Possibility to skip the revive

(Breo) #1

Sometimes I don’t want to be revived to change the class/no ammo, I liked the option in Brink where you have the choice to respawn.

(Humate) #2

Press K to respawn.

(Breo) #3

Pressing K is suicide?

Because I don’t want to suicide but respawn as soon as I’m death. The point is if I get killed and a medic revive me quickly I need to suicide or playing without ammo if there’s no fieldops.

(Humate) #4

I have trouble understanding your post so im going to explain everything:

If theres no fieldops and you run out of ammo… either you gib a player to get extra ammo, or you respawn.
If you want to avoid being revived, you respawn as well.
If you want to change class, go into the limbo menu select your class and it will give you 2 respawn options.

(dommafia) #5

if you don’t want to be revived you press the respawn key “k” as humate pointed out. The respawn key has 2 functions, makes you suicide if you are alive and makes you “tap out” if you are injured and waiting to be revived. Once you “tap out” it’s like if an enemy gibbed you and you can no longer be revived by your teammate.

Hope that makes sense.

(Breo) #6

Thanks guys, I thought it wasn’t possible tap out while you’re incapcitated :o

(amazinglarry) #7

I’m still used to it being spacebar :stuck_out_tongue: Although I can see some value in somebody needing to consciously hit ‘k’ since it’s pretty tough to hit it accidentally.

Although I’ve done it once or twice with a misplaced homerow when trying to type in teamchat.

(murka) #8

Well i’m sure people usually bind selfkill to mouse so that makes it hard to hit accidentally.

(Breo) #9

I’ve already mentioned it in game but can we have the possibility to skip the revive? Sometimes I instantly die because a medic doesn’t clear the area first. Also can we have a protection for the revived teammate till he shoot?

In Brink you could easily choose to be revived or respawn.

(Humate) #10

Press K to miss the revive.

(amazinglarry) #11

Déjà vu! I wonder what the machines changed in the Matrix!?

(Breo) #12

Your already posted that…
I actually want to be revived but not instantly most of the time it’s revive/death. If it’s not safe I want to skip it. Hopefully it’s more clear now?

What about adding protection for the revived teammate?

(Humate) #13

In Brink the incapped player revives themselves… that mechanic is not in this game.
Press k to miss the revive… and you wont get revived.

(amazinglarry) #14

Humate is correct here. If you don’t want to be revived you need to press K… and if you can’t hit K when you die faster than a Medic rolling up to revive you, then… not sure what else can be done.

Personally as a medic I use revived players as meat shields, as I pass em health packs.

There’s currently no option right now to not accept a revive.

(.Chris.) #15

Think he’s asking for the Brink thing to be added back in, personally I’d rather they didn’t but perhaps add a short revive protection that goes when you shoot at any point during that time.

(dommafia) #16

You are dead, you dont have any advantage, you cant choose WHEN u want to be revived…

(DarkangelUK) #17

Revive protection = yes for a short period or remove if you shoot early. Brink revive style = no, sorry.

(stealth6) #18

I liked W:ET’s method the most press spacebar to tab out.
So yes it’s basically the same as what we have now except spacebar = k

I like it the most since you can decide when you want to be revived or not, medic walking towards you and you don’t want a revive? Tap out.

(amazinglarry) #19

Do we know if /kill and ‘tapping out’ are actually separate commands? I would like to rebind my tap out to space bar, and keep k as /kill.

I suppose I can always just log in later and check… but I hope they are separate or will become separate commands.

(Humate) #20

Wouldnt surprise me if there was a self revive unlock.
But other than that no go.