Tl;dr

(acQu) #1

I feel there is a need for it. Whenever a post is longer than 255 chars, a pop up function within the forum appears and you are forced to enter a TL;DR version of your text. I think that would be awesome :penguin::stroggbanana::infiltrator::confused:

(tokamak) #2

My TL;DR’s would easily exceed the 255 chars as well.

No you’re making a point here. Discussing video games is hard. It feels like the English vocabulary hasn’t yet caught up with all the possible concepts and it’s easy to fall into verbosity. I will try to include the gist of my posts in a short summary.

(Rex) #3

What the hell are you talking about? :confused: Please stop opening new useless threads at least in this secret forum section.

(Dthy) #4

tl;dr. I’d rather a picture because you know, a picture is a thousand words.

(Breo) #5

You’re still be able to make multiple posts ^^

But I think that this thread belongs to this section: http://forums.warchestgames.com/forumdisplay.php/12-Website-Suggestions-amp-Feedback

(acQu) #6

[QUOTE=Breo;413302]You’re still be able to make multiple posts ^^

But I think that this thread belongs to this section: http://forums.warchestgames.com/forumdisplay.php/12-Website-Suggestions-amp-Feedback[/QUOTE]

No it doesn’t.

(Dragonji) #7

Agreed.

Sometimes it’s really difficult to me to understand main points of really longs posts because English is not my mother tongue and some of you use even more complicated sentences than poets :tongue:. It’s not a problem of yours of course but I believe it would be easier for devs as well if you try to keep your thoughts straight and simple :slight_smile:

(Runeforce) #8

tl;dr? omfg ypijsa;Icbbtdyuoa! And as Rex pointed out; wtfdthtdwtdbfs?

And for your (in)convinience, below is the same message encrypted using a blowfish algorithm and the above message used as key, with white-space and punctuation removed:

Mi+CrDFua+GtOxZjxKT1GGjt9Wt2RPr4nQUX+ZDIdoEkrtmyQdD/VfAVFD3HfycHHtp3DUQr6k7YMK3bch1+oKy66POKccIc

And my point is: why would you ask people to write out their thoughts twice? If you can’t be bothered reading it, don’t read it! It should not be other peoples problem that you don’t care to bother reading lengthy posts. IMO those (the lengthy ones) are usually the best.

(Dragonji) #9

Or claim to be the best… :tongue:

(acQu) #10

The thing is: i always perceived this as a chance to deliver feedback to the devs directly. Of course we could have better tools like e.g. a ticket system, but so far i am convinced that most devs need a hell lot of a time to read through all these monster posts. Is that so hard to understand ?

I just meant the above post as a joke by the way. Did not know it would cause such a negative reaction. No need for drama, ok :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #11

There’s nothing wrong with monster posts. The material we’re discussing here is far to complex and elaborate to have it put in a few bullet points. But I agree that we can make the whole thing a more easier for them by having a better index and less ambiguous thread titles (no that was not a sneer towards you, this title cut it just fine).

(INF3RN0) #12

TLDR designed specifically for Tokamak :wink:.

(Bananas) #13

I prefer rd;lt: Reading done;Long too.

shuffles out of the thread with his head down