Personal Noticeables: Will update

(Evil-Doer) #1

-Revives seem to miss
-Saw a glitch where a person looked like 3 people connected at different angles.
-Sometimes the class doesn’t change after selected it for next respawn.
-Music can’t be turned off at later parts of map.
-When you call for “Ammo” or “Medic” doesn’t show on mini map.
-When Reviving no protection for a small time. (prefer maybe a spawn protection/ also maybe hide behind person u revived for the time)
-Nameplates completely obscure view of enemy at some angles.
-No “team” player collision.
-When changing load outs with CTRL+F3 you have no way of knowing if worked.

I understand it’s way early. Just want to throw stuff out as I notice them in case they haven’t come to attention or maybe not have been thought of. I’ll keep updating as I notice things.

(Humate) #2

I understand it’s way early. Just want to throw stuff out as I notice them in case they haven’t come to attention or maybe not have been thought of. I’ll keep updating as I notice things.

Even if they have all that stuff worked out with future updates, be sure to keep mentioning the things you notice. Some of those things never occurred to me in that list…

(Evil-Doer) #3

-Been spamming CTRL+F3 an can’t change my loadout as an Engineer

(Fluffy_gIMp) #4

Thanks for these!

[QUOTE=Evil-Doer;412421]-Saw a glitch where a person looked like 3 people connected at different angles.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is a known issue with the skeletal mesh, usually happens at the start of a match.

Yep, this is a debug functionality right now, but agreed some debug text to let you know the change has happened would be nice.

(MrEd) #5

Really good list of feedback.

A quick note on player collision: the physics system is actually one of the areas where UE is very different to idTech and so trying to get the right feel is very important. Early on we had full blocking collision which led to some interesting playtests full of spawn point telefragging, unstoppable force/ immovable object hilarity and of course everyone here will be familiar with the popping player step ups and ragdolls dangling through the walls. >_< So it’s definitely one of the areas we’re really keen to revisit in the not too distant future. More news when we have it.

(Evil-Doer) #6

Thanks for the responses. Really appreciate.
Here is some more little things.

-Maybe a possible light circle, something around EV so you know where u can stand while defending.
-The dynamite when it is planted doesn’t blink faster when soon going to explode, or possibly beep?
-I seem to be having lots of issues with changing class, took more than 3 tries at one point. Not sure if there is certain step you have to take after you choose. Seems like it doesn’t always work if I press “Next spawn” or “Spawn Now”.
-When transporting the EV, was it on purpose to in some areas not be able to go fully go around to defend it, you tend to get stuck in many areas trying to fit between it an something along the road.
-Is there a way to get the glow of the dynamite with dynamic lights off?
-Name plates for all the objectives an players end up being super intrusive to the cross hair an visuals. Half the time I lose my cross hair in everything.
-When using VSAY is it possible to allow for two spams back to back instead of just one?
-When you revive a player, some sort of protection on the healed player for a moment, that also allow for the medic to hide behind for the small time.
-Possible throw airstrikes more often?
-Also, it’s hard to put into words or get across but when shooting players I feel as if I’m getting lost in the action, not feeling how good I’m doing. Like when I’m in a fight or a fight starts i’m clueless to how well that fight went or where I went wrong. It’s extremely hard to explain what i’m getting across. (I see the damage after the death) Not sure if it’s sounds involved or what.
-When you get in a fight there is no escape, it’s like you try to get away or use a room to your advantage after everyone runs out of ammo, but like when you turn to escape it’s like hitting a brick wall is what it feels like in game. (Hope those thoughts make sense)
-Please please please, have chat like this IRC built INTO the game so everyone has a place to be together in a common place.

(Evil-Doer) #7

-Turrets? Everywhere an anywhere (Floating, stacked) I mean they literally are floating mid air in a corner, then to top it off they can be stacked?
-Whitechapel, first EV Stage complete bottle neck for attacking team. The steps to the left under the bridge why do you have to duck to get under the bridge?

(amazinglarry) #8

That part I know is well known by SD and will likely be fixed in the next build (speculating for the win!).

(warbie) #9

Good points. I especially agree with this one.

I’m still finding that fights are over too quickly. My experience of DB - other than running around like a nub not knowing what to do! - is either seeing dead teammates or being one of them. tbh everything feels a little sluggish too - reviving people, throwing med/ammo packs, firing after sprinting etc. Despite this, I had good fun tonight and it was nice to see some names from the forum running and gunning :slight_smile:

(Evil-Doer) #10

[QUOTE=warbie;412722]Good points. I especially agree with this one.

I’m still finding that fights are over too quickly. My experience of DB - other than running around like a nub not knowing what to do! - is either seeing dead teammates or being one of them. tbh everything feels a little sluggish too - reviving people, throwing med/ammo packs, firing after sprinting etc. Despite this, I had good fun tonight and it was nice to see some names from the forum running and gunning :)[/QUOTE]

The sluggish comment is interesting. Been trying to put my fingers on what feels off. Have you ever found your self reloading, moving along thinking your done, throwing some ammo or meds out; You then pull your gun out an get in a fight to realize you have 0 ammo? I’ve never had this happen before it’s awkward to me.

The aspects of reviving are interesting, because if you get in a fight an a team mate dies you try to fend off the enemy to get the revive. lets say everyone runs out of ammo you try to take advantage an get your partner up quick then pull your pistol; To find your getting shot by the re loader an your mate you revived is now also dead before he can even move or swap to maybe pistol to help. It’s extremely hard to take the risk of reviving in battle because everyone is most likely at this stage going to die.

*edit - now that i mention reviving and the EV if a team mate dies around the EV at some points you can’t free roam around the EV because the area is to small so now your left with having to go the whole way around because your left with one choice, which in many aspects is a suicide mission.