Recommended PC Specifications

(Smooth) #1

Please note: These specifications are likely to change over time as we implement further optimizations and perform more compatibility testing.

For the Closed Alpha we currently recommend the following to have an enjoyable experience.

Recommended Specs:
GFX: 512MB - GTX 460 / HD 6850 or better
RAM: 3GB RAM
CPU: 2.2GHz Quad Core or better

It is technically possible to play the Closed Alpha on less powerful machines, but this is not advised as performance will suffer until we undertake further optimisations.

Minimum Specs:
GFX: 256MB - 7900 GTX / X1800 XT or better
RAM: 2GB RAM
CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual Core or better

(j4b) #2

Maybe we should adjust the recommended and minimum specs as we got a bad performance at the moment. A quadcore is a must have to get playable fps. To prevent fps drops i recommend a high i5 or i7. I dont have any idead how stable the game is running on amd.

(Dragonji) #3

Something which might increase your performance on AMD legacy graphics cards on Win Vista/Seven x64:

And another release which is compatible with Windows 8 x64 as well:

(rana) #4

Even the 660ti doesnt get stable 125 ^^

(h2o) #5

Graphic Card doesnt affect only on fps number, remember also about processor :slight_smile:

(fubar) #6

I run a 3770k @ 4.8 and a fairly oc’d gtx670, which achieves stable 120 in bf3 as well as cod, in DB however… not even close.

(OwNLY) #7

Ok, so i got a new PC lately.

i7 4770K (no OC yet) with a GTX 770 OC.
In BF3 i can play on HD and record the Gameplay in HD at the same time while getting above 100 FPS.

But in XT i get maybe 100 FPS on a full server, didn´t get a chance to test it yet.
250-150 FPS on an empty server, depending on the Direction i look.

The Recommended Specs are bull****,
I had a 3.0 GHz Quadcore, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 460 (768MB)
and didn´t even hit 60 FPS on a full server with a heavily tweaked game.

(Nail) #8

OwNLY
why would you use a yellow dot for crosshair in a game filled with yellow backgrounds ?

(bachelor) #9

I just booted up the alpha for the first time.

I’m getting a truly comical 4fps with all graphics options set to low, Vsync and windowed mode off, 1280x800 resolution.

I’m running a Dell XPS laptop with i7-2670 @2.2GHz (4 cores, 8 threads), 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 555M w/3GB, Windows 7

(ailmanki) #10

[QUOTE=OwNLY;467509]Ok, so i got a new PC lately.

i7 4770K (no OC yet) with a GTX 770 OC.
In BF3 i can play on HD and record the Gameplay in HD at the same time while getting above 100 FPS.

But in XT i get maybe 100 FPS on a full server, didn´t get a chance to test it yet.
250-150 FPS on an empty server, depending on the Direction i look.

The Recommended Specs are bull****,
I had a 3.0 GHz Quadcore, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 460 (768MB)
and didn´t even hit 60 FPS on a full server with a heavily tweaked game.[/QUOTE]

If that is lod bias driver settings, that doesnt help the fps much, as the game is still loading all the crap in the background apparently. Even in earlier builds of DB where you could enable some debug viewmodes, they did not add to the fps, rather lower it.
What really helped the fps are the Texturegroups changes, and some other config settings also helped, as it effectlively changes what the engine is doing.

(Seanza) #11

[QUOTE=bachelor;467764]I just booted up the alpha for the first time.

I’m getting a truly comical 4fps with all graphics options set to low, Vsync and windowed mode off, 1280x800 resolution.

I’m running a Dell XPS laptop with i7-2670 @2.2GHz (4 cores, 8 threads), 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 555M w/3GB, Windows 7[/QUOTE]

I would imagine it’s your integrated graphics card that’s causing you issues.

(attack) #12

will XT support mantel?

(attack) #13

question at SD is intel or amd cpu the better choice for Xt?

(Dragonji) #14

Damn, AMD didn’t release Win 8.1 compatible drivers for legacy cards (HD4xxx). I guess I will buy GF next time…