My Quake Wars 2

(Ads913) #1

Just playing planetside 2 nice game btw.
It actually reminds me of Quake Wars and how Quake Wars 2 would look like Anyway I was thinking if I was playing Quake wars 2 what would you like to see in that game. If it ever happened :0

Here some of my ideas I would like to see
I would like to see an Earth/Stroggos mix of maps that uses Slipgates so one moment you could be Italy then jump to an area in Stroggos the next.

Engineers can have 6 mines and put up blocks like a road block or to block spawn area.
Strogg can have floating Apts or Avts for Anasi type planes.

While in disguise you could use the enemies vehicle’s but the longer they are in disguise the disguise degrades so you could detect the covert as things like ears dropping off or red eyes .after 3 minutes you lose the disguise.

Medics have special vehicles were you can heal and get ammo. Instead of crates
Just my random thoughts what would you like to see.

A free planetside key for the best ideas.
you must be on steam .

(Dope) #2

Im not sure that this idea fits to Quake(strogg/gdf war unvierse), because, after the war on Earth, was huge operation, called “Overlord” :slight_smile:

My Quake Wars 2 is about a headset + less lags, and support of custom maps.

(.Chris.) #3

Regarding maps in a possible sequel, I’d rather keep most of the maps on Earth, perhaps 3 out of 4 campaigns on Earth then a final one on Stroggos. Why? Earth has a wide variety of locations to use that we didn’t get to see in ET:QW, South America, Middle East, South East Asia, all offering something unique, a campaign in each of those regions would be awesome. Have the campaigns follow some kind of plot leading up to the final campaign set on Stroggos. Then try tie that last campaign with the events of Q2 and Q4 somehow. Do this without using cutscenes or else!

I would introduce slightly more advanced weapons for the GDF, after ET:QW they have started to learn from the Strogg tech (salvage, area22), perhaps early versions of vehicles we see in Q4, similarly guns too. Perhaps the Strogg have made some advances too and they’ve improved their tech.

Road blocks as a deployable or so sounds interesting, obviously you’d have restrictions/rules on where you can place them, separate from regular deployables though.

(Humate) #4

Earth based maps are fine for a sequel.
New tech for both sides, without blurring the lines b/w the two factions.
Strogg should still be the more rambo/aggressive race, and GDF should still draw its strength from team-play.
So whatever advances they made tech wise from the strogg, it should only amplify their style of play.

(.N.E.R.D.) #5

Yeah, new tech. For example GDF should have a new sniper rifle that can fire 10 shots in rapid succession without reload or being called a buguser :wink:

(rUBBEN) #6

In my Quake Wars 2, Khamul would be randomly muted (VOIP + chat) and he couldn’t add me in his friendlist.

(Breo) #7

haha with 3 engi you can make a mine field :smiley:

(Ashog) #8

In ETQW2 Chris would be banned from competitive play because he accepts and then never turns up to the matches.

Apart from that - what Chris said (too bad he won’t be able to enjoy those maps in comp play but that’s life).

PS.

tbh I don’t think ETQW2 will be based on Quake universe. I don’t think id will sell any new rights for that theme due to beth & zeni. I rather think the next similar game (if it evar comes out) will have a different name and will be based on some new universe (our dearest friend Ed Stern must also make for a living somehow after Brink) :wink:

(light_sh4v0r) #9

You know Ed, he’d make a living out of marketing cardboard toilet paper.

(DrFunkenstein) #10

I guess the sniper rifle is a weapon no game can do without these days, but I’d prefer a game where it would operate like a musket: add the gunpowder, add the bullet, fire away and miss. Rate of fire should not exceed 1 shot per 5 minutes on top of that. That’ll teach them :slight_smile: .

Dr. Funkenstein

(coldcookie) #11

Sentry mode for Infiltrators would be awesome! :o

(Napoleon.Solo) #12

no heavies/flyers, if keeping in heavies/flyers than make sure every map has a solid indoor phase, no grenade/plasma launcher, make the shotgun good again (something between 1.2 & 1.5), fixed hitreg, make the pistol better, be comp ready at release date.

If they do that I couldn’t care what they call the game or what mythos it follows.

(Rex) #13

Like ETQW?

(Napoleon.Solo) #14

Quarry does not have any indoor phase. Island and Area 22 have indoor phase that can still be dominated by vehicles. Salvage’s indoor phase needs to be corrected with the extra strogg spawn. So yes, like ETQW, but better.

(.Chris.) #15

I think he mental blocks the bad maps and assumes SD won’t make those mistakes again :slight_smile:

But your last comment rings true, ET:QW was almost a perfect game, it fell short in quite a few areas though and the follow up to it just needed to fix those issues first and we would have had a winner. Instead they chose to go in a completely different direction and introduced features and ideas without first realising what went wrong with their last game, we got Brink and we all know how that ended.

(edxot) #16

my etqw2 does not have server admins adding stupid rules to the game

(rorgoroth) #17

Strogg team up with Wolfenstein 2009 nazi master race :mad::cool:

Better cut scenes at end of map (Idk, GDF doing stuff, destroyed objectives really blow up in cinematic style)

Destructible environments (to an extent).

(.Chris.) #18

[QUOTE=Psykorgasm;406971]Better cut scenes at end of map (Idk, GDF doing stuff, destroyed objectives really blow up in cinematic style)

Destructible environments (to an extent).[/QUOTE]

Agree with both these. The end scenes were pretty poor compared to what you found in ET, custom maps especially had lots of exciting stuff happening at the end.

Being able to break glass again would be nice! I’m not sure I’d go much further than windows and small objects.

(Indloon) #19

[QUOTE=.Chris.;406972]
Being able to break glass again would be nice! I’m not sure I’d go much further than windows and small objects.[/QUOTE]

Same destructible environment as Battlefield 3 has!

The game engine should be written up from scratch for PC only.

(rorgoroth) #20

[QUOTE=.Chris.;406972]
Being able to break glass again would be nice! I’m not sure I’d go much further than windows and small objects.[/QUOTE]

I was mainly thinking of windows, doors, blowing parts of barriers out for better cover/fire.
I’d also love to be able to lay down a mine in a bush and when it gets set off the bush is destroyed and take down a tree in a heavy vehicle. I mainly think about outdoor maps, there is lots of nice little things that could be destructible inside too though, much more even.