Reporting an in-game issue
Before reporting an issue please make sure you have done the following:
1. Ensure you meet our Minimum System Requirements
2. Ensure your Graphics Drivers are up to date
3. Check our Known Issues List for the issue you have found
4. Use the forum's search function to see if the issue has already been reported
5. Do not post multiple issues in the same thread, unless they are related ("Environment art issues in Victoria" is fine)
If you can’t find the issue reported on the forums already, please report it with the following information:
• A quick overview of the issue “CRASH – Game crashes when pressing the 'Esc' key”
• Be sure to include keywords specific to the bug - Animation 1st/3rd, Sound etc.
• If you get an error message, copy and paste it into the title
• If you have a crash, write 'CRASH' in capital letters at the start of the title
• A detailed description of the issue that you encountered
• Try to be as detailed as possible with your description, the more information the better!
• Please state which server you were playing on and the approximate time the issue occurred
Steps to Reproduce
• A list of steps you took leading to the issue
• If the issue occurs 100% of the time when following the given steps
• Include every step you took leading up to the issue, any step could be a clue for us
• Detailed information about your PC specifications
• Essential for compatibility and performance issues, please attach one to every bug
• To obtain your DxDiag, type ‘dxdiag’ into your search bar and then click ‘Save all information’
Screenshot + Bug Location
• Essential for any visual issues, especially issues with certain areas of a map
• Press F12 to take a screenshot or type “Bugit” into the console
• A .txt document is also produced when F12 is pressed which contains information on the location of the issue, please include this information.
• Screenshots are saved as .bmp files by default, please convert them to Jpeg to upload them
Crash dumps & Log files
• A crash dump provides more detailed information on a crash - these are not always generated
• A log file provides detailed information on the lead up to the crash - essential for every crash
• Client Log files and Crash dumps can be found here for the game "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Logs"
Please ensure that no information about the game is posted outside of the VIP Closed Alpha forum
Last edited by Toomic; 3rd May 2015 at 17:37.
Reporting an issue in the Launcher:
The same steps as above apply to reporting a Launcher issue, however there are a couple of things to be aware of:
• Launcher Log file (output.log) & Crash Dumps (.dmp) are located here:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WarChest\Dirty Bomb"
• Pressing F12 does not take a screenshot in the Launcher
• Please add "Launcher - " at the start of the post
Last edited by Toomic; 27th Nov 2012 at 00:46.