the paid packs

(light_sh4v0r) #1

So there we go, the founders club has been established. Let’s see what value is there for $320,-.
I left VIP access out as we all have that anyway :).

Unique Recognition
•Your Name in the Game’s Credits as VIP Founder

Time Limited Gear
•Limited Edition Poster signed by the Development Team
•Limited Edition ‘Dirty Bomb Founder’ Hoodie
•Dirty Bomb Founder’s Beanie
•Dirty Bomb VIP Founder’s T-Shirt

In-Game Limited Edition Content
•Unique VIP Founder Gun Tag
•All Five Founder’s Mercenaries

Exclusive Media
•Digital Biography: Splash Damage: The First Decade
•Digital Ambient Soundtrack EP
•Digital Art Book
•Limited Edition Game Design Document signed by the Development Team

I love the apparel, but $320 for a hoodie, a shirt and a beanie is a bit overkill imo :tongue:. Anyone knows what the ‘mercenaries’ are about? player models?

(tokamak) #2

Wait what? Link?

(Runeforce) #3

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;414345]
Anyone knows what the ‘mercenaries’ are about? player models?[/QUOTE]

You can click on it to see a preview of them.

(DarkangelUK) #4

https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/

(light_sh4v0r) #5

Found that, still not sure what they are. Loadouts maybe?

(Runeforce) #6

They look different textured than the regular models, so I asume that it’s skins. Y’know, something that makes your character stand out from the rest.

(Laurens) #7

They’re new models and textures for the first batch of characters.

(tokamak) #8

Awesome. Can we please chose a size for the shirt?

(mitsuhiko) #9

Once the physical items are ready to be shipped you will get a mail for the sizes and shipping address.

(badman) #10

You’ll be able to pick sizes for all the apparel before stuff is shipped to you.

Edit: shakes fist at mitsuhiko

(dommafia) #11

So I’m assuming anyone getting the 240 or 320 pack is going to get everything for free for the first year of the game at least, right?

or at least “one of each” pack of items? Like if there’s a release of 5 new player models, as a founder you get one of those for free.

(amazinglarry) #12

Where are people seeing a $320 dollar pack?

I see THREE SEPARATE TIERS…

One for 30… one for 60 and one for 120 (combined btw, is $210)

But you’re not combining. You’re doing one of each. Either you’re doing the 30/60 or 120…

EDIT: I can’t scroll down properly, apparently… forget what I said. I was wondering why everybody seemed to fail at math and the obvious. Turns out, I was the one failing.

(zenstar) #13

The weapon tags look like an interesting detail… how visible are they in game?

They should make kill icons golden or something (colour dependant on tag?) when you kill someone with a tagged weapon. Or add the tag icon after the kill icon.

[QUOTE=amazinglarry;414377]Where are people seeing a $320 dollar pack?

I see THREE SEPARATE TIERS…

One for 30… one for 60 and one for 120 (combined btw, is $210)

But you’re not combining. You’re doing one of each. Either you’re doing the 30/60 or 120…[/QUOTE]

Keep scrolling down

(tokamak) #14

None of the packs seem to include any in-game currency so I assume everything in these packs is merely cosmetic.

Scroll down. I missed it the first time as well, only saw it after I made a purchase. Which isn’t really optimal marketing I dare say.

(amazinglarry) #15

[QUOTE=zenstar;414378]The weapon tags look like an interesting detail… how visible are they in game?

They should make kill icons golden or something (colour dependant on tag?) when you kill someone with a tagged weapon. Or add the tag icon after the kill icon.

Keep scrolling down[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch…

Oooh ahh… I mean… “mother of god…”

(Hyperg) #16

@amazinglarry: Strongly and firmly, scroll that founder pack page, all the way down :slight_smile:

(amazinglarry) #17

Can I pay in installments? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: For future reference, I should RTFM for once… Thanks stealth6

(stealth6) #18

https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/faq

So… sort of? :stuck_out_tongue:

(amazinglarry) #19

sigh, thank you stealth6… I’m going to cut myself off now from further posts until I triple check everything… starting… meow.

(Vahl) #20

The Mercenaries are unique remodels of all the first batch of characters as laurens said, with an unique camo pattern only available to founders. They are looking quite different in terms of gear to the current ones while keeping the same shapes and volumes and feel as to not break gameplay/class/character identification. so yeah they are basically completely new versions of the first set of characters (note I am not talking about skins here, so they are not simple retexture, we are actually almost redoing them from scratch :))