Player speed

(stealth6) #1

I hope I might have swayed some of your opinions tonight that the speed is a bit too fast.

I just ran around with knife and throwing kniife the whole evening and my K/D generally hovered around 1:1

While it’s fun for me it’s pretty stupid. This is the kind of thing I did in COD:BO (although there commando let you fly 2 meters to the enemy)

You have very little time to react and quite a few times I’d just be strafing left and right until the enemy’s clip was empty and then I’d go for the kill.

The only things really shutting my down was shotgun, turrets and artillery. I don’t think it’s very fair that a knife wins against a rifle. Knife should be something you only turn to when the enemy has his back to you.

(Humate) #2

Is it a player speed issue? Or is it a knife issue?

(stealth6) #3

I don’t think it’s a knife issue since it takes at least 2 hits for a kill, but the speed is ridiculous you can literally dodge bullets and running from cover to cover in a split second.

You’ve only got a shot with a rifle if you’re camping a corner and even then it can be nerve racking when a bloke is waving a knife in your face.

(Runeforce) #4

You were only really a pain when comming from the back.

(shirosae) #5

[QUOTE=stealth6;409392]I hope I might have swayed some of your opinions tonight that the speed is a bit too fast.

I just ran around with knife and throwing kniife the whole evening and my K/D generally hovered around 1:1[/quote]

As the person you probably killed the most… actually I thought it was okay. Almost all of your kills were from behind, with me not knowing the maps with their 3476343 flanking routes, and me assuming the person guarding my back was still there.

1:1 sounds odd I agree, but I was running about earlier on Soldier with 5:1 at some points, so I dunno. With the gunplay as it is, I really think strafing speed in general needs to go up, and weapon fire rate go down. Maybe if forwards speed is limited by weapon, but strafing isn’t, so it’s flat across the board?

Gunplay is really limited by the strafing speed right now, and bringing that down further is going to get really painful really quickly. I’ll make a thread or something about that elsewhere.

(Humate) #6

Gunplay is really limited by the strafing speed right now, and bringing that down further is going to get really painful really quickly. I’ll make a thread or something about that elsewhere.

:slight_smile: that would be lovely.

(Ashog) #7

Stealth, can’t judge the speed in your case (is what you mean only true for covertops class?) but as the person you killed most yesterday (it wasn’t Shir! :)) by throwing knifes at (any position and place, such a Kamasutra of knives), I must say it’s the problem of knives rather than speed. In which other game can one find two consecutive knives thrown within 1.5 seconds killing a full health player?
Even in RTCW shrubmod it wasn’t that lethal (was fun but was used for finishing off people).