DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 14704

(Smooth) #1

Within the next hour we’ll be releasing an update with the following changes :slight_smile:

Levels:

[ul]
[li]Continued art pass on Whitechapel
[/li][li]Updated some Whitechapel materials for DX11
[/li][li]Fixed some collision issues in London Bridge
[/li][li]Lighting & foliage pass on Waterloo TDM
[/li][li]Lighting pass on London Bridge TDM
[/li][/ul]

General

• [li]Updated VFX for muzzle flashes, airstrikes, proximity mines & artillery
    [/li][li]Fixed defibrillator VFX not playing
    [/li][li]Updated PDA 3rd person animations
    [/li][li]Fixed some volume issues with player foley
    [/li][li]Fixed turret deploy sound playing globally
    [/li][li]Reduced rate of fire and health on turrets
    [/li][li]Improved logic for turret deployment
    [/li][li]Fixed issue with incoming turret damage not displaying correctly on HUD
    [/li][li]Added turrets to the minimap
    [/li][li]Fixed some text input issues with the chat window
    [/li][li]More tweaks to IFF behaviours
    [/li][li]Tweaked the awarding of some of the class-based XP
    [/li][li]We now only allows admins to pause the game
    [/li][li]Players can no longer change name in-game.
    [/li]For now we display the WarChest account name at all times. This is required for us to be able to identify users playing in the Closed Alpha. We will be providing a method of changing names for games further down the line.

(Smooth) #2

This update is now live…

And so is our first gameplay trailer :smiley:

(light_sh4v0r) #3

Nice video again chaps, great work!

(Mustang) #4

Jumping on to test.

EDIT: Name bug is still present, I don’t mind so much being called Player but it makes it rather hard for everyone else.

(Evil-Doer) #5

Good morning! Great stuff…downloading now an ready to test this out! :slight_smile:

(iwound) #6

thought i noticed turrets on minimap yesterday.

(kamikazee) #7

Where is that thread mentioning a game crash after each map change with an “The application exited abnormally with code (3)” error?

(Mustang) #8

This feels so much nicer.

(Bananas) #9

FPS seems to have dropped this patch. I never got GREAT fps before, but it feels worse. Seems like I’ve gone from 30-50 in action to 10-30.

(Evil-Doer) #10

Yes, something seems different graphics wise. Possible, I know the rain is new, but allow to turn off if we don’t want it on?

(DarkangelUK) #11

I’ve dropped 10 fps on whitechapel. On the stage where attackers need to go to chapel and get the packages, when I spawn and look up the road I now get 30fps, I used to get 55… dropped to 45 on previous patch, now 30-35 on this one.

i7 860 2.8ghz
8gb DDR3
570 GTX Twin Frozr III OC

(INF3RN0) #12

Getting some weird stuttering, almost like warping. I can’t tell whether it’s net or fps related, as both appear stable for me. It may be instantaneous fps drops perhaps. I’m running the game at 1680x1050 i72600k 4.4Ghz and an HD6850 (tried both single/cf modes). Never had any issues until post patch.

(iwound) #13

Massive jump in visuals. much sharper and detailed all around.
i got a severe slow down when i first loaded then it settled.
just gets better and better.

wheres my mine counter though. deffo need one. oh there it is tinyeeeee.

(amazinglarry) #14

Just to echo a few points already, my frames are all over the road, too. In a full server anytime I got into action it’d dip into the 10-20 range. Up until now my frames have pretty much always been a steady 60.

i5-2500k @3.3, GeForce 570 GTX, 8 gigs system Memory.

Suppose I’ll check my driver updates and pop in again later.

(mitsuhiko) #15

I just noticed that the lighting was not generated on whitechapel which means you will most likely experience severe performance drops if you play at high details there.

(zenstar) #16

I thought I noticed something saying “NEED TO REBUILD LIGHTING” or somesuch… =P

(SinDonor) #17

I second this. Big red ALL CAPS with that message. I have everything set to high video settings.

(Apples) #18

Quick thoughts on the patch :

• Sounds are much much better, the reduced volume on footsteps bring a big thing to immersion
  • I still need more sounds/item on screen to feel like I’m connected to the game (Hitsounds mostly, a possibility to enable / disable player arrows, an icon for downed teammates, an icon when “I need medic / ammo / engeneer” is used, etc… These are small things but should help to connect the player to the game, discuss?
  • Not sure if it comes from my crappy connection, the fact I use DX11 or my gfx card being a bit lower than the proposed minimum recquirement, but I tend to warp much in the game, its a big lag when I sprint mostly, and one millisec later I’m thru another room or I’m stuck in a wall
  • I played some game when the teams werent stacked and it went actually pretty good, the pace of the game is nice, the jump could still use a bit more momentum to gain in freedom of movement and the kills are still a tad too fast to me (indeed these are personal opinions)
  • I’m starting to be familiar with the maps but still lack of knowledge on them, so I wont comment yet.

Peace

(INF3RN0) #19

Lag issues went away for me, must have been the server.

(Bananas) #20

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;415027]Lag issues went away for me, must have been the server.[/QUOTE]My fps seems to have went up some too. Maybe that was a server issue too? Not sure.