few suggestions post patch

(Valdez) #1

I think we should be allowed to sprint while strafing, also sprinting while moving backwards would be nice.

I prefer a forward flag to capture rather than just completing an initial objective then spawning at that point. If you have a forward flag this gives the defense a chance to retake that point, also encourages another tactical way to attempt to defend. You have the choice of sending a defender in hopes of retaking the flag, of course in doing this you would be defending down a man.

Are there any plans on altering spawn times? I know in past splash damage games they would sometimes have upwards of 45 secs before an axis or allied player could spawn. I think currently the game needs increased spawn times, the defenders side for sure as well as potentially moving where the defending team spawn locations are at (currently they are right on top of the objective).

I do not like the “small physical push” when being hit. It seems like if you get hit in the head you are pretty much guaranteed to lose the fight, due to not being able to move. I understand you just removed the slowing affect that was caused when being hit, to me a small physical push vs slowing is basically the same thing… you still can’t move.

for now I am going to continue playing to see if I find anything else that stands out.

(Evil-Doer) #2

+1 that thread

(tokamak) #3

[QUOTE=Valdez;413719]I think we should be allowed to sprint while strafing, also sprinting while moving backwards would be nice.
[/QUOTE]

Oh hell no.

(Evil-Doer) #4

Why do you say no to that? The fights are definitely to slow when it comes to getting down an dirty an dueling it out with someone or someones. There should definitely be more free rain in the footwork to enable skill an fun.

(warbie) #5

Agreed with most points, especially flag capture points, although at the moment, give how chaotic things feel and how quick deaths are, longer spawns may start to grate. Definitely something to look at later.

(Apples) #6

Combat should definitely last longer, even if I’m a noob at this point, I dont know how you can defeat mutliple players at once even with super skills, and it is a game killer to me, I’m not asking for Q3 200HP and 200 Armor but still in qw you could beat 3 or 4 opponents when you were more skilled than them, here I just feel like its the first who land a shot win the duel. Might need more gaming time to be sure of this point, but thats my feelings so far.

Capturable spawn = big yes, it bring so much more dynamic into a map it’s insane not to have them

In a more general way of thinking, as it is free to play, you will indeed attract many many players, why not making the skill ceiling very high then? because it is the guys who stay longer on the game and a solid community that will bring your game a healthy and long life. I understand that for a retail like Brink you wanted a more “easy” game to attract the masses (and the console players), but here it’s pc only and free to play, bring the level up to a point where games needed skills and tracking, I’m pretty sure you wont go in a bad direction by doing that.

(.Chris.) #7

Movement feels better now, not perfect but it’s getting there, I don’t feel there is any need to increase the overall speed, it is fine for the size of maps, it takes a short time to reach areas of contention, however, personally I would like to be able to run faster when reloading at least, as clips empty pretty fast you reload a fair bit and this seems to be where I die the most If I see an enemy once I start reloading I’m screwed, I can’t move fast to evade nor can I swap to pistol (at least don’t think I can). Perhaps increasing clip size would be an option too? Either in addition to increased reload movement speed or as an alternative.

Not sure what I think of the speed of strafing and running backwards.

(stealth6) #8

[QUOTE=Valdez;413719]I think we should be allowed to sprint while strafing, also sprinting while moving backwards would be nice.

I prefer a forward flag to capture rather than just completing an initial objective then spawning at that point. If you have a forward flag this gives the defense a chance to retake that point, also encourages another tactical way to attempt to defend. You have the choice of sending a defender in hopes of retaking the flag, of course in doing this you would be defending down a man.[/quote]

Don’t like the idea of faster faster faster… I’m with tok on that subject.

[QUOTE=Valdez;413719]
Are there any plans on altering spawn times? I know in past splash damage games they would sometimes have upwards of 45 secs before an axis or allied player could spawn. I think currently the game needs increased spawn times, the defenders side for sure as well as potentially moving where the defending team spawn locations are at (currently they are right on top of the objective).[/quote]

For the first point in W:ET the maximum spawn time I’ve seen was 30 seconds, I have no idea where you got upward of 45secs from. Of course if you don’t tap out on time…
Towards the second point could you specify which map? Or do you mean all of them? I really like the spawns and don’t see how they are unbalanced. For instance on Waterloo once they have planted, if you can’t defuse straight away and die, then you have a pretty slim chance of disarming it unless you get revived.
Another example the last spawn point on London bridge is an excellent improvement to Goldrush imo.

[QUOTE=Valdez;413719]
I do not like the “small physical push” when being hit. It seems like if you get hit in the head you are pretty much guaranteed to lose the fight, due to not being able to move. I understand you just removed the slowing affect that was caused when being hit, to me a small physical push vs slowing is basically the same thing… you still can’t move.

for now I am going to continue playing to see if I find anything else that stands out.[/QUOTE]

I think a small push is needed, it tells you where you are getting hit from and feels “right”. If nothing happened when I got hit it would be really weird (like I’m impervious to bullets or something)

(H0RSE) #9

[QUOTE=stealth6;413746]
I think a small push is needed, it tells you where you are getting hit from and feels “right”. If nothing happened when I got hit it would be really weird (like I’m impervious to bullets or something)[/QUOTE]
But don’t hit indicators do this just as well?

(ailmanki) #10

If the hit does only push you around then thats ok imho. Like, if your getting hit from the front, and walk backwards, you should even more accelerate. It did not really feel that way though, maybe I just die to fast when running around…

(stealth6) #11

I guess so, but for me personally I react faster if the player is moving since in W:ET there were no indicators.

Plus the bonus that if you’re running away you get pushed along.

(INF3RN0) #12

Sprint speed=fine. Strafe speed=slow (make it faster). Sprint bar=yes plz.

(Valdez) #13

I am not asking for a speed increase, just a rework of the current system to allow sprinting while strafing/moving backwards.

Honestly I am an rtcw player, never got into ET. I assumed ET used similar spawn times. In dirty bomb if you have two equally skilled teams, there is no way the attackers will ever be able to complete the objectives. A reworking of the current spawn times / spawn locations needs to be done.

[QUOTE=stealth6;413746]Don’t like the idea of faster faster faster… I’m with tok on that subject.

I think a small push is needed, it tells you where you are getting hit from and feels “right”. If nothing happened when I got hit it would be really weird (like I’m impervious to bullets or something)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you ET players have ever dueled (toss a nade/ wait for it to blow up then fight). In dirty bomb if you are hit in the head you can’t move which insures a loss in the duel. If you can’t move then you have zero chance of taking down multiple enemies in real game.

(LeeStyle) #14

I agree that the speed while sprinting is good, and also agree that strafing speeds should be increased, when battling someone with strafe aiming it’s very slow, not to mention that when hit you slow down even more.

(Evil-Doer) #15

If you strafe an get hit hard, you literally come to almost an udder stop an it’s over. You get a real feel for fighting mechanics when you use what Valdez was talking about as in dueling. There are literally times where you get hit an you CANT move. If strafe speeds were increased then it would seem more like a fight.

As for hit sounds, that is something that can be turned on or off, or should be, it’s preference like any other little detail. People subconciously react differently to things whether it be sounds or a little hit color thing.