Reviving immunity

(warbie) #1

Any plans for adding this? At the moment reviving team mates tends to happen only when out of los or when mopping up after combat. Bring back the team push through bottlenecks!

(SinDonor) #2

I’d love a medic smoke grenade. Smoke the area, revive like mad.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #3

+1 Warbie.

(Hyperg) #4

Having playing mainly medic for the last days, I had lots of times where the team was pushing to the objective, I was supporting and engi and we were wiped as I tried to revive him, despite all my attempts at evading enemy fire (right now static mesh cover is pretty much useless because collision is a tad buggy around bags, boxes and such). Not only i could’ve used some ducking behind the guy being revived, but the switch from defib to gun delay takes away any reaction you might have to counter the lack of cover.

(DarkangelUK) #5

I’ve found this when reviving engi’s near the EV, I’m trying to make a hasty retreat around it only to get stuck on it.

(Evil-Doer) #6

Definitely agree with some sort of revive protection.

(Mustang) #7

Should probably save this for another thread but DarkangelUK raises an important point regarding “getting stuck” trying to pass the EV.

/ontopic
Revive and spawn immunity, yes please.

(Apples) #8
  • Revive and Spawn immunity
  • Quicker switch to medpad / weapon
  • Better indication on downed teammates

Would please the medics out there.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #9

As far as revive protection which do you prefer OR which do you think balances better?
A) Revive protection for a set amount of time. Can shoot and retain revive protection.
B) Revive protection for a set time OR until you fire.

For a pub game, I’d say A but the time should be short. For a competitive game I’d say B and the time could be a half second longer. Sort of a cop out, but whatever.

(Anti) #10

We do have a small amount of revive protection already, but it’s probably too short a duration

(tokamak) #11

It’s a weird and unrealistic mechanic but it really serves gameplay if the medic can hide behind bulletproof shields he just erected.