Thoughts on The ET format.

(-Badger-) #1

so I think its great that Splash has persisted on the ET format. I thought brink was a shining example of their talents and the format. however. It is still flawed. and I hope these issues get resolved in Dirty bomb, which will most likely be ET as well, if not have an ET mode. Thats really what there needs to be. an open class based MP experience like that of Battlefield or Frontlines with moving lines and objectives that expand on the old Assault defense mode. and then a separate elite class mode that is more like ET where it forces you to work as a team and complete objective simultaneously. Cuz that is what ET is; an elite mode for die hard veterans. WolfET was nice cuz it reset. same with QWET. Brink had saved classes but you got stuck up an upgrade tree, either all for one, or none for all. either you were all in one class like medic or support or you balanced for most maps and made a middle of the road character which struggled at times.

now the few tweaks needed to make ET great and more accessible would also make it very much like the others out there, sacrificing uniqueness for mass appeal. And this is why I suggest it as a more refined mode like in Brink or QWET labeled as elite. the assault defense territory control mode is great and with specific class based objectives even better. but if you dont have a team or its just bots these modes are not fun at all. ntm ADTC or TC or AD or anything other than DM confuses the masses for some reason and deters them. look at TF2 TC_hydro was introduced and is a great map that no one plays, Look at Brink as well, its almost dead. I loved Brink and would have continued playing it today if it werent for the crippling bugs in the months after launch. hell I had it pre-ordered for like 5 months.

I hope all the best for Dirty Bomb. but being it F2P can I ask for an founders member like account option for us SD die hards? something similar to that of STO or champions where its a one time fee and we get all the content instead of a sub base or micro-transactions(if MT’s then a major discount like 50 or 75% off all future purchases). I would gladly pay 99$ or even 199$ for a premium account depending on whats included.

Again heres to SD for continuing to make great games.