Oddities and suggestions

(Catnadian) #1

I’ve noticed some (other) things that could probably use either clarification or attention:

-It’s entirely possible to “cheat” ghosted Agents by using something that affects an area (Kate’s tox-bomb, Commander’s artillery ability, etc.) by “checking” targetable areas for Agents through paying attention to the camera angle: if the attack hits a ghosted Agent, the camera angle focuses on the conspicuous invisible thing what just got hit insteead of the (supposedly) ineffective explosion. I’m not sure whether or not this is intentional, or how easy it would be to “fix”. It doesn’t really step on either Detection ability.

-There’s been an influx (at least in 26 point games) of “players” whose player levels don’t match their soldier levels [take “Jhvxcd” or similar, level 21 or so, with a PFC Commander and Dave], which is curious on its own. The fact that they don’t actually spend any AP on their turn is more suspicious. Unsure if this is the proper place to report such activity but i’m beginning to wonder if this isn’t some sort of misguided farming attempt or just a few really bad gamers. Insidious or no, it’s right up there with “Poor level 7 player just starting out bumbling into the high-point games and then not immediately surrendering when they realize they are outclassed” for how tedious it can become.

-At times your profile picture will change depending on whether or not you created or are matched into a round. when I create games, my profile picture is set to Hipster Dave, when I am matched into one, it adopts Textbook Kate [the one I had actually selected]. It happens with a fairly reliable regularity but I’m unsure if it’s just on my end or what.

-The new MT5 can’t actually be bought from the store - only the barracks. Also noticed that it was present in the barracks(but not the store) in the previous version as well. I for one welcome it: Kate may certainly not need it and playing properly with Angela make it all but moot, but having better ranged options for Medics is always nice (and of course probably hilarious with Pete)

Nothing truly major, but hopefully something new in all that.

(EL-CO) #2

The same thing happens to me for profile picture, although I’m not sure how am I looked by others.
I bought MT5 through barrack and thought it as a good choice for Kate but not good for Angela. Interesting to see that you are thinking very differently.

some more things.

• Captain abilities selection says that all of the abilities cost 3 energy which is not true.
  • When both players have more than 2 Medics in their squads (especially in 20/26 point match), it sometimes reaches deadlock. You cannot make any effective attack and have to stay in the same position. This happens most likely in Market. Are there any draw in the game? Something like “The game ends as draw after 20 turns” sounds reasonable to me.

(SirMudd) #3

I need more levels! :cool: