Movement Feedback

(LyndonL) #1

Sprint speed seems a little slow. Can we go a little bit faster. There isn’t a really discernible difference between run and sprint.

Jump height I found to be good, compared to most of the obstacles.

It would be nice to be able to reload whilst sprinting.

(H0RSE) #2

[QUOTE=LyndonL;408964]
It would be nice to be able to reload whilst sprinting.[/QUOTE]

I second this :slight_smile:

(Smooth) #3

Sprint speed is actually 1.5x the base run speed and I wouldn’t want to go much faster since the maps are balanced with the current speed in mind. What you might be noticing is that sprint only increases forward speed, strafe and backwards are limited to run.

We found that if we allowed side/backwards sprinting that players were simply too hard to hit. We are thinking about having very subtle fov changes and maybe some post-processing to make sprinting feel faster without actually increasing it.

(DarkangelUK) #4

Personally I’d rather not have any fov adjustment when I sprint, but if you’re going to add it, I’d like the option to disable it if possible. Again though I think the feeling of slow is also down to the current fov cap, most players here are probably used to a higher fov and the feeling of going faster than they are because of it.

(Smooth) #5

Of course. We want to give as many ‘old skool’ options like this to the end-user as possible but only if they don’t provide some kind of advantage. In this case I can’t see what the advantage would be so the option will go in eventually.

It’s something we do want to add however since it should increase the fidelity of the game for the majority of players :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #6

But that is great! This IS the purpose of strafe sprinting - avoiding fire when got with yr pants down from the back. Can’t remember how many times I saved my ass in ETQW by reacting after a first sound of shots from around my back reached my ear, by strafe sprinting to the side, turning around and headshotting back. That is exactly that makes the fights longer and more reaction/movement skill dependant! Let’s just test it - turn it up for a week somewhat later and we’ll test it for you :wink:

(retsy) #7

I would love to try it out as well. I am missing the side sprinting/strafing :smiley: