Devs still playing Brink?

(.FROST.) #1

After more than 1 1/2 after the release and years of development I wondered if the devs themselfs are still playing their own game regularly. I mean after having spent so much time with and within a game, I think it wouldn’t be “anti-PR” if they’d say that they don’t, everybody could understand that, but maybe they actually do, that’s what I’d like to know; just out of curiosity. Of course I wouldn’t go so far to question them wich games they are playing else, but that would be also very interesting.

(.Chris.) #2

They used to do a regular feature on what games people in the studio were currently playing. Plucked one out at random:

http://www.splashdamage.com/content/currently-hurling-controllers-mice-uncharted-dragon-warfare

As for Brink, who knows, I doubt it though, you could try get some community event set up to play against the devs, they did something like this for ET:QW last year.

(.FROST.) #3

Thank you very much Chris. Very clear and informative reply. Thumbs up.

(Donnovan) #4

Can’t understanda! Can’t understanda!

I always believed SD games was away from this “What gama is you playing now, maaaaan”. Since they play it for work.

And even now they can play ETQW or ET or Brinka for work, for comparison.

(Breo) #5

They are building/playing their new game?
Some sees the game elements for years during the development so I can understand that they don’t play it anymore :smiley:

(tangoliber) #6

I don’t think developers ever play their own game after release unless they have to. :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #7

Especially with multiplayer games that^ wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense. Maybe I didn’t got the irony or your troll attempt in your reply, but if otherwise you are completely wrong.

(rorgoroth) #8

Please explain, in great depth why he is completely wrong :tongue:

(.Chris.) #9

A fair few of them played ET:QW after release. There were even a few community games with them. Hell even one of them made a custom map.

(Donnovan) #10

My “canta understanda” was to Chris since he said its possible to a SD workers to put on the regular “What gama is you playing?” that he/she/it is playing ETQW or WET or Brink or Rad Radiers or X (X=unanounced project).

I believe this is unprobable… So this is not a good way to know if they still play Brink or any other game they made…

Just that.

I’m no troll, i’m cute.

(zenstar) #11

He’s not trolling, he’s saying that after playing the game as a job for so long you’d probably be sick of it by the time it gets released and need to unwind with something completely different. He’s not being Brink specific.

Although I’d think that it’d differ from dev to dev, but a lot would be passionate enough about something they made to still enjoy it. But only an actual reply from inside the company would solve this (unless someone is willing to hunt down their offices and look in through the windows).

(TheJamesSliceCo) #12

Well, with my job being put on part time status, and my sons off to school, this father started playing again. Deleted all of the characters and started fresh. I had forgotten how much “fun” this game was. My only wish was that there was more DLC in the way of maps and weapons could or would be added. My call sign is CprlAgarnFTroop on xbox360. See you around.

(xAeroAtlas) #13

I’m not sure. I personally love replaying brink and trying all the different weapon customizations and class upgrades and just to remind myself of what FPS multiplayer gaming at its finest looks like, and they seemed to be pretty into it themselves, but I bet it brings a lot of negative feelings of them being forced to release it too soon and dealing with that backlash and being ****ed over by Bethesda in general.

(.Chris.) #14

Game was delayed then later was released a week early because they had “finished” the game faster than expected. Blaming Bethesda for everything simply doesn’t cut it, both developer and publisher messed Brink up. SD for biting off more than they could chew and Bethesda for gagging SD and not allowing proper testing.

(H0RSE) #15

This is assuming that releasing the game a week early because it was “finished,” was actually the real reason, and not just some stunt pulled by Bethesda. It isn’t really treading into “conspiracy theory” territory ether - it is a completely plausible action that Bethesda could have taken.

In the grand scheme f things, the majority of the blame goes to Bethesda. If the game was entirely developed/funded by SD, they could have taken as long as they wanted, with no rigid time constraints to follow.