banned for using the sniper reload glitch?

(cloudhalo) #1

I was banned from a server which i wont name just because i was using the sniper reload glitch.I personally do not call it a glitch because its more like a feature, because lets face it u got the railgun with fast reloads, medpack crates that seemingly are halfway through the wall etc…i just want to know if this is justification for a bann before i go to that server forum an post my case…also i am not using a macro just useful binds which takes some skill to master and this is the only thing they banned me for… ive also notice people on pro years ago used this feature without any consequence and bannin someone who used this feature on a public server seems childish because there is no competetive play on pub servers just dudes havin fun…so thanks for ur time if u have read and replyed to this.

(Kl3ppy) #2

Welcome at the forum!
Achievement unlocked: First post is a whine posting about the unfair server admins (20G) :penguin:

(cloudhalo) #3

sorry…i seem to have forogt my manners, hello everyone i would like to thank sd for accepting me into this forum name is cloudhalo been playin etqw since july of this year even tho i had it back in 09…i would appreciate the help if you would respond to my problem ty

(edxot) #4

nobody here can help you.

but is the case i am wrong: UNBAN ME FROM BBA SERVER

(Runeforce) #5

I guess your best bet is to avoid the server…or accept the admins rules

There’s no shame in avoiding a server if you think the admins suck

(Rex) #6

I had some problems to figure out your actual question, since you didn’t even put a question mark anywhere :tongue:
But let me enlighten you:

Most of the public admins don’t know the game at all, even after 5 years of playing. That’s why they react to anything new, or what they don’t know, with a kick or ban. In their eyes it is justified to do so, because they got their own rules on the server. So if the sniper bug is a cheat for them, they will take the necessary actions to prevent players from using it.
And yes, if you want to hear this, it isn’t any bad to use it. As long as you don’t use a macro for it. Quite the opposite, it is a skillful action you should keep practising. You are ahead of the average pub player. :wink:

The more advanced players play on pro, they know the game very well, that’s why they don’t consider “playing better” or the “sniper bug” as a cheat.
Public is completely different, you can get banned for anything there. Just an example from myself, got banned once for “building a darkmatter”. So you see how stupid some reasons are. :wink:

I also discourage you from posting in the forum, because the outcome will be the same: If you are banned, you stay banned. No matter what you tell them. You can’t even explain, because some people want to stay stupid. At this point I have to say, it is from server to server and admin to admin different. But I haven’t seen any good, neither smart pub admins in the whole 5 years of playing. Which is kinda sad. :rolleyes:

(cloudhalo) #7

thanks for the compliment rex i heard etqw pro is dead but just for the fun of it how would i set up my pro account, cause in id folder there is also a etqw pro folder which is different from the game username folder, or do i just join servers that got the name pro

(Rex) #8

You don’t need a special account for it, just the mod “etqw promod”. You see pro servers in your server browser, just take a look at “game type” there. If it says “etqwpro”, you know promod is running on this server. :wink:

(cloudhalo) #9

by browser do u mean server list where i can see all the server im abke to connect 2

(Rex) #10

Yeah exactly, the server list where you can see all servers listed.

(cloudhalo) #11

so is pro mod really dead i mean noone is playin it an havin matches

(Dthy) #12

Immediately I can tell the server is either Aardvark or Jesus. Promod’s dead for months (because I stopped playing :wink: I joke of course) But I’m hoping we can get some going in the Christmas holidays. I guess the tips I gave you on YouTube helped eh? :smiley:

(Kl3ppy) #13

Yes, pretty much. Maybe you’ll find some mixed games but no organized stuff.

(cloudhalo) #14

i love dthws intuition told him that cloudforgiven which is my utube account is cloudhalo on etqw…who would have made that connection…anyway i guess u guys r right posting on the crypt forum about the ban is gettin me no where, but ill see what they say after a few days

(Edzio) #15

You should be happy that they weren’t banned you for stroydown.

(Celebrian) #16

Actually, once I was able to explain what has happened, and I was acquitted and unbanned!
… Well, to be honest, only for a few days, and then I was banned again… But it doesn’t matter!

This I mean that all of it is worth asking why this happend. You do not know exactly the reason for the ban. You may think it a quickshot, but in fact this may be some nonsense like “shooting through walls” or even more stupid…

(Rex) #17

[QUOTE=Celebrian;410573]Actually, once I was able to explain what has happened, and I was acquitted and unbanned!
… Well, to be honest, only for a few days, and then I was banned again… But it doesn’t matter![/QUOTE]

So, just like I said. :wink:

[QUOTE=cloudhalo;410563]so is pro mod really dead i mean noone is playin it an havin matches[/QUOTE]

Dude, sorry but you are 5 years too late :smiley: Yes it is! But still we got some propub going on or even a cup which was some months ago. Maybe we can gather people for some games though. I’m up for it!

(millerq3) #18

Not on this occasion…maybe next time ehh :smiley:

(cloudhalo) #19

alright im up for a cup cant belive i had this game in 09 an i had it through highschool but i wasnt playin it, what a waste, i wish i could re do highschool so i could play this game cause i had mad time on my hands, an i wasted that crap on anime an japanese manga

(Loki.) #20

simple fact is … he was warned, multiple times… by multiple admins… so this is not, a first time offense.
we dont allow the glitch on our server and enforce it the best we can… educate-warn-kick/ban…
he was banned…
nuff said…