What do you want to see in Dirty Bomb?

(Dope) #1

I want to see ETQW-style gameplay, but with some updates like:

1) It would be nice if the game could determine the skills of the player, (such as - the accuracy, the number of kills,K/D ratio, W/L ratio, earned XP, and so on) for example, in 10 games. After that, divide it into categories - low, medium, high, depending on how well he has shown himself over the 10 games. In general, such system is already exist in Quake live, so that you can easily understand where you will be raped, or where you can make some frags.

One problems of ETQW was balance of teams - one player can easy make disbalance in random public server --> ragequits --> whining and other…

2) If you want make gameplay with transport, please, make config or something that wont allowed to play with heavy vechiles till 5v5, 6v6. For example, 4v5 game = using only light vechiles (like Husky/Hog in ETQW), when its 5v5 - heavy vechiles start spawning.

Again, in ETQW you can see very offen game 2 titans 1 anansi vs 3 poor stroggs.

3) Support competition as much, as it possible. ESL?

(Sickness) #2
  1. Class based objective based gameplay
  2. Per game unlocks, no longterm unlock system (I know this will not happen)
  3. Dedicated servers (This will likely not happen either, being f2p and all at most it’ll be a monopoly-rent-service)
  4. Medium/big sized maps
  5. Demo recording
  6. Support for 2v2 to 32v32
  7. Support for spectating

(Joe999) #3

I didn’t think of what I want to see, but I know what I don’t want to hear. Those annoying sound volume changes that SD forced upon people in Brink and which made me HATE the game beyond anything I’ve played before. If these volume changes eg when you get hit are in the new game, then SD can keep it. Also, if there isn’t a demo, SD can keep it as well. I learned my lessons from Brink and Rage. Two games for which I again showed my continued support, but for which I didn’t get any support in return.

(nh0j) #4

I want to see a game that rewards the skilled. Where animations don’t get in the way of gameplay and no experience unlocks.

Maybe some sort of league system similar to the one in SC2 but only for teams not individual.

(YouAreGood) #5
  1. VOIP on by default.
  2. About matchmaking - CS:GO way would fit there even better than in CS.
  3. No Brinking - as there is no place for that on the round Earth. And yes - Brink 2 would be the end of the world as we know it… End of time. Apocalypse begin…
  4. Balanced medic class.
  5. Maps from Enemy Territory :).
  6. Toolset to create new maps and nice interface around joining servers with/out custom maps - so we would know whether or not server want’s us to download sth. Would be also nice to be able to check what exactly before actual download.
  7. Sniper! ET way. Don’t brink it pls…
  8. No “ranks” nor “achievements” - as it’s only destroying teamplay by pulling ppl away from team to keep killing turrets for achievement+rank while enemy is defending their charge at obj inside…
  9. Space = jump. Tricks are welcome yet shall at least be a bit difficult, so there would be some satisfaction from performing them.

To sum it(and much more) up: Good mix of ET and ETQW. Exactly what the teaser promised :).

(Dope) #6

[QUOTE=YouAreGood;411424]
8. No “ranks” nor “achievements” - as it’s only destroying teamplay by pulling ppl away from team to keep killing turrets for achievement+rank while enemy is defending their charge at obj inside…[/QUOTE]

I think better rework rank and achievements and make it about getting rewarded for killing, accuracy and etc.

(Tandem) #7

no radars

(YouAreGood) #8

After the match you have the scoreboard. No need to make ppl not shooting unless merely 100% chance to hit, just to get another “dumb” achievement…

(Dope) #9

Hehe, you dont need to tell my why its useless, for sure, Im understand what you mean.:slight_smile: But for 70% (or even more) players, ranks and achivements give motivation for playing. In ETQW I saw a lot players who plays just for another medal. And Im pretty sure that in other games same thing.

(DarkangelUK) #10

Trickjumping… all I want is trickjumping. I don’t even care if there’s no guns, if I can jump till my hearts content that i’ll buy 1000 copies of your free to play game.

