Weapon Analysis?

(JaysUsername) #1

I know it was mentioned that the ingame weapon ratings would be tweaked but I was just wondering if there are plans for some weapon info on the site for now. I really wanna upgrade one of my weapons but can’t get a feel for where to spend my cash. ie. auto shotgun vs. assault rifle.

Maybe someone else has some insight?

(badman) #2

There’s a lot of information in the store already. What kind of info are you after?

(tinker) #3

I did say a bit in my thread
however.

Look how you play and buy things to improve that.
If you play aggressiv and straight, go for melees and shotguns and character who need 1 energy for walking
If you play defensive or on long range get agents and ARs
if you play tactikal defensive get an agent Dave and commander
If tactical and offensive get another fast char, equip Dave and that fast char with lumber numberer and the other 2 with 3 squad point pistols
…just read a bit in my thread : talking about characters and the game : especially the last post

With friendly regards
Tinker

(Thor) #4

How many shots each weapon has would be very useful. I know that’s defined by the type of weapon, SMG, heavy weapon, etc., but we don’t have that information either. The only way to know is from experience. So, when it lists damage we should A) know if it’s total damage output or B) damage per-shot in which case how many shots? I know this information now but I didn’t when I began and neither will other new players.

Additionally, do different types of weapons increase energy for movement? Will a heavy weapon require more energy to move compared to a pistol? I have not made any weapon changes that drastic so I don’t know yet.

(JaysUsername) #5

I guess for me, I’m debating between the Hamjak Auto SG which is 50 damage(which I believe is 50dmg per shot) or the Hoo-HarAssault Rifle which is rated at 10 dmg(which I believe is 10x3 per shot) is this correct math per shot?

(badman) #6

That’s right - though bear in mind that actual damage also depends on how far away you are from your target (the shotgun is better at close range, the AR at medium range) and if the target’s in cover.

There are also squad point differences - the AR takes up 4 squad points, whereas the auto-shotgun is 5.

(JaysUsername) #7

Thanks Badman, forgot about the squad points side of things…so the Shotgun is 1 shot, the AR 2…how about the smg?

(badman) #8

The AR fires a burst of 3 actually, not 2. The SMG fires four times per attack I believe.

(Thor) #9

See, that is why this information should be available on the weapon itself :wink:

(tinker) #10

Sry Guys but this Sounds realy Strange
The First thing a New Player does is not visiting the store and debating which weapon he should buy
A new player should do the challenges and through this see the damage or the times attacking per action

They should be there but if you did spend time for all ticks you should know that.

The only thing you can’t figure out if you don’t buy the weapon are the squad points.
I never knew the auto-sg needs 5… For its damage it is 1 point or at least 1energy too much in my opinion
70dmg true, but only on close range. Sometimes on medium cover and longer range it is 18!!! And melee are mostly stronger and even do more dmg…

Well. With friendlz regards
Tinker