General Info Inquiree

(INF3RN0) #1

Myself and Tangilobear were testing the weapon damage and hit boxes earlier today. I was hoping maybe we could just skip all the work and see if there was a way you devs could drop a raw data chart in the forum for us when you have the chance- pertaining to stance influence, movement speeds, weapon damage, hitboxes, weapon spreads, etc. I think it would help everyone to be able to give more specifics in their feedback regarding those types of variables.

(Anti) #2

We can definitely look at providing this info at some point soon, but for the first few days it’d be great if we could get your ‘gut feel’ feedback on the weapons and their mechanics, without you guys seeing data that might affect your opinions of them.

We’re trying really hard to get a ‘classic’ PC FPS feel to the movement and weapons that will appeal to existing Splash Damage fans, but doing it in a way that is very accessible to players of contemporary FPS games. Getting your initial feedback on the weapon mechanics is really helpful to us in judging how close we are to achieving this goal right now.

(INF3RN0) #3

Well unfortunately our Thanksgiving holiday is preventing me from playing until Monday, but so far I can say that I am very satisfied by the weapon mechanics/performance. I couldn’t really tell if they were already there, but I would love if there was some sound indicators for headshots. So far all the weapons felt pretty balanced and effective at killing, and I especially appreciate the pistol. Shotgun seemed to actually be viable in a lot of objectives as well, which was refreshing. I also like what you guys did with the knife backstab, although sometimesit seemed like I was one-hit killing people with the normal attack up front (maybe a bug). I’ll have to wait for higher populated games to talk about grenades, but they definitely are more tactical than in ETQW (which is a good thing). The only reason that I’m always interested in the stats side of things is because most of the time skill difference between players makes it difficult to tell if something is actually a problem. I’ll just plan to keep playing more once I get back, and hopefully we can organize some bigger games on the NA side soon.

(murka) #4

There are some hitsounds but not distinctive enough. A hit indicator like in etqw would also do wonders. Hit feedback is vital in judging weapon performance.

(light_sh4v0r) #5

I like the hit indicator tbh, but the sound could be louder/more distinct.

(Smooth) #6

At some point I do want to give users the ability to choose from the hit-sounds we have now and something more retro.

Options!

(Ashog) #7

Yay! (with two arms and also two legs)

Hit feedback too! VITAL!