(Rex) #11

[QUOTE=Dope;411406]I want to see ETQW-style gameplay, but with some updates like:

1) It would be nice if the game could determine the skills of the player, (such as - the accuracy, the number of kills,K/D ratio, W/L ratio, earned XP, and so on) for example, in 10 games. After that, divide it into categories - low, medium, high, depending on how well he has shown himself over the 10 games. In general, such system is already exist in Quake live, so that you can easily understand where you will be raped, or where you can make some frags.

One problems of ETQW was balance of teams - one player can easy make disbalance in random public server --> ragequits --> whining and other…

2) If you want make gameplay with transport, please, make config or something that wont allowed to play with heavy vechiles till 5v5, 6v6. For example, 4v5 game = using only light vechiles (like Husky/Hog in ETQW), when its 5v5 - heavy vechiles start spawning.

Again, in ETQW you can see very offen game 2 titans 1 anansi vs 3 poor stroggs.

3) Support competition as much, as it possible. ESL?[/QUOTE]

But you know this won’t be ETQW 2?

(BomBaKlaK) #12
  • No Radar
  • Tricks jumps (with maybe some light smart)
  • Gunplay ! as ETQW gonna be perfect !
  • FOV over 90 with a slider option ! I play usually between 100 and 130 (quake 3)
  • NO BUFF !! no “F” key !!! please we want a come back of the medipack and ammo pack ! and revive as the GDF do or like in Wolf ET
  • Bomb plant like in ETQW and Wolf ET ! no more stupid animations during plant !
  • NO Cinematics between obj !!! For me the “brink thing” between each obj (cinematics) was one of the massive fail of the game.
  • Decent maps with usefull secondary objectives ! and multiple way to acces the objective.
  • Map size as ETQW gonna be perfect !
  • 32 players support, and 5v5 support for comp
  • Social network to keep in touch and VOIP
  • FAST PACED SHOOTER !!! Need to be fast and fun !

(VaHa) #13

1.No iron sight
2.Trick jumps (Double jump, strafe jump, rocket jump?)
3.”Fast” movement, gameplay (Quake 3?)
4.Cooking grenades
5. Changeable crosshair (size, color…)
6.Color nicknames
7.Stats site like BF3
8.FOV slider
9. Changeable hud
10.Spectator mod
11.Demo recording
12.Dedicate server
13.Healing like in W:ET
14.Size of maps for competitive gaming 6vs6
15.Rifle-grenade weapons(like in W:ET), Flamethrower
16.Best anti-cheat protection

(warbie) #14

My man :slight_smile:

RTCW/ET in a new setting will be a hit. The more Splash Damage deviate from that, and the more they add, the more they risk it being a flop. Does Valve mess with Counter Strike? Nope.

(Cowtipper) #15

I would like to see this game use ETQW as a blueprint. Quake Wars is the best game I’ve ever played, so you can’t go wrong if you base this new game off ETQW.

(Ruben0s) #16

Ingame stats:
K/D ratio
Headshots
Headshot ratio
Accuracy
Damage given / damage received

Dedicated servers
VOIP, but it should be off by default.
Large maps (30+ players)
1 person spectator mode
Good working anti-cheat
Demo recording
Streaming support (to websites like twitch or own3d)
I would love to see a SDK, but if that’s not possible map editor tools.

Easter eggs
Dirty Bombs

(Mao.) #17

Cooking grenades
FOV slider
Tricks jumps
Very fast movement, gameplay
Demo recording
Spectator mod
Changeable crosshair (size, color…)
Color nicknames
no radars

(Sickness) #18

[QUOTE=Tandem;411430]no radars
_____________[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, how could I forget about this one. Totally agree!

(Bishop_45) #19

Strafe jumping !

(BomBaKlaK) #20

And last one !
I know i’m dirty !! It’s not necessary to tell everyone !!