JAYMOD map-vote mode.

(Ruben0s) #1

There is one, made by Redsector, but I have seriously no idea how to get it working. Tried almost everything, but I end up with the server crashing or not starting.

Is there anyone on this forum that knows how to get it working?

The only thing redsector tells about the mode is this:

• VoteMap mode added (g_em_votemap 1).

(chuckie1992) #2

Might be late to post on this dead thread, but i found the solution.
Its not hard to make it work.
just put set g_em_votemap 1 in your server.cfg and you are ready to vote for every map you have, no need for further configuring.
For example: map is radar, allied won and we are in intermission. Now let it be goldrush as the map number 3. only thing you do is !vote 3 and it will let you vote for goldrush and if fueldump is 2 and two persons voted for fuel dump, that map will be loaded.

Hope i gave enough information.

Chuck

Want to test it out, check it out /connect chuck.infinitygamingex.nl

(Indloon) #3

It’s pretty easy to understand how to vote for map,

as you can see there’s enhmod: type !vote #.

So I assume if I want to play Goldrush as next map, then I should type !vote 9.

(Ruben0s) #4

uhum. That’s not what I mean. You need to get it running first. The picture shows how it should work, but I don’t even get what is in the picture :slight_smile:

When I try to set g_em_votemap 1 with rcon. I get a message g_em_votemap is read only.

(Indloon) #5

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;398312]uhum. That’s not what I mean. You need to get it running first. The picture shows how it should work, but I don’t even get what is in the picture :slight_smile:

When I try to set g_em_votemap 1 with rcon. I get a message g_em_votemap is read only.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn’t read your previous post fully.

Shouldn’t you open the ETDED shortcut and add +set g_em_votemap 1?

(Ruben0s) #6

could be, but I don’t have this option at ycn.

(Indloon) #7

But you could ask them to do so :smiley:

Or test it on your own, by adding it to ET shortcut and run localhost server to see if it works .

(Shownie) #8

Wrong, you do have that option :slight_smile:

(Ruben0s) #9

I know YCN has it, but on the server where I wanted to check it out I don’t have it, because I don’t have all the privileges. However tried it on a server where I do have all the privileges, but it ends up with the server crashing, so it doesn’t work. :frowning:

(Shownie) #10

If it crashes, it means something isn’t installed correct :slight_smile:

(Ruben0s) #11

No **** sherlock. Server is installed correctly. All the advanced mod features work except this one.

I guess I have to change some commands on the server, but I will wait till redsector answers my questions.

He is the only one who got it working.

(hellreturn) #12

No no, mine crashes too… On windows my server always used to crash so I had to remove enhance mod… Linux runs good, I think.

(Shownie) #13

Do you use bad language against me?

:slight_smile:

(Ruben0s) #14

I said no s hit sherlock, something wrong with that? You only say things that are obvious and are no help at all.

And I have the feeling that you try to be a wise guy because I didn’t agree with you in the past :wink:

so if you don’t want to help shownie just don’t post.

(Mateos) #15

How limited are your rights? No access to the config file themselves, the CFGs?

It is currently stuck on 0 value, or does it crash when you have it on 1? Because on 1 hand to try to put it on 1 by RCON, and on the other hand it makes your server crash, so in this case it is on 1 (Can’t see how something disabled can crash)?

This is obvious, but since it’s read-only you can’t edit it when the server is up and running, you have to directly edit it in CFGs or ETDED as said Indloon.

(Ruben0s) #16

I want to put it on a server where I have limited rights( still have acces to the cfgs though), but I will test it on a server where I have full rights.
The server won’t even start when I put it on one in the cfgs or eteded.

(Shownie) #17

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;398372]I said no s hit sherlock, something wrong with that? You only say things that are obvious and are no help at all.

And I have the feeling that you try to be a wise guy because I didn’t agree with you in the past :wink:

so if you don’t want to help shownie just don’t post.[/QUOTE]

We don’t have a past… or do we? And besides, I put I question since I only could see ****, what’s wrong with that?

If what I say is so obvious, perhaps you should ask more detailed questions. On a side note, I am a wise guy, the reason I said what I said was clearly because I have used YCN, so I know what control you have over the server.

lol. :slight_smile:

(Ruben0s) #18

I would have done that if there was more information about the mode. So far I can only ask if someone got it working and how did he get it working.

(Destroy666) #19

I got no crashes with set g_em_votemap “1” but it ain’t working at all. How is it supposed to work? Print maps from enhmod_mapvote.db in console at intermission and then let people !vote for number?
EDIT: Tried once again and it crashed after !nextmap and wouldn’t run after restarts unless I put out the cvar from cfg.

EnhMod is a great addition to Jaymod but it has bugs in almost every feature and almost no documentation. Has anyone idea if RedSector does still work on it? I sent him a list of bugs and issues with no response.

(Ruben0s) #20

Yea, I wish redsector gave some more information about how to get it working, but I guess he is inactive, he didn’t play ET in 70 days.

I guess the enhmod_mapvote.db is used to store information about when a map was last played.