Whats behind the idea of Dirty Bomb?

(GlobalWar) #1

And I am not refering to the story but to the gameplay. What I have seen so far is a very fast paced teambased shooter on small maps with no vehicles. The gameplay reminds me a lot of ET, be it a bit faster.

The concept of ET (which I REALLY loved a lot) is a few years old now. Is this still what gamers want/need? Did you guys do research on that?

Is this game aiming for a (maybe) small group of gamers that are really in to this type of Fps or is it aiming for a more casual type of gamers?

What I noticed on Brink (and Quake Wars) that balance is very delicate. It’s easy to totally shift the balance when more skilled players are on one side. This ruins the game for the less skilled players (casual gamers) who will most likely leave the game and go back to CoD/BF/CS, etc with a less steep learning curve. The game will then “die” with only a handfull of die hards left. This is not what a F2P game needs I think/

(zenstar) #2

Well they’re opening up the game types (there’s a TDM server somewhere) so it’s not just for the ET fans but also for the class-based shooter fans. I hope they add more gametypes (CTF would be good, and I’m partial to a horde mode).

I don’t think they’re trying to appease a small cult here, but rather making something with wide appeal that also has objectives while not going overboard and making the gameplay too shallow.

Locki meantions some philosophy about it here:
http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/33377-Dirty-Bomb-Philosophy-amp-Business-Model-Your-Thoughts