My very first impression

(Paul) #1

Well dear coders, animators, voice artists and whoever worked on this project, I just played the game for 10 minutes because unfortunately I had to go again (I’ll surely be back!)

First impression and questions:

• DX11 let the game crash with exit code (3)
  • I love the old-style classes, the game felt really ET-ish in that way which is awesome
  • I also love the fact the vsays are in almost the same as in ET - it felt ‘natural’
  • The hitmarker (it’s a detail) looked great.
  • The movement: maybe I’ve got to get used to it - but I still miss the rapid-movement (turning speed) of ET and for example CoD4, it feels a bit ‘smoothened’ out this way, which may look great but in my eyes it’s a bit irritating to play with. I would like to know if there are others experiencing the same, if this is a design choice or whatever is behind this?

Summary: fantastic, oh and btw, it felt great to own Locki a few times :smiley:

(mitsuhiko) #2

DX11 support is super rough. I think that was just added a few days ago.

(iwound) #3

my 1st imnppresion was.

love the realistic envoirenment.
love the fact it has mainly sky.
love the humor, medi apron, rogan jos. etc

(Breo) #4

We need more creativity for unique selling points/features that make Dirty Bomb recognisable from other shooters. In Brink we have SMART/parkour, character/weapons customisation, semi realistic/cartoon style etc.

This is my impression from a couple games:

– Shotgun en turret are OP
– Weapon models are too big even for field of view of 90, iron sight cover almost the whole screen
– The weapons doesn’t feel right if I take a machinegun the animation (shaking) is too steady
– Own footsteps are too audible
– The map where you need to take several objects to the APC is too easy for the attack team. The defend team has only one (short) way to enter the building?
– Does other classes also have objects? The engi has too much stuff to do compared to other classes (repair vehicle/destroy roadblocks).
– Higher capacity magazines?
– Fixed turrets at spawn/spawnprotection?
– More weapons to choose?
– Player model is too big compare to the environment? Probably it’s the FOV idk
– Radar bugged? It’s bigger then the placeholder
– Improvements hitreg feedback? (crosshair/sound)
– Some roads are too small, APC blocks the road at some turns so you can get around
– The vsays sounds like someone is right behind me is it possible to put the voice “further away”