Things I would like to change

(Rex) #1

[ul]
[li] A respawn protection is needed. Often I got killed 3 times in a row without any chance. If there is already one, please enhance the protection time.[/li][li] Med and ammo packs should be bigger. It’s not so easy to see them on the ground.[/li][li] Show a number on the health bar[/li][/ul]

(Ashog) #2

I think it’d be good to change the textures for the medkit and ammopack models. They look too blackish and very similar.

(dommafia) #3

[QUOTE=Rex;409745][ul]
[li] A respawn protection is needed. Often I got killed 3 times in a row without any chance. If there is already one, please enhance the protection time.[/li][li] Med and ammo packs should be bigger. It’s not so easy to see them on the ground.[/li][li] Show a number on the health bar[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

You lose spawn protection as soon as you fire. Tested this with retsy. The spawn protection is about 3 seconds IIRC. Agree on your other points.

(Donnovan) #4

Yes, Anti talked about that on IRC channel.

But it is 5 seconds, not 3. You lose it if you fire, what i liked.

May be you shot right after spawn and lose invunerability instantly.

(Humate) #5

dot xhair
hitsounds
respawn timer
removal of that mechanic that slows you down when you get hit

(Ashog) #6

Please add turret and mine indicators for engineer asap.

(Smooth) #7

We’ve been thinking about giving the player with protection a very short window where they are still invulnerable, even after firing. Something like 300-500ms. So they still have a chance to get the first shot in.

(Smooth) #8

[QUOTE=Humate;409788]dot xhair
hitsounds
respawn timer
removal of that mechanic that slows you down when you get hit[/QUOTE]

I’ll be looking into the last point on Monday, the rest are likely to happen as well, just further down the line.

(Humate) #9

Awesome :slight_smile:
Especially the last point.

(dommafia) #10

500ms would be fair. If people are willing to go all the way to the enemy spawn they should expect some disadvantage at the enemies “home.”

Was also pondering about a spawn point mini radar. To keep people from hiding behind spawning player, etc. Let’s see how spawn camping develops first I guess :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #11

I’m ok with slow dow when hit, but a very low slow dow that does not change your plan A to scape, and just let you receive some few more bullets.

If the slow dow is too much, what you was trying to do just figure out as impossible, and if there is no plan B and/or you have no plan B in your mind, you just let your char to die in a bullet rain, what is frustating.

Still have not played a real match (sorry). So i will back here to post if i find the slow dow too much.

Thankyou!

(Donnovan) #12

[QUOTE=Humate;409803]Awesome :slight_smile:
Especially the last point.[/QUOTE]

By the way, a guy from FireTeam (on the topic bellow) told the bulet punch the player taking fire.

In half generic situations this can slow you down.

http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/33230-Movement-while-being-shot

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #13

[QUOTE=Rex;409745][ul]
[li] Med and ammo packs should be bigger. It’s not so easy to see them on the ground.[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
I agree with this as well but I was waiting to get a bit more experience before mentioning it. Some color in the packs to offset the medpack color from the ground. There is a splash of red, but bigger and more color would be better. I also this deploy kind of weird but I don’t know how to explain what I mean yet.

(Humate) #14

*HP levels in numerical form
*Reduce rate of fire
*Remove diagonal recoil…
*Increase strafe speed
*Remove delays in key presses
*Characters feel too heavy
*Remove padding/delay on crouch
*Ducking/crouching doesnt seem to avoid hs in 1v1
*4shot shotgun instead of 1shot - force engie to do dmg with secondary first to get 1shot kill with shotty
*Footstep sounds way too loud
*Add faction footstep sounds, to remove confusion
*Jump sniping seems impossible - might be my 320 ping /cough

(dommafia) #15

4shots to kill with a shotgun? that doesn’t sound reasonable.

(H0RSE) #16

lol, that’s what I was thinking. Why don’t you just replace the shotgun with a sock with a knot tied in it, that the player can beat enemies with…

(Humate) #17

I was going to suggest to remove it, but that was the next best thing.

(retsy) #18

yes when you get to it, shotgun 2-3 shots to kill and a middle dot would be super helpful.
also yes please remove the slowdown when shot :slight_smile:

a sock full of quarters with the knot in it. now thats a great idea >.<

(H0RSE) #19

[QUOTE=retsy;409993]
a sock full of quarters with the knot in it. now thats a great idea >.<[/QUOTE]
A pillowcase filled with doorknobs works well too :slight_smile: It would probably be limited to the Soldier though, since it’s more of a “heavy weapon.”

I guess here is where I share changes I’d like to see:

• tighten up hip firing

• have little to no recoil on weapons, except for perhaps “special” weapons, like the Soldier’s LMG.

• remove ironsights (and the need for them)

• remove melee attacks (especially one hit kills)

• remove delay when initiating sprint

• remove delay when trying to fire after sprinting

• remove health regen

• remove delays between key presses and actions

• remove the “slow down when shot” mechanic

• add ability to strafe and sprint

• add an option for spawn timer

• add an option for hitsounds

• ether decrease damage of weapons, or increase player health

• Make teammates/enemies more distinguishable

• increase sprint speed slightly

• increase size of ammo and medkits. Also make them more distinguishable from one another.

• increase FOV. (I usually play at 110)

• I would like the game to avoid the “one man wrecking crew” mechanic that many games suffer from, where even if it is a team-based game, it allows for (skilled) players to essentially carry a team, dominate the enemy, and/or win the game.
    I would rather the game be designed in a way where this scenario is rare, and players playing as a team is not only encouraged, but perhaps even required in some instances.

• I don’t want to see the game heavily geared towards competitive play. Having optional settings or options or mods for such gameplay is fine, but if such features were implemented, then there should be separate servers running those games. This could also help in keeping likeminded players together - the comp crowd would have their games, while the “casuals” would have their own as well. Think of it like Normal vs Hardcore mode in Battlefield games.

• I’m a big fan of the recent trend of merging RPG elements in shooters. That being said, I would like to see some form of character customization available, preferably something at least fairly elaborate (or better) like Brink had. I would also like to see skill trees, or some way of tweaking characters and their skills to fit the players playstyle.
    Of course, these are just optional things that I personally would enjoy. RTCW is my favorite MP shooter, so having set classes and appearances is not a gamebreaker.

• Adding other gamemodes to the mix could help bring in new players. That being said, any game mode SD decides to add should based around team-based objective gameplay. It is not like SD to design a game with a TDM mode, and I see no reason to start now. It’s one of the things that sets them apart from other developers.
    Other gamemodes I could see being implemented are Capture and Hold and CTF. Perhaps add a twist to them - like having a CTF mode where classes still need to use their skills to be victorious - like engineers needing to build bridges or destroy barricades in order to capture/return a flag.

(Runeforce) #20

This!!!

But not this:

[QUOTE=H0RSE;409994]

• I’m a big fan of the recent trend of merging RPG elements in shooters. That being said, I would like to see some form of character customization available, preferably something at least fairly elaborate (or better) like Brink had. I would also like to see skill trees, or some way of tweaking characters and their skills to fit the players playstyle.[/QUOTE]

Skilltrees and more character customization then Brink had? Seriously? I say no thank you, leave it out completely!

And remove the one-pistol-headshot-and-you’re-dead-even-at-full-health mechanic.

And yes, I agree on that the shotgun feels overpowered at close range. And it feels useless at medium range.