QW problem, master server down?

(shmeecow) #1

I just noticed that many of our members in TAW, and some others on the pubs have not been able log into the MP browser in QW for the last few hours. Keep getting the error connection reset.

Is the master server down or something? Does this have anything to do with sandy?

Any ETA on a working game?

Thanks, -ShmeeCow

(okeribok) #2

bump
(which is too short, so here: another bump)

(Dope) #3

Same things over here…

(.N.E.R.D.) #4

Hope it stays dead so ppl will finally move on :wink: (Including me ofc) :slight_smile:

(rorgoroth) #5

Another nail in the coffin or the final? :eek:

(Dthy) #6

TAW advertising is getting really abstract.

(Celebrian) #7

How I feel.

(edxot) #8

someone go find other threads like this and find an estimate time for fix

(BlueRed) #9

JESUS-SERVER is down, too.

Server is not authenticated.

I need my QUAKE WARS !!!

(badman) #10

It’s possible that this is related to the big huge power outages caused by Hurricane Sandy in the US. Will try and find out more, but large swaths of the East Coast have been told to stay in their homes so it may be a while. :slight_smile:

(millerq3) #11

Maybe I’m thicker than a monkey’s forehead but wouldn’t this effect other games/servers too.

As an ,for example,Wolfenstein servers seam to be unaffected East side of the States?

And even the only populated Brink server (2 players) States side,is merrily chugging along.

Just an observation. :wink:

(BioSnark) #12

Seems to be back up, kinda. Had a “cancelled” error the first two times I tried before it got through. Only 8 other people online.

(badman) #13

[QUOTE=millerq3;407531]Maybe I’m thicker than a monkey’s forehead but wouldn’t this effect other games/servers too.

As an ,for example,Wolfenstein servers seam to be unaffected East side of the States?

And even the only populated Brink server (2 players) States side,is merrily chugging along.

Just an observation. ;)[/QUOTE]
It depends on where they’re located - bear in mind that ETQW uses DemonWare, which the other games don’t.

(PMStechgrrl) #14

Yeah, it’s been down all morning for me as well - various error messages.

[PMS] Techgrrl

(badman) #15

Just had confirmation that the datacenter hosting ETQW’s multiplayer services was taken out by the hurricane. They have techs on site trying to restore service but so far there’s no ETA.

(Rex) #16

:eek: Ohh dear… :frowning:

(Breo) #17

Where is Donnovan when you need him :smiley:
http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/31999-Server-Authentication?p=402367&viewfull=1#post402367

(Ashog) #18

[QUOTE=Celebrian;407523]How I feel.

[/QUOTE]

ahahaha nice1 :smiley:

Can confirm that Brink works :slight_smile: I even finally got the Ark King and all other achievements done today :stuck_out_tongue:

Now’s the perfect time for uninstall lol

(millerq3) #19

[QUOTE=Ashog;407553]ahahaha nice1 :smiley:

Can confirm that Brink works :slight_smile: I even finally got the Ark King and all other achievements done today :stuck_out_tongue:

Now’s the perfect time for uninstall lol[/QUOTE]

Ashog,who was the other person?

(Ashog) #20

I think I saw Bushdoctore in my team :stuck_out_tongue: