skilth 1.3 warzone source

(king_troll) #1

i uploaded the source so you all can make your wolf mp remakes and conversions or any other type of 2x human tactical mods, it builds on windows and linux, i dont have mac so i have never tried it

download http://www.moddb.com/mods/q43a/downloads/skilth-warzone-v13-source

you can download the proper skilth http://www.moddb.com/mods/q43a/downloads/skilth-warzone-v13-complete and play against the bots or online in the mean time

use it or fail, making deployables the same is nasty code and no debug hud game crashes, and many other small things to remove all things strogg

(BackSnip3) #2

Nice to know, we’ll figure out that asymmetric stuff when we get a coder on board :S

(king_troll) #3

you will not figure it out, it is why there is no decent mods or any decent number of mods for quakewars… use skilth source and you just have to setup and rename team player classes, in the code, the rest is done through guis/def files/scripts

it still has or has the warmup bot bug where most spawns just drop to the floor instead of para landing down, but that only happens on some maps

base\def\players\roles_gdf.def
base\def\players\roles_strogg.def

search source for class names soldierAllies/soldierAxis/medicAllies/medicAxis/etc and rename, along with class names in script files, and all is done

skilth source will save you a year with someone tip toeing around the code to make a base for normal gameplay

(BackSnip3) #4

I’ll try that soon man, we need that for the wolf:mp mod. What do you mean on your first post last line, does it have working deployables?(doesn’t matter anyway, just asking).
Spawns work correctly after warmup? Will them always work well with new maps? Thanks!

Link on gamefront doesn’t work, it says file is unavailable.

(king_troll) #5

the big red box say the download is waiting for autorization, files on moddb usually get authed 12-1am GMT, then you have to wait another 24hrs if you submit anymore for the next 12-1am

(BackSnip3) #6

Ok, I already have the compiled mod anyway :slight_smile:

(king_troll) #7

you still need the source to fix some bot bugs, and add new player classes, and do anything with vehicles, and for mac binary, +compiling of scripts dll

dont think medic bots work, they just stand over a victem until timeout is reached then they run off, if you have the default sdk, you just have to compare code and fix it, its probaly just a bool skipped from spawnhost if(), all spawnhost code has been removed etc

(FFSturm) #8

Unexpected, but it’s goody.
Thx troll.

(BackSnip3) #9

I tried to merge the two mods, it works but it gives me plenty of errors now, seems like your mod has some problems. Also most original gamemodels don’t have skins working correctly, dunno what’s wrong I copied the contents from the skins .pk3… Only tested in Sdk though
But overall it works, any new content added doesn’t have any problem, I could play with some classic gdf player models vs allied models. Seems good. :slight_smile:

Many thanks king_troll :slight_smile:

(king_troll) #10

you cannot merge mods, and most qw custom maps will not work, too much code and strogg functions have been removed from dll and scripts

player skins dont work on the limbo menu while the sdk is launched using the sdk launcher, ingame they sometimes do not work, but its just some precache thing on the limbo gui

all the retail maps work, when you download the proper skilth or compile the scripts dll

(BackSnip3) #11

I understood that, starting to make it on my own though the def/players/ declarations folder. The mod will only feature new stuff, but I wanna keep things like strogg shield maybe for sci-fi or occult stuff for axis team…
The new weapons with new anims for 3rd person wouldn’t work with your mod anyway. :confused: