Release Date

(badfish4444) #1

OK so I have probably read every interview with the SD team, watched every interview vid, game play video and event demo that is out for BRINK. I know, I am seriously obsessed, but I don’t understand the delay and to push it to Spring makes less since. From what I have seen and read the game is finished and just under going some polishing. So… 6-7 months of polishing? Either the game is no where near finished or Bethesda has forced them to push this back so Fallout can come out unhindered by BRINK launching simultaneously.

Why not launch it like every other company does today and finish polishing with patches:wink:
No, but really, is there any chance at all that it will be moved forward? Spring 2011 could be anywhere from March until June and there is nothing to play until then especially now that Gears 3 has been pushed back. BRINK is the type of game I have been dreaming of developers making for years . A FPS that has some RPG type elements to it with seamless SP/CO/MP plus the ability to create a character and take that character through any game type you wish and earn xp all the same. If I just want to play with friends there is no penalty for that. I get the same upgrades and character unlocks and so forth.

I even built a Tapir farm just for the launch… here’s a quick pic of it.

:stroggtapir::stroggtapir::stroggtapir:
              :stroggtapir:    :stroggtapir:     :stroggtapir:

They’re out to pasture at the moment.

(SockDog) #2

Polish is what makes good games great games. For that reason alone I’m happy waiting as long as SD feels they need to get it done and get it done well. Although I agree I doubt Bethesda was too heart broken about not matching up two titles in the same release slot.

Spring could mean any time from January onwards in my book.

There is another thread here where people talk about what they’re playing in the meantime maybe take a look.

(Joe999) #3

because rushing out an unfinished game kills the game within a few weeks. that’s even faster for online multiplayer games. people just move on.

it’s the first impression that counts.

I’d much prefer to wait longer and have a game that is spot on and have no major issues that need addressing with patches that normally takes months to implement.

(Slade05) #5

Problem is, it will still require those major patches anyway, because of all the exploits, vulnerabilities and other stuff that only shows up after release.

(brbrbr) #6

thats why quality and scale of testing is SO important.
higher you rise you expectetion and product quality requirement - bigger part of project budget its eat.
for 1st-grade products[take MS OS’es, CAD, CAE, CASE or some jerky enterprise SW stuff] its eat up to 8/10 of investments to project.
thats why open beta-testing is GOOD palliative and saves both time and money, considerably.

(Slade05) #7

Good palliative is an oxymoron!

(brbrbr) #8

okay.
all oxymorons are chaotic neutral.
you are satisfed now ?

(LyndonL) #9

You two stop flirting would ya.

(Slade05) #10

Nevar!

brbrbr
Generalizations. Pffft.

(Wraith) #11

So much love on this forum.

(brbrbr) #12

Macron said, that Love - save Earth.
and other planets too.
so we bring some love and so on and so on to …
to little green inhabitants of this world.

(LyndonL) #13

[QUOTE=brbrbr;244153]Macron said, that Love - save Earth.
and other planets too.
so we bring some love and so on and so on to …
to little green inhabitants of this world.[/QUOTE]

Wow I wish absynthe with wormwood was available in Australia… that IS what you’re on yeah?

(Nikto) #14

he’s russian, he had some bad wodka.

i think “love” is just a chemical reaction meant to make sure our species doesn’t get extinct

but this is getting quite off-topic :stuck_out_tongue:

(brbrbr) #15

[QUOTE=Nikto;244167]he’s russian, he had some bad wodka.

i think “love” is just a chemical reaction meant to make sure our species doesn’t get extinct

but this is getting quite off-topic :p[/QUOTE]

no, ironically i hate intoxication of any kind[and my body&brain barely tolerate any attempt to. such as at workparties/buzinessevents].
and more ironically, its easier to get high quality vodka(not “Wodka”)outside Russia, than inside.
so if you travel to Russia for some buziness needs, be careful with[buying/consuming]alcohol here - about 45% alcohol is counterfeit and from [completely]untraceable sources. worser was only situation with food - about 85% is crap.

(Kinjal) #16

its remained me sum thing… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g4qk8VHyTY&feature=related

(Slade05) #17

Red pepper Nemiroff.
Die is style, throwing up your insides!

(brbrbr) #18

intoxication sucks.
and make you less happier, than before.
opposing to what most expect/want from it.
if you have brain = use it. at least to evade poison injection 2 self.
and not, stroyent from QW is have another story and have another prototype[1/4 age from “common goods” stage, at least. IF someone decide to allow that]

(Yellow Steroid Puff) #19

I agree that we should give the developers time to perfect the game before they release it. I really don’t want to have another calamity like Fallout 3 on the market.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(LyndonL) #20

What was so bad about FO3?