I’m hoping for tallies of damage totals for enemy and friendly fire, gibs, headshots, accuracy, damage as the round progesses, times of objective completion from previous round - you name it! :slight_smile:

The game has a lot of different aspects that can have score cards for. Along with that, over head view, comprehensive 1st person and 3rd person view.

Looking forward to seeing what is created.