TheDutchServer you crossed the line of norms

(Paul) #1

I’m not sure if you are or read here at all, I just want to say that you with your 217.123.33.207 server have crossed the norms of society. If you read this, I hope you will understand and revert whatever you did.

== Info for the others ==
This ‘gentleman’ tricked something, so at any info request its sends back a redirect message to the client requesting. This results in that anyone currently clicking ‘Play online’ in the 2.60b serverlist will get automaticly redirected to his server. This results in total unfair placings, as users are now unable to connect to any other server anymore.

(morsik) #2

Fixed in ET:Legacy: https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/compare/813605372861...12cc540bf5a4

(Domagoj) #3

ive just been connected there paul, we need to do something considering THAT MOTHER****ING PIECE OF ANUS , sorry for bad language but this is bull and he gotta be stopped.

(.Chris.) #4

I don’t quite follow? You’re saying the owner of a server has made it so everyone can only connect to his server?

(Domagoj) #5

yes, after you click on play online, in a few secs it automaticlly connect’s you on his server, even if u hasnt touched anything, so all players are being connected there, and cant play on another server…i just helped some people from there to get the **** out from it, but soon after BRANIAC owner of that server has perm banned me, so cant help no more, still there must be someone to shutdown that server somehow, or hack it, or anything…we cant let this continue… Paul is working hard atm, trying to do something considering that fag.

(acQu) #6

Simple solution is to make the masterserver filter that kind of annyoing servers. Requires some working together with id though ^^ It also requires a watchdog, someone who is constantly babysitting, and i fear noone of id wants to do such an idiotic job.

Btw.: is this the redirect message =>

DELETED :slight_smile:

I get it on port 27961 after i queried some info on port 27960. I have no clue about how redirect works though.

(Paul) #7

[QUOTE=acQu;400434]Simple solution is to make the masterserver filter that kind of annyoing servers. Requires some working together with id though ^^ It also requires a watchdog, someone who is constantly babysitting, and i fear noone of id wants to do such an idiotic job.

Btw.: is this the redirect message =>

I get it on port 27961 after i queried some info on port 27960. I have no clue about how redirect works though.[/QUOTE]

It’s very easy to do, but please edit your message and leave out the details before anyone else does the same stupid thing. It seems he took his server down now so :slight_smile:

EDIT: He’s doing it again

(Domagoj) #8

yep, started it again…this is bad :confused:

(Mateos) #9

If they continue I’ll consider badly the =Dutch= clan =D

Maybe if you down it they’ll understand why. Just a 2 cent first thinking after reading this.

(.Chris.) #10

Doing it once isn’t enough to think badly of them? It’s a douchebag move fullstop.

(Mateos) #11

Because forcing all players to go on their server isn’t enough?

Edit:
Btw what means “It’s a douchebag move fullstop”? ^^’

(Shadow1993) #12

this guy is ruining the game. There must be a way to stop him

(ETdemin) #13

Thank you for the Info… It really S**K… :o
but is there some other, same kind of abuse we do not know at this day ? That is the question…

(badman) #14

This server has been removed from the master server list.

(Mateos) #15

Thank you very much Badman :slight_smile:

(acQu) #16

Ah, uh, ohhh :slight_smile: Great work. Let us hope nothing else happens.

(Nail) #17

Thank You id

(Domagoj) #18

Thanks all!

(SimpleM) #19

I’ve heard of this, be aware to not join this server.

(Domagoj) #20

server has been removed from the masterlist.