Where is the announcement?

(Rex) #1

Which brings us back to 2012 being a special year for Splash Damage. We’ve got several significant announcements to make in the coming weeks and months. … We’ll be revealing new titles - both on platforms we’ve previously visited (including the PC and the world’s leading consoles), …
… and we can’t wait to tell you about all the cool things we’ve got in store for you this year.

source: http://www.splashdamage.com/content/919/2012-message-paul-wedgwood

7 months already passed by and not even a single info was released yet. SD also doesn’t attend gamescom. :frowning:
So I really ask myself where the announcement is? This doesn’t really look like “we can’t wait to tell you”
The community “starves” without any information.

(Virus047) #2

We can dream. :smiley:

(Rex) #3
  1. They only announce RAD Soldiers for Android this year -.-

(Shinigami) #4

What a disappointment. I hadnt come to the splash damage website since that post from paul saying that we should expect some news this year. eight months later and all i find is this thread. oh well, guess ill have to leave for another eight months. maybe ill freeze myself or something…

side note, i see some familiar names from the good(?) old brink days. talk about serious dedication

EDIT: i just noticed that the unannounced game is for PC. SD, that is not cool…

(Humate) #5

Theres another game in the works, which is console only.
But this thread is specifically about the PC only game :slight_smile:

(Breo) #6

I’m also excited for the next SD game but there are a lot of other games to play in the meantime :smiley:

(Edzio) #7

There’s no other games… SD - we are waiting, don’t disregard us, pls.

We do not forgive. We do not forget. etc. etc.

(Cep) #8
  1. We already released the new PC game it was marketed by the same people who marketed ET:QW… Wait you never knew about it existing?

(BioSnark) #9

I think it’s cool that they’re working with id’s V.R. headset to make the comprehensive virtual reality simulated tapir experience. Don’t you?

(Rex) #10
  1. They will finally announce ETQW 2, but only as pay to win for iPad 4.

(rookie1) #11
  1. We sorry Our attention is on our seals SplashD tactical team (SSDTT) in mission infiltring Activision offices to get all your Files from old ETQW official forum back here …while there… we will take few games projects disks that we might see on our way out …just as for compensation for stealing ours gamers stuffs

(ailmanki) #12
  1. you will be assimilated resistance is futile, we are Stroyent

(Humate) #13

About Rad Soldiers Delay: :wink:

Shortly before release, we came across an unexpected issue with our front-end menus, resulting in us having change much of the way the menus and backend work. It’s been a great lake of work, and the team have been swimming through it in record time. We’re now once again preparing for release.

With such significant changes under the hood, we’ve decided that an extended limited release is the best way to ensure that the game’s multiplayer experience remains great. Our Canadian friends will be getting this latest version, and we’ll also expand into a few additional countries to be announced soon. Barring any unforeseen explosions, the rest of the world will follow shortly thereafter.

Perhaps we shall find out about this secret pc game, shortly after?

/massivecough

(dommafia) #14

This whole time I thought rad soldiers had a dedicated “mini” team. I mean it’s just for Icrap devices. No announcement this year for the PC game probably means no game in 2013, which kinda sucks. Although if we did get an early game we’d all be bitching about how it was rushed out…

(rookie1) #15

------>+1000

(.Chris.) #16

The quoted statement doesn’t say anything to contradict that though.

Could look bit bad for them to start hyping up the next game before they’ve fixed the previous one that isn’t even fully released, they’d get a lot backlash I’d think from people thinking they’ve abandoned RAD Soliders giving image they can’t do mobile games and what not. Probably just a marketing/business decision for the lack of info on the PC title.

(badman) #17

(RAD Soldiers has its own, dedicated team.)

(Humate) #18

^new community question imo

(tokamak) #19

Something about a F2P revenue system please

(Humate) #20

Community Questions:

1. Damage Model - Brink? COD? ETQW?
  2. Radar - How important is it really?
  3. If you could make up a new class what would it be, and what could it do?
  4. Should the Magrider in Planetside2, work the same way as the Desie? - randomlink

/cough