I got a question

(Rex) #1

Hey guys, is it possible to rename yourself on a ranked server during a match?

(.Chris.) #2

No, names are tied to your account which was used for tracking stats and such back when the stats site was up.

(Rex) #3

I caught the sverige/activity cheater doing that during the warmup. Is this possible with his aimbot/ cheattools?

(.Chris.) #4

I had feeling you were going to mention some cheater or so. I have no idea how cheats work but you shouldn’t be able to change your name on a ranked server, only your clan tags and/or colours. What a tard cheating in ET:QW of all games…

(Dthy) #5

I’ve seen some players where there name doesn’t appear in the console correctly or in the killfeed and chat,really weird.

(Snotling) #6

True, I saw that too on promod, some fake account guy had only his tag appearing in the killfeed. Sherlock Rex what’s going on?!

(rUBBEN) #7

It’s disney from 40%, with his account QW|myxtape

(.N.E.R.D.) #8

Yes it is possible. The CLANTAG thing with no name, wasn’t that disney ??? Also very weird. I know for a fact that you can change your complete nick on ranked servers cause I witnessed it myself. I dunno how but always believe it has to be with some kind of cheat. I hope you mean he changed complete nick that you see under pb_plist not like his nick is R and once he is known as Rager and then he changes to Rodney or something like that :slight_smile: Well if Sverige has done that, that would mean he is still cheating which many ppl suspected anyways :slight_smile:

(rUBBEN) #9

Personally when I’m taken down by sveridge or hunbaba in half a second, I’m wondering how some so skilled persons as them can become better than Samurai, brontoz or kordin in such a few time.

(Dthy) #10

It’s funny because hunbaba calls me a cheater when I snipe. But simple deviation I am better than all you mentioned :smiley: (SARCASM IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND).

(Rex) #11

Well I saw him cheating on Jesus server (the only server he is still able to play) so nothing special here.
But what really confused me was, that he changed his complete nick during the warmup. Unlucky I missed to take a screenshot. I was just curious to get to know how he does it.
Furthermore either it is a bug, a server setting or a forced thing by his aimbot, sometimes he can’t be seen in the console.

@rubben: Why do wonder? Did you miss the last bust thread?

(Kl3ppy) #12

I know that a color code can cause problems, but never saw any name changes.

(Dthy) #13

I know the first failwhale tag broke messages on screen.

(Ashog) #14

[QUOTE=Rex;406450]Well I saw him cheating on Jesus server (the only server he is still able to play) so nothing special here.
But what really confused me was, that he changed his complete nick during the warmup. Unlucky I missed to take a screenshot.[/QUOTE]

Well, why not making a screenie of console then?

(Celebrian) #15

Hmm, can you give an example of name he changed and to which?

(Ashog) #16

afaik u can’t register an account with less than 3 characters.
could be he used his clantag to be a part of the account name

(Dthy) #17

Smallest amount of characters is two for an account.

(Ashog) #18

nowei

chars

PS stop chatting

(edxot) #19

yes, you can change from newbiesaurus-Rex to RextremelyAFRAID

(Ashog) #20

ahahahahaa, made my dei :slight_smile:

rofl, rextremelyAfraid!