Thoughts on the EV

(light_sh4v0r) #1

Some things I noticed during todays play:

In TF2, the cart can only move if your team is around but no enemy. In ETQW this wasn’t the case, but in ETQW you could spam the MCP to 0 health really quickly if you had the vehicles/turrets. Here in DB you can’t do that, so I think it might be worth experimenting with the above feature. If the EV is repaired close to the objective, there’s no way to kill it before it gets there, other than killing everyone. Not sure what I’d prefer myself, just putting it out there.

Also, it’d be really good if the HUD (preferably right on the map progress bar), there would be a clear indication of wether the EV is repaired or not, and wether it’s moving or not. Unless it’s already there and I’m just blind :tongue:.

(Locki) #2

Also health bar, so you could see if a few bullets might be enough to finish it off…

(amazinglarry) #3

Would it be out of the realm of possibility to have some hitboxes on the EV? Where bullets may actually do some damage if shot at the tires or between the armor plates? Similar to the way there are headshots / upper / lower body shots for player models etc.

This isn’t a thing I lay awake at night thinking about, but it would be pretty neat to have some weak spots on the thing so ripping a few clips into it may actually seem viable. Right now if I have no grenades (and I’m not playing Fields Ops or Eng 1) I ignore it outright and just try to pick off any players near it.

(tokamak) #4

It could use some tweaking. What you really want is a vehicle that moves in very small increments towards the objective rather than in large pushes. That way the context of the fights changes in a more gradual and noticeable way.

So having an opponent stop or slow down the vehicle by being in its proximity could be more fun. Perhaps then combine it with a faster repair and more health to balance it.

(Mustang) #5

More health?

I haven’t been able to figure out how to do damage to it at all yet :tongue:

(tokamak) #6

That’s because explosives still are very scarce in the game. I’m sure that will eventually turn around.

(Humate) #7

Anyone tried soldier3 GL on the MCP?

(Mustang) #8

The clipping is weird, should at least be able to jump onto it from above without sliding off.

Ideally there should also be a few places where you can “climb” (jump-rest-jump) on from ground level also.

(Laurens) #9

Works, but takes all your ammo (12 rounds 80 damage each), no idea if there are any multipliers in play there. This is also on Whitechapel, EV health values can differ between maps.