I feel bad I never bought this game...

(San_Pedro) #1

Sorry for random post, but I just have to get this off my chest.

I was super hyped to play Brink, and even pay for it just based on how much enjoyment I got from ET and ETQW (still playing).

However, I had a kid, and was/am working six days a week, and never had time to devout to playing games (after another kids I only have lunch breaks to play even now). It really seems like a game I would like, but I’ve missed the opportunity to play good games on servers with no bots I think, and now SD’s next game is on the way I feel that there is even less reason to buy it.

Who knows, if there is a 75% off Christmas sale on it I just might pick it up and get a few hours out of it.

(tangoliber) #2

Yea, it is kind of sad when the community for a game has died. I really enjoyed playing Brink while it was active. It’s still fun to observe the bots though…I really wish there was a way to modify the bots loadout and behaviour, Unreal Tournament style, just to mess around.

(San_Pedro) #3

So, are there servers out there without bots where people actually play? Ideally located in the Western US, Australia, or (highly unlikely) Japan?

(TruGamer97) #4

[QUOTE=San_Pedro;417074]So, are there servers out there without bots where people actually play? Ideally located in the Western US, Australia, or (highly unlikely) Japan?[/QUOTE] I want to say yes but its highly unlikely. Perhaps there are a couple fairly active servers in the Western US.

(TwwIX) #5

You feel bad for not purchasing a broken and poorly executed shooter that died within 2 months? Guess what? The game was mainly populated by bots even then. Be glad that you didn’t. I was one of the many idiots that pre-ordered and i continue to regret it to this day.

It’s the main reason why avoid pre-ordering games altogether nowadays.

(DarkangelUK) #6

TwwIX, think about it, you’re turning into ‘that guy’, the one that stampedes a forum and craps all over every thread he can because he didn’t like a game and has taken it really, really personally. Sit back, take a look at yourself, realise you’re being a bit of a dick then decide how you want to proceed… because being known as ‘the forum dickhead’ isn’t really a good goal to aim for.

(TwwIX) #7

Yeah, i take it personal because i wasted $60 on a broken and unfinished product that went nowhere and received next to no support.

At least i don’t resort to petty and childish insults like people such as yourself. You’re welcome to use the ignore function if you have a problem with my opinion. How i conduct myself on this forum is none of your concern. So keep your advice and lectures to yourself.

(DarkangelUK) #8

[QUOTE=TwwIX;423381]Yeah, i take it personal because i wasted $60 on a broken and unfinished product that went nowhere and received next to no support.

At least i don’t resort to petty and childish insults like people such as yourself. You’re welcome to use the ignore function if you have a problem with my opinion. How i conduct myself on this forum is none of your concern. So keep your advice and lectures to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Was a bit of advice dude. If that’s all you want to do, be the bitter person that posts nothing but bitter rants all his bitter days then carry on… it’s a bit sad really. You’ll fade away soon… they all do.

(TwwIX) #9

Ha ha ha! I take it, you are the resident arm chair shrink on this forum?

Speaking of sad. I am not the one analyzing strangers on a forum and flinging ad hominem attacks at them.

(DarkangelUK) #10

[QUOTE=TwwIX;423438]Ha ha ha! I take it, you are the resident arm chair shrink on this forum?

Speaking of sad. I am not the one analyzing strangers on a forum and flinging ad hominem attacks at them.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you’re the bitter one posting repetitive replies in every thread you can. I’m glad that you can tell which one you are and which one I am, I feel we’re making progress here. Now tell me about your mother.

(TwwIX) #11

Go flame bait somebody of your level of intelligence. Meanwhile, why don’t you enjoy your stay on my lovely ignore list? You should feel right at home there. :slight_smile:

Cheerio!

(DarkangelUK) #12

[QUOTE=TwwIX;423460]Go flame bait somebody of your level of intelligence. Meanwhile, why don’t you enjoy your stay on my lovely ignore list? You should feel right at home there. :slight_smile:

Cheerio![/QUOTE]

But I like conversing with lower level people :frowning:

Bye!

(.N.E.R.D.) #13

Very Entertaining

(Nail) #14

but you’re a bot, very low level

(Sandman77) #15

I still play, always some servers with real people…

(njezic) #16

Hi, Brink on PC play more people than you think. There are plenty of good skilled players organized into several groups on Steam, the strongest group are:
=> Brink - Croatia (BRINK - EXTREME gaming)
=> Brink Active Gamer Universal (B.A.G.U.)

Also, I have made and maintains a list of good and active players:
=> Pro players List

Active and skilled players have daily great battles especially on Brink servers B.A.G.U. or Endless Katharsis.

Great stuff !!!
7 days chart - Brink statistics =>> http://steamcharts.com/app/22350#7d

We can see that every day peak is between 19 and 21h (from Europe). So everyone who wants to play with some skilled players come in that interval on Brink servers, then it will be certainly superb action… :smiley:

Several good video material recorded in last fighting with best Brink players inside:

We expect to SD continue support the game as it is becoming more and more good players who play every day. Greeting!

(09RRibeiro) #17

i was wandering if anybody know if they were making a brink 2

(Kl3ppy) #18

No, why should some one spend time and money on Brink2? Brink was a fail, the name/brand is now pretty unuseable.

(TruGamer97) #19

[QUOTE=Shifty.;448089]No, why should some one spend time and money on Brink2? Brink was a fail, the name/brand is now pretty unuseable.[/QUOTE] Considering they now know what went wrong I think a Brink 2 is extremely doable. Sure for many Brink was a flop but many of the issues can be easily resolved in a Brink 2 if more time is spent into shaping it properly. If it would make things easier maybe make it a PC exclusive. Splash Damage has already made a couple of great PC games, I don’t see why it it cant be done with Brink.

(VonGlug) #20

I know about both of those; six-day work weeks and a kiddo can put a pretty big dent in one’s gaming time. :wink:

I haven’t played Brink since June 2011, so can’t say how alive it is now. I do recall it was starting to falter even then though. :infiltrator: