ExitLevel:Executed

(sneak) #1

-Day1-
CentOS 6.2 x64
etpub 1.0 r477
et300 (does it with etded.x86 v 2.60b too)
It only happens on this etpub server.

Only strange thing I’m doing is forcing cvars in server cfg and in mapcfg folder (with the cvar set to the folder path), because sometimes the cvars do not force by just having it exec “cvar.cfg”.

Here are the related files in the exact structure (including startscript):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78565291/server.rar

My etmain folder contents:

0:48 Exit: Timelimit hit.
0:48 score: 0  ping: 48  client: 3 ^7THIRTY^3|^7sn^3e^7ak
0:48 PLAYER_RATING_DATASET: Name: ^7THIRTY^3|^7sn^3e^7ak GUID FFEE0A9786E812CA466C79C69E5E035F: Time Axis: 5650 Time Allies: 0 Killrating: 0.000000 
0:48 http_client: Couldn't gethostbyname
0:48 red:0  blue:0
0:48 WeaponStats: 3 0 0 0
1:08 ExitLevel: executed
1:09 ExitLevel: executed
1:10 ExitLevel: executed
1:11 ExitLevel: executed
1:12 ExitLevel: executed

The above was reached by using ref to set the timelimit to 0.1, but the same errors are produced from a normal map ending (Whether or not objective was completed).

Note: After posting this thread, I maximized my game and disconnected, I did “screen -r pubscrim” and noticed that it successfully loaded the map. It seems it won’t load the map if players are in the server, but once I left it loaded it. Otherwise you will be stuck in intermission even if you are “ready” or the time has already gotten down to 0 seconds.

-Day 2-
Decided I’d start from scratch, got the pk3s that I was using from the redirect and uploaded them to the server to a fresh directory, didn’t add anything unecessary or any files directly from the old folder of this server. I also checked over all the cvars, and in the process I organized the server.cfg better.

http://pastebin.com/kydgK5m9

Same problem :frowning:

Tried it without maps.lua
same problem…

(cheesy) #2

Try this thread…
http://www.omni-bot.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-3038.html

(sneak) #3

aw cheesy please don’t insult me with a simple google search. Re-read my thread and take the download if you have the time please :slight_smile:

I do not run bots and nothing in those threads I’ve already seen are relevant =(

(cheesy) #4

Hmm…well I dont want to insult you, so…peace!
and good luck!

(sneak) #5

[QUOTE=cheesy;403262]Hmm…well I dont want to insult you, so…peace!
and good luck![/QUOTE]

don’t take it to the head lol

(Dragonji) #6

Post your mapcycle.cfg’s content please.

(sneak) #7

was hoping to eliminate things like this by providing a download to the files used in the server. If you take a look you will see this:

// WATCHDOG
map “frostbite”
set com_watchdog 30
set com_watchdog_cmd “map frostbite”

There is no mapcycle.cfg. Gametype 3 should automatically make this happen:

1. server loads map round 1.
  2. players finish round 1, server loads same map in round 2.
  3. players finish same map round 2.
  4. server loads same map and starts from round 1 again.

It’s a scrim server, mapcycles and other map/campaign scripts do not get used on scrim servers.

(Patriotqube) #8

on scrimserver u have a whatevername.config like global6.config to sort how stopwatch is supposed to go, and settings on the different maps

and game wont start before ppl has pressed ready and new maps are called by a vote

if you dont have that, youll need a cfg to deal with the stopwatch settings

gametype 3 does not automatic replace any cfg’s

(sneak) #9

it does. It’s always worked fine this way in etpub for years now… And I just had it working with the exact same settings on gameservers. Then I switched to NFOservers and it was once again working. Now that I’m on an unmanaged server, using the exact same files… they do not work.

People have been scrimming with just “gametype 3” and “map frostbite” for weeks now on my server without any problem, and I also was scrimming on it without a problem. The only time this error started happening was after switching to unmanaged.

And are you saying that the configs from etpro will work in etpub? doesn’t sound likely to me.

(solchanel) #10

This is caused by et300. We’re working on it how to solve it.
This bug is very strange cuz doesn’t appear on all servers.

(Patriotqube) #11

[QUOTE=sneak;403292]it does. It’s always worked fine this way in etpub for years now… And I just had it working with the exact same settings on gameservers. Then I switched to NFOservers and it was once again working. Now that I’m on an unmanaged server, using the exact same files… they do not work.

People have been scrimming with just “gametype 3” and “map frostbite” for weeks now on my server without any problem, and I also was scrimming on it without a problem. The only time this error started happening was after switching to unmanaged.

And are you saying that the configs from etpro will work in etpub? doesn’t sound likely to me.[/QUOTE]

well what can i say :slight_smile: UUUPS didnt see the etpub thing
never scrimmed on that so dont know
sorry for bugging in :slight_smile:

gl

on a sidenote, i gave up on et300 on my etpub server, just wouldnt start

(sneak) #12

[QUOTE=Patriotqube;403296]well what can i say :slight_smile: UUUPS didnt see the etpub thing
never scrimmed on that so dont know
sorry for bugging in :slight_smile:

gl

on a sidenote, i gave up on et300 on my etpub server, just wouldnt start[/QUOTE]

aw which host do you use? I know a bit more on that now maybe I can help you out on making it work. pm me on xfire if you want.

(ailmanki) #13

Most unusual stopwatch configuration… maybe the problem is related to et300?
This would be the docu to make proper stopwatch rotation - as thought by its developers I guess:
https://sites.google.com/site/peyoteet/cvar-resources/rotations

But you can try something else…
When exitlevel is being executed, it also does load the cvar nextmap…

set m1r1 “g_gametype 3; map oasis; set nextmap vstr m1r2”
set m1r2 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r1”

That snippet from a stopwatch rotation script shows that after the map has ended, it loads nextmap, which loads m1r2, which does map_restart and set nextmap to the next one in list.

So try this:

// WATCHDOG
set g_gametype 3
map frostbite
set nextmap “map_restart 0”
set com_watchdog 30
set com_watchdog_cmd “set g_gametype 3; map frostbite;set nextmap “map_restart 0”;”

If my logic is correct - lol it will work… else you ill see what you get.

edit: Watchdog did trigger after you had left the server - not before it seems…

(sneak) #14

Hi peyote :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sneak;403250]-Day1-
CentOS 6.2 x64
etpub 1.0 r477
et300 (does it with etded.x86 v 2.60b too)
It only happens on this etpub server.
…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ailmanki;403312]
This would be the docu to make proper stopwatch rotation - as thought by its developers I guess:
https://sites.google.com/site/peyoteet/cvar-resources/rotations[/QUOTE]

That’s cool and all but that’s for public servers, this is a scrim server. As stated previously, it goes like this:

1. Players play map 1 round 1.
  2. At end of map 1 round 1, players play map 1 round 2.
  3. At end of map 1 round 2, server loads the same map again… in a new round 1.
  4. But the players don’t play on it again, they call a vote for a new map.

That “cycle script” used in tjw vs bunker was not like a real scrim, it was more a pub server with teams separated differently.

[QUOTE=ailmanki;403312]
But you can try something else…
When exitlevel is being executed, it also does load the cvar nextmap…

That snippet from a stopwatch rotation script shows that after the map has ended, it loads nextmap, which loads m1r2, which does map_restart and set nextmap to the next one in list.

So try this:

If my logic is correct - lol it will work… else you ill see what you get.

edit: Watchdog did trigger after you had left the server - not before it seems…[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but got the same error.

(cheesy) #15

at the end of your server.cfg put this…

//ROTATION
//exec campaigncycle.cfg
exec stopwatch.cfg
set com_watchdog 60
set com_watchdog_cmd “exec campaigncycle.cfg”

then in stopwatch.cfg put this…
//*******Adlernest
set m2r1 “g_gametype 3; map adlernest_2; set nextmap vstr m2r2; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r2 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r3; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Goldrush Stopwatch Game
set m2r3 “g_gametype 3; map goldrush; set nextmap vstr m2r4; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r4 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r5; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Braun Stopwatch Game
set m2r5 “g_gametype 3; map braundorf_final; set nextmap vstr m2r6; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r6 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r7; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Frostbite Stopwatch Game
set m2r7 “g_gametype 3; map frostbite; set nextmap vstr m2r8; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r8 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r9; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Supply Depot2 Stopwatch Game
set m2r9 “g_gametype 3; map supplydepot2; set nextmap vstr m2r10; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r10 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r11; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****SP Delivery Stopwatch Game
set m2r11 “g_gametype 3; map sp_delivery2; set nextmap vstr m2r12; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r12 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r13; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Tc Base
set m2r13 “g_gametype 3; map tc_base; set nextmap vstr m2r14; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r14 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r1; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

vstr m2r1

if this does not work, download this zip file, these are the configs for my old etpub scrim server, copy and paste to etpub folder
there is no need for etpub 1.0, since scimmers should have an etkey anyway
included is an older but more stable release

(sneak) #16

[QUOTE=cheesy;403319]at the end of your server.cfg put this…

//ROTATION
//exec campaigncycle.cfg
exec stopwatch.cfg
set com_watchdog 60

then in stopwatch.cfg put this…
//*******Adlernest
set m2r1 “g_gametype 3; map adlernest_2; set nextmap vstr m2r2; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r2 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r3; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Goldrush Stopwatch Game
set m2r3 “g_gametype 3; map goldrush; set nextmap vstr m2r4; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r4 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r5; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Braun Stopwatch Game
set m2r5 “g_gametype 3; map braundorf_final; set nextmap vstr m2r6; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r6 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r7; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Frostbite Stopwatch Game
set m2r7 “g_gametype 3; map frostbite; set nextmap vstr m2r8; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r8 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r9; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Supply Depot2 Stopwatch Game
set m2r9 “g_gametype 3; map supplydepot2; set nextmap vstr m2r10; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r10 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r11; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****SP Delivery Stopwatch Game
set m2r11 “g_gametype 3; map sp_delivery2; set nextmap vstr m2r12; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r12 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r13; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

//*****Tc Base
set m2r13 “g_gametype 3; map tc_base; set nextmap vstr m2r14; sets StopwatchRound 1;”
set m2r14 “map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r1; sets StopwatchRound 2;”

vstr m2r1

if this does not work, download this zip file, these are the configs for my old etpub scrim server, copy and paste to etpub folder
there is no need for etpub 1.0, since scimmers should have an etkey anyway
included is an older but more stable release[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

Okay that script you pasted is a simple stopwatch script which I know how to setup and use, the problem is I need it to work how it used to work (the way an etpro scrim works). People shouldn’t be forced into another map if possible… they should be allowed to vote a map. Some people playing don’t understand how this stuff works and will think that they have to play the next map in the script.

Most people actually DON’T have an etkey, and I wan’t to be able to force people to use a specific pk3 because in most cases it would let me detect a cheat user. Since players are forced to use a specific etpub pk3 in their client, if “ETPub Client: No” appears in their “userinfo” they are doing something which is impossible without third party help. Some hacks do not effect their userinfo in such a way, but most do. That’s my reason behind using 1.0. Also it seems the pk3 you included is the exact same nightly build date I’m using.

I looked over the stuff in your .cfg files and I already have setup the server.cfg the way I’d like to to be, the stopwatch.cfg is the same as what you posted. I have no flaws with my current files, I just want etpub to function how it normally does. You can check that, I provided the files for download in my original post.

guNer?

(cheesy) #17

As far as I know, you cannot have both in etpub. You must decide, stopwatch or map vote cycle. Which one do you want?

if I am wrong and there is a way…I would love to know :smiley:

Yes, this is guner. You got Paul all hot and pist by telling him i gave you et 300 minus nag message. remember that?
!slap sneak

(ailmanki) #18

He means callvote mapname, not the gametype where you can vote for a map at end of round…

(sneak) #19

[QUOTE=cheesy;403325]As far as I know, you cannot have both in etpub. You must decide, stopwatch or map vote cycle. Which one do you want?

if I am wrong and there is a way…I would love to know :smiley:

Yes, this is guner. You got Paul all hot and pist by telling him i gave you et 300 minus nag message. remember that?
!slap sneak[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it’s always been possible to do it the way I was saying in etpub. I’ve done it over the past years and just had it working on 2 different hosts. Ask any of the players who have been scrimming on it and they will tell you it’s true.

(cheesy) #20

Oh I see, the ingame callvote. That is so ancient I did not think people were still using it. I do remember that during the development of etpub 0.9.x there were several complaints about it and people were scratching their heads because of all the bugs. Never completely resolved.

• Try adding vote_allow_map 1
  • Try a map script directory listed in the server.cfg, even if no custom scripts yet. This directory goes in the same folder as server.cfg (i.e. etpub\mapscripts\ )
  • Check to make sure your slots in the game host console does not conflict with what is in the server.cfg…or the host will stop map rotations.
  • Looking at end of your config, you are forcing watchdog and frostbite map before any other rotation, delete that crap and put…

//ROTATION
exec stopwatch.cfg
set com_watchdog 60 // this is just incase the stopwatch fails

• Here is my old map configs…

//MAP CONFIGS
set vote_allow_map 1
set vote_allow_nextmap 0
set g_gametype “2” // never tried 3
set g_mapVoteFlags 13 // adjust as needed
set g_maxMapsVotedFor 15 // must be less than total maps
set g_minMapAge 3