Santorini

(shibbyuk) #1

Hi guys, it’s been a looong time! I do miss the ETQW days… Must have another game sometime soon, but I’m sure I’d get pwned!

I don’t know if any of you remember Santorini, the map that I very nearly finished? Well, I was wondering if anyone here wanted the source files to maybe continue/finish it off? It’s been so long, I wouldn’t have a clue where to start any more!

Anyway, lemme know and I’ll dig out the files.

Cheers

(Boktor) #2

I never got to play it online, but I’ve poked around a few times and I like the style of the map.

I certainly wouldn’t mind getting a look at the source files. I should probably prove myself with my little project first before I do any “official” tinkering on your work though

(Runeforce) #3

Would it be possible with a public release?

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Of course we remember Santorini!

(Susefreak) #5

Sure digg it up, it’s always good to share the resources

(shibbyuk) #6

How’s this for a bump? :slight_smile:

I have an issue… unfortunately I seem to have lost the source files for the Santorini map; the only files I could find were several months out-of-date, so there is a fair bit missing. I’ve got all the up-to-date models, textures etc, but the .world file is the one that’s outdated.

Someone has recently expressed interest in finishing the map, so my question is: can ETQW maps be decompiled? Is this wishful thinking?

(shibbyuk) #7

Looks like I was very concerned with the accuracy of all the steps!

(shibbyuk) #8

Sorry for the triple post but never mind - I found the files on an old external hard drive! Everyone can stop panicking now :wink:

(Crytiqal) #9

:smiley: amazing, I think I played a really early beta of this map.
Isn’t there an Island/volcano in the harbour with a big strogg shield?

(shibbyuk) #10

That’s right! There’s a large mine-shaft that you parachute down after hacking the shield generator. Down below, there’s a large underground volcanic cave system with the third objective (though I don’t have any screenshots of this handy).

(Mustang) #11

I often put my backups somewhere super safe, so safe that I can’t remember where it is…

(light_sh4v0r) #12

Well hello, welcome back :slight_smile:

(Crytiqal) #13

[QUOTE=shibbyuk;522871]That’s right! There’s a large mine-shaft that you parachute down after hacking the shield generator. Down below, there’s a large underground volcanic cave system with the third objective (though I don’t have any screenshots of this handy).

[/QUOTE]

Then I remember correctly <3
Good times

(shibbyuk) #14

The CoD map designers stole my idea! :eek:

(Assassin4004) #15

Wow, that’s so funny! They must have thought it was a really good idea :slight_smile:

(shibbyuk) #16

If anyone’s still interested, I’ve added the source files to my dropbox so I can release publicly: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25279340/santorini_source.zip

You’ll still need the pk4 for the textures & models.

(Assassin4004) #17

Hey shibbyuk, I have been working on a few things with santorini; however, I got busy with school and hopefully can continue working on it some more in a few weeks. :slight_smile: Thanks again!