Net settings

(Coliseum) #1

I usually get a decent connection ping-wise and 30-50 ms should translate to decent hitdetection, except it often doesn’t. Beside that I get lots of people walking through walls, wading through stairs, lagging sniper scope, etc… Changing net_clientprediction doesn’t seem to change a whole lot and a server that’s stable for me one day turns into a lagfest the day after.
Figured I’d post some of my settings to see if anyone has some tips to maybe help alleviate these issues:

Lagometer generally looks like this (which is good right?):

Other settings:

seta net_clientMaxPrediction “1000”
seta net_clientUsercmdBackup “5”
seta net_clientMaxRate “25000”
seta net_clientprediction “10”

Thanks!

(Sverige) #2

My best advice is to make sure every background program which uses internet bandwidth such as skype,spotify,firefox etc etc is disabled. Otherwise it can totally ruin the connection :penguin:
Bad hit detection is what i almost everytime experience with clientprediction set to anything else then 0.
Also don’t forget about controling the weapon spread, this is incredibly important.
Maybey its config related, if so you might also try my connection settings :cool::

//********************************************************
seta net_clientSkipUsercmd “2”
seta net_clientUsercmdBackup “0”
seta net_clientMaxPrediction “1000”
seta net_clientPrediction “0”
seta net_clientMaxRate “16000”
seta net_limitApparentMinSpeed “200”
seta net_limitApparentMaxErrorAllowance “0.25”
seta net_limitApparentMaxLagAllowance “0.25”
seta net_limitApparentVelocity “1”
seta net_predictionErrorDecay “1”

(Kl3ppy) #3

I fixed it for you!

(Rex) #4

Tips by the pimp from pbbans, listen up and learn!

[QUOTE=Sverige;408196]My noob advice is to make sure every cheat program which uses internet bandwidth such as beep beep etc etc is enabled. Otherwise it can totally ruin your K/D :penguin:
Bad hit detection is what i almost everytime experience when I set my aimbot to off.
Also don’t forget about controling the humanized settings, this is incredibly important.
Maybey its config related, if so you might also try my idiot settings :cool:: rofl rofl, I know so much about this game!

seta net_allowCheats “1”
seta net_SkipClientSkill “1”
seta net_skipRecordingDemo “0”
seta net_clientMaxPrediction “100000000000000”
seta net_clientPrediction “1337”
seta net_clientMaxRate “80000”
seta ui_clanTag “MegaProWhoOnlyCheatedOnce”
seta net_limitApparentAim “1” // 1 for limiting
seta net_limitApparentMapAwareness “1”
seta net_limitbrain “1”
seta net_NetProConfig “0”
//********************************************************[/QUOTE]

I fixed it even further.

(.N.E.R.D.) #5

this thread has potential :slight_smile:

(Coliseum) #6

This thread died and was decomposing already. Leave it in peace!

(Ashog) #7

[QUOTE=Rex;408221]Tips by the pimp from pbbans, listen up and learn!

I fixed it even further.[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahhaa

seta net_limitbrain “1”

ROFL!

(Kl3ppy) #8

[QUOTE=Ashog;408239]ahahahahahhaa

seta net_limitbrain “1”

ROFL![/QUOTE]

fixed some more, soon we will have a decent cfg :wink:

set max_BrainUse “0”

(.N.E.R.D.) #9

seta g_fov “360”
seta g_YouCan’tHide “1”
r_SkipGettingHit “1”

(Breo) #10

bind “x” “toggle net_authserver” :smiley:

(Rex) #11

Glad I turned this thread in the right direction.

(Sverige) #12

OMG! stop this drama ****, it aint funny at all.

(Kl3ppy) #13

the right persons hoped in :wink:

(Dthy) #14

g_lweapon_proficiency_level “3”

(.N.E.R.D.) #15

Hm, I don’t really understand that vid, except that I find it funny how you kill numb without EVER being on his model with your crosshair …
QW is the best !!!

(Dthy) #16

It’s the ding ding ding ding ding ding. QW RULZ D00d

(Rex) #17

Hahaha the first kill :smiley: pure skill

(Dthy) #18

It’s all skill :smiley:

(opt_fr) #19

To get back on the topic, I don’t agree with the fact that the net experience is globally deteriorating : for me it depends of the servers where we are playing, some looks better maybe cause they have better connection/are near to your geographical zone (assuming the hardware is enough for all of them). As there are less active servers than in the past, it is more difficult to play on an active server that is close to you.

I noticed that when a server if full and then 24 players start loading the next map, and if your computer load it quickly and get stuck to 100%, which let me think it looks like waiting for the server. Then after 2-3 more seconds, your’re in and can see that a few players already joined in even before you!
Same problem for time between end of warmup/begin of map.

Also, when fighting near to death you can observe your bullets don’t hit your target, because… You are dead before knowing it :smiley:

Or waiting for an enemy coming from a wall corner, i’ve occasionally seen his name + hp state before his skin.

Fortunately there are workaround : don’t believe what you see and play as you would expect the game to be in this lag case, I mean, when you cook a nade, you have to add to the remaining time (that is displayed on the center screen) , the interval of time between your click and the HUD to display the progress indicator of the nade cooking
'.
If you quicky selected the pistol when holding medipacks and then lag occurs, it has happened to me to kill someone with still medipacks in hands, the display switching to pistol weapon 1-2 second later.

Finally, about the guys going through the walls : I think it is better than what you can see more some other games about lag : translocation ! :smiley:

(Rex) #20

I doubt this has anything to do with your settings. I would say this is a normal phenomenon. You also named the most common bugs, as for example “people walking through walls” happens the most on Volcano.