GtkRadiant 1.6.3 Released

(obsidian) #1

GtkRadiant 1.6.3

Urban Terror support improved, QuakeLive support added.

The main item for this release is the addition of QuakeLive support. This includes support for the encrypted paks, and png textures support (including on models). bspc.exe (for bot navigation files), and a version of q3map2 with QuakeLive support is provided as well.

The Urban Terror support has been improved as well. The default compiler for UrT is now the modified compiler that was release by FrozenSand, with the lighting model that UrT level designers are accustomed to.

The installers are available in the downloads section.

You are encouraged to run this latest version and if you experience any issues, you can report them here or on the IRC channel.

Official GtkRadiant Site:
http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/

GitHub Project Page:

Mailing List:
http://icculus.org/mailman/listinfo/gtkradiant

Post your thoughts and bug reports below. Thanks.

Filing a bug report:

[ul]
[li]Make sure to summarizes the problem.[/li][li]Accurately describe how to reproduce the bug in precise steps. If it cannot be reproduced, it will be difficult to fix.[/li][li]Precisely describe the observed result and the expected result.[/li][li]Check your settings and configuration in case these are relevant to the problem.[/li][*]Make sure you list your relevant hardware, operating system, version of GtkRadiant, or any other system information.[/ul]

(Mateos) #2

Downloading.

Sadly my old ticket about the french keyboards is still sleeping, hope someday I could easily jump from 1.4 to 1.6 ^^’

Anyway nice job and improvements, following it since it last release and the progress never stops :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #3

(Mac users)

A test version for Mac is available… I think they’ve adapted the whole package, and thus this release includes what is needed to map for ET.

Link:

Please report any issue :slight_smile:

(twt_thunder) #4

BobToolz::ERROR->Failed To Load Exclusion List: C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkRadiant-1.6-20121007\modules\bt\bt-el1.txt
BobToolz::ERROR->Failed To Load Exclusion List: C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkRadiant-1.6-20121007\modules\bt\bt-el2.txt

brush cleanup doesnt seem to work :frowning:

(Mateos) #5

It works, but it is looking for two files which does not exist, to exclude… stuff. I asked it a while ago on the IRC, well I still don’t know how that works x) The line after these two is the usual one.

If you want to remove that message create these 2 files :slight_smile:

(twt_thunder) #6

ok, thanx Mateos will try this then… getting confused when errors turns up :slight_smile:

(WuTangH) #7

Im stuck at 1.5, because since 1.6 versions I couldnt choose more brushes at once… :rolleyes:
Its just me, or it got changes? -.O

(Mateos) #8

Nope, it’s the same;

Only in Vertex edit mode, while 1.4/1.5 auto-exit it if you want to add brushes to the selection, in 1.6 you need to manually exit it… Discussed in a ticket over there atm :slight_smile:

(aowblacky) #9

still using 1.5 :slight_smile:

a 3D-View with rendered lightning would be awesome ^^

(Mateos) #10

I think it’s better to post his here, Obsidian will do a main post later :slight_smile:

GtkRadiant 1.6.4 RC is live!

Hopefully the last update before declaring 1.6.4 the new stable release. What does this mean? Not much, just that we’ll start a 1.6.5 line soon and look through all the bugs and feature requests to decide what we should try to tackle.

You’ll notice that the website is already updated suggesting that this 1.6.4 build is final. That’s because we had some web changes pending that we needed to update.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gtkradiant/GtkRadiant-1.6.4-20130922.zip
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gtkradiant/GtkRadiant-1.6.4-Linux-i686-20130922.tar.gz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gtkradiant/GtkRadiant-1.6.4-Linux-x86_64-20130922.tar.gz

CHANGES:

• Surface inspector (shortcut S) was simplified and cleaned up further. We removed several buttons and generally confusing functionality.
  • Quake2World support now works on Windows.
  • Linux/Mac can monitor BSP process over stdin/stdout directly now (an alternative to using the TCP loopback for compilation monitoring - not available on Windows at present)
  • Fixed several memory allocation/free errors.

For Mac users, the build process may be forwarded on the website IIRC.

(Loffy) #11

Ye, that surface inspector was a challenge to understand for me when I was new, simply because it was a bit crowded with buttons and information. Glad that some dedicated guys are working on radiant for us all to use and enjoy.

(-SSF-Sage) #12

I installed this just now. Amazing work! I just wondered if there is possibility to customise bsp menu? Did not find with a quick look. I’m missing the good old build_menu.xml from 1.5.0. All my projects require custom build commands. :frowning:

(Mateos) #13

Feel free to submit a feature you would like to see and you think you’ll help a lot of people out there here:

Edit: File > Project Settings

Meanwhile, you can edit the .prof files in /scripts/ folder :slight_smile: Or make your own batch files, or use a frontend such as Q3Map2Toolz (you may need to manually register the libraries for it, if you get some error while launching it, use ShellExView).

(-SSF-Sage) #14

Great thanks! I am a little bit lost with the 1.4.0 stuff. Never liked 1.4.0